IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Sunshine: sorry you're having one of those days, it's ok we all have them.. Just let it all out here dear we're here to listen :hugs:

Mbrink: sorry that your IVF has been delayed.. Hope it can resume soon

AQ: that's a gorgeous pic :)

Rosie: sorry you are having a rough time :hugs:

Pcct, Sanu : how are you doing?

Big hello to the rest of the ladies :winkwink:

Sunshine- I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. My sister even went on to say that she doesn't understand what we're going through. That her husband can wink at her and she'll get pregnant. I just wish people would think before they speak. Hope it gets easier for you.

I'm doing good. Gonna go crazy before my ultrasound next week! And btw, I will be as huge as a whale if I keep eating like this. I have been STARVING all day and can't seem
to get full :(

Just wanted to update you ladies! My IVF cycle was cancelled for the second time on Wednesday. I am so gutted. They said we're now looking at March or February...but then again, they've said that before. So heartbroken.

Mbrink, sorry of you mentioned this, but why was it cancelled? I've been down that road and I'm so nervous it will happen again. :hugs:

Basically due to a local clinic submitting in a test for cystic fibrosis for the wrong test to Quest Diagnostics. I was originally supposed to have my first cycle in January, until we realized that Quest submitted the test for a CF screen and not the full analysis. My husband is a carrier of cystic fibrosis, which they believe is the reason he has male factor (he has seen a urologist and they can't find anything wrong otherwise). My screen came back negative for cystic fibrosis, but they wanted to double check.

Which I completely understand but they originally told us two days before we were supposed to begin IVF in February that it would be back in time. Our clinic has been VERY inconsistent for the last few months with everything they have told us (one day we're good to do IVF, three weeks later its cancelled) and its very draining emotionally. As of now we really don't know where we stand.

I think this is something that doesn't probably happen often, but of course, it would happen to us. :wacko: We have the worst luck ever! haha.

Mbrink- Ah no, i am sorry to hear you have been delayed yet again. I am sure there is a reason though as i do believe in fate, although like you, we have a lot of bad luck and i do sometimes question it! lol. Stay strong an you will soon be jabbing x

Sunshine-Aww hun i am sorry to hear u are struggling. I used to get sooo upset when friends told me they were pregnant and could not stand the pregnancy/baby talk but to be honest i find it a lot easier to take now cos i seem to be numb to it. Its like a defense mechanism i have built up over the years. It will be us one day god willing :) x

Line- When i was pregnant, 1st time around, i would eat like a horse! i obviously only got as far as 7wks but must of gained a stone in that time! lol. Not long for your scan now x

Hi to all the gang x

Mbrink- I am sorry to hear that is there any chance of perhaps finding a new clinic?

Pcct- Glad to hear your shots are going good now.

AQ- Good for you for the diet/exercise. I lost 25lbs before I started this cycle and am pretty sure I have gained it all back. I think I need to be on food intervention! I know I worry too much but my transfer is this afternoon. Last night when the nurse called me with my time and instructions she told me the embtyologist does not give them an update and I will not find out their status until I arrive. I am so afraid that none of them have made it. Have you heard of this happening? I just can't help but feel I have made a mistake. Would it have been better to transfer excellent 3 day embies or mediocre 5 day blasts. I have such an aversion to meds but I am truly looking forward to taking the valium today my anxiety has been through the roof! Iy's 5:30am here and my appt is 12:45pm. The progesterone shots are going well though and the horror stories I have read couldn't be more wrong. Turns out I'd rather do the shot once a day than suppositories 3/day. Plus I have extra cushion back there anyways. Surprised I even have muscle to inject into back there ! Lol

Peachy- You will be fine and so will your embies ;-) its natural to worry. I have never known anyone go for a fresh transfer and be told there are no embies to transfer and i have been on these boards a long time. You will soon be at the clinic having your precious embies transferred and then the real insanity begins... the 2ww! haha. Its a special time tho cos for that 2wks or less, we don't know the outcome so can bask in the thought that we are pregnant no matter what the end result may be so enjoy every moment and although it does mess with your head try and relax as its best for baby ;-) Lots of luck xxx

Meant to ask has anyone heard anything from Snsnsn ? her OTD was the 9th of Feb and im wondering how she got on as she has not posted much.

Hi Pcct :) hope your stimming is going well xxx

No havnt heard nothing Hun :/
Yeah it's going very well :) I have accu tonight too so looking forward to that :)

AQ-Pcct- Thank you and also great pics they're adorable! I should find one of us to share while I'm doing nothing it's so nice to put a face on who you're speaking to.

One more ? and this may sound totally off the wall. I read somewhere eating the core of a pineapple can help with implantation or some such thing so I bought one yesterday and am now clueless on how to go about it. I never eat pineapple and my husband thinks I'm crazy lol. I told him I'm not I'm just desperate. Ever heard of this?

Thanks Hun :)
Yes I have heard of that too and I too have no idea how to do it :haha: I don't think I even no what the core is :rofl: I all so heard that u can't eat too much off it either

Hey Ladies-
Seems like many of your are well underway with injections!

Blizzard came and went- we got about 2 feet in my neighborhood. So pretty outside but so cold!

My 2ww has been boring! Counting the days until I can POAS! One question though (TMI and I'm sorry)-
I know everyone says no BDing on the 2ww but I think I involuntarily O'd in my sleep! I woke up cramping and I'm scared I did something to my uterus without knowing! Today is 3dp3dt. Progesterone is a funny drug!

:haha: i did that too baby and got my bfp so dont worry too much!!! blame the progesterone- i had crazy dreams ever since ET - one involving Channing Tatum so that was nice!!!! xx

loving your new pics pact and AQ!!

i ate the core too when i wasnt throwing up!! its the hard stuff in the middle of the pineapple, if you cut it in rings, its a bit hard and chewy! i also read you could have too much and it can cause mc in high doses...???? anyways, i ate 2 rings a day xx

linesman- ive been eating loads too and been super tired!!

hey to evryone else xx

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick update. Had egg collection on Fri 8th Feb and we got 8 eggs and 5 had fertilised by the next morning. We went in for 3dt this morning and they advised transfering 2 as although one had divided 10times and another 12times, (8times is ideal for 3dt) there were a few abnormalities with them both which meant they weren't perfect. It was a real dilema for them as we went through IVF for male factor so there's every chance both embryeo's might stick. We do have a "perfect" embryeo that had only divided 7times so wasn't a contender for today (despite last minute checking) but they will watch that one to see if it can become a frostie.

Felt really quite emotional afterwards and really can't believe i'm pupo with twins! Feeling a real mix of emotions; worrying neither will stick, worry about losing one, and also the worry of having twins! This process is such a rollercoaster!! Each time you get through a stage, there is something else to worry about! OTD is 22nd Feb...eeek!

Baby dust to everyone :)

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick update. Had egg collection on Fri 8th Feb and we got 8 eggs and 5 had fertilised by the next morning. We went in for 3dt this morning and they advised transfering 2 as although one had divided 10times and another 12times, (8times is ideal for 3dt) there were a few abnormalities with them both which meant they weren't perfect. It was a real dilema for them as we went through IVF for male factor so there's every chance both embryeo's might stick. We do have a "perfect" embryeo that had only divided 7times so wasn't a contender for today (despite last minute checking) but they will watch that one to see if it can become a frostie.

Felt really quite emotional afterwards and really can't believe i'm pupo with twins! Feeling a real mix of emotions; worrying neither will stick, worry about losing one, and also the worry of having twins! This process is such a rollercoaster!! Each time you get through a stage, there is something else to worry about! OTD is 22nd Feb...eeek!

Oh best of luck to you honey!!!! Keep us posted. The universe wouldn't give you anything you couldnt handle, so however this turns out, is how it was meant to be! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

Bumpsparkle- Welcome to the 2ww! I also had a 3dt on Thursday, but only one embryo,... so we're not too far off... my OTD is th 19th.. and these past few days have been hell. I feel EXACTLY how you do.. what if it works.. what if it didnt.. hope you're enjoying your rest.

Hey Ladies-
Seems like many of your are well underway with injections!

Blizzard came and went- we got about 2 feet in my neighborhood. So pretty outside but so cold!

My 2ww has been boring! Counting the days until I can POAS! One question though (TMI and I'm sorry)-
I know everyone says no BDing on the 2ww but I think I involuntarily O'd in my sleep! I woke up cramping and I'm scared I did something to my uterus without knowing! Today is 3dp3dt. Progesterone is a funny drug!

:haha: i did that too baby and got my bfp so dont worry too much!!! blame the progesterone- i had crazy dreams ever since ET - one involving Channing Tatum so that was nice!!!! xx

Jealous of the Channing Tatum dream... mine wasnt as exciting lol... Last night i woke up because I had a dream someone was breaking into my house.. I even made DH check the windows! I swear i thought it was real.. Maybe I watched too much of Kevin Bacon's new show 'the following' yesterday.

PCCT & AQ- NIce new pics!!

About the pineapple core thing- i've been eating a couple of rings a day with the core... its definitely edible just a little harder than the outside of the ring. I'll try anything at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->