IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

BabyD, yup, I'd say that's a :BFP:

PCCT, hope everything is ok.

RAFWife, it will all be worth it in the end.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM, had my second scan this morning, and it looks like about 4 on both the right and the left with a couple of smaller ones too. I feel so much better today. EC scheduled for late next week, so they have more time for follies to grow! :happydance:

Hi ladies-

Just wanted to check in and ask about diet/nutrition for those of you that have recently gotten your BFP through IVF.

I've always been a healthy eater but as soon as we decided to go the IVF route ( last month ) I've really focused even more on cutting out caffeine and wine ( still have the occasional glass since I'm not stimming yet... ) eating leafy green, berries, tons of protein--mostly from egg whites & beans, and lots of calcium. Plus prenantals of course. I can actually feel the difference, I literally FEEL healthier already.

I guess I'm just curious to see what your doc recommended or what you decided to do to take control of what we actually can control---diet!

I should start stimming sometime next week.

Hi ladies-

Just wanted to check in and ask about diet/nutrition for those of you that have recently gotten your BFP through IVF.

I've always been a healthy eater but as soon as we decided to go the IVF route ( last month ) I've really focused even more on cutting out caffeine and wine ( still have the occasional glass since I'm not stimming yet... ) eating leafy green, berries, tons of protein--mostly from egg whites & beans, and lots of calcium. Plus prenantals of course. I can actually feel the difference, I literally FEEL healthier already.

I guess I'm just curious to see what your doc recommended or what you decided to do to take control of what we actually can control---diet!

Interesting question! I limited myself to 1-2 alcoholic drinks a week before stimming.. i even had a glass of wine 2 days before retrieval.. relaxation i think is most important. I've always been a relatively healthy eater- I dont overdo it on any one thing. I did limit seafood the past month- dont want mercury in me. I do eat A LOT of green leafy veggies.. and a meat almost every night.. white and red. I limit carbs- although theres nothing i love more than a bowl of pasta. Everything in moderation and perhaps stay away from foods you can't eat during pregnancy.. worked for me! And above all.. cut out stressors... i didn't speak to my mother in law the whole time i stimmed! lol

Hi everyone!

My update - Better from last scan I guess. Seems like there could be 4 or 5 follicles.. But the real test is the retrieval and need to wait till Monday evening for ER. Will be taking the HCG shot this Sunday. The endo lining was good as per the doctor. Fingers crossed.

It means I am in this city atleast until friday next and that means a long time away from home. But DH joining me tomorrow so feeling better.

Sorry for all the BFNs coming in the last few days! Hang in there and believe in what you want! Lots of :hugs::hugs:

All the other in the cycle All the best!:thumbup: Lots of baby dust!

Hi ladies-

I didn't really change anything. The only things I cut out were wine and caffeine. I'm from the south and we're not known for healthy eating. I'm not overweight though so I didn't see it as being an issue. As a matter of fact, while stimming I had a bowl of ice cream every night after my injections. It was my reward for being a "big girl".
If you think it will help, then go for it. You don't want to have any regrets. Good luck!!

BabyD that definitely looks like a BFP to me!!!!! Congratulations!!

I'll be 6dp3dt on Sun so will start testing properly then as trigger seems to be gone as getting blank hpt's now :)

BabyD that definitely looks like a BFP to me!!!!! Congratulations!!

I'll be 6dp3dt on Sun so will start testing properly then as trigger seems to be gone as getting blank hpt's now :)

I got the faintest of faintest lines on 6dp3dt using FRER.. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear!

Hey ladies sorry I didn't give u all an up date early on I just didn't expect today to go the way it did - firstly we have 13 follicles BUT only 4 are decent enough size one being 18mm which the 18mm is just being ignored the other 9 are all 10mm or under and we really need them little dudes to catch up! So the 18mm is to be ignored ( loss one to gain more ) so to speak and because we are doing egg share we need a min of 8 eggs so we have had to prepare that of theses little fellas don't play catch up we may not have enough eggs which would mean I won't get anything this cycle and give all the eggs away to the recipient and go back a few months later and have a full free cycle to my self . However I have every crossed I can have my cycle and Monday tells a diff story

Hey PCCT, that doesn't sound bad. It is still early enough that the others can catch up. How do they ignore the biggest follicle? Hang in there, sends lots of BD your way. Us cycle buddies have to stick together :hugs:

Thank you Hunni :hugs: I have been talking to them all day telling them to get a move on or there left behind :haha: there just ignore the biggest one as that's going to grow bigger over weekend and they can over mature but u Neva know ivf is so unpretiable :shrug: how did your scan go ? I can hardly remember anything theses days am so sorry :dohh:

Hi everyone.. After a horrible night, I was so tensed and stressed because of the ER results, I can breathe a sigh of relief! 2 out of 4 have fertilised. They asked me to call back tomorrow to check on the embies and the emryologist said that there still is a chance of the other 2 fertilising, maybe they r a bit slower. We'll know tomorrow. Fingers crossed my 2 embies survive and start dividing. Will know tomorrow if they r doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer.

Congratz babyD! I see that line too.

Hi everyone.. After a horrible night, I was so tensed and stressed because of the ER results, I can breathe a sigh of relief! 2 out of 4 have fertilised. They asked me to call back tomorrow to check on the embies and the emryologist said that there still is a chance of the other 2 fertilising, maybe they r a bit slower. We'll know tomorrow. Fingers crossed my 2 embies survive and start dividing. Will know tomorrow if they r doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer.

Congratz babyD! I see that line too.

Thank you ! Dont get discouraged.. i did when I only had 5 fertilize and then they decided to do a 3 day over a 5 day... all you need is ONE decent one to make it another 2 days... FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU! xoxo

I forgot to mention, I had a lot more than 4 follies but only 4 had eggs! Dr said most of them were just fluid

Hey Karis I was told today that only 80% of follicles contain an egg :) I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

Has anyone had their eggs fertilise late?

I've seen a lot of threads where eggs fertilized the next day! In fact my eggs didnt make it to blast on day five.. but turned into blast on day 6 so they froze them then! And they weren't looking good all week! Dont give up!!

hey ladies just checking in had EC this morning and we got 15 eggs all looking good too along with hubbys sample so just a waiting game till in the morning to see how many fertilise now so fingers crossed

had a right funny turn though (i really dont like the feel of the canulla in the back of hand) so when i came out of recoverey and i could feel it it knocked me sick and faint so hubby asked if they would take it out when they checked my BP it had plummeted and i ended up flaked out oooops youd think i could handle it after everything :/ in so much pain at the minute though i really dont remember feeling like this last time so im hoping a good nights sleep will do me the world of good :D

hiya we eat like we normally do which is quite healthy anyway weve even had takeaways, however we cut out all alcohol from 8 weeks prior to starting the cycle (in one of the packs we were given it says alcohol can affect egg quality and sperm quality for upto 8 weeks) so we thought that as its something we can control then why not we also did it last time too, both me and dh take a prenatal sanatogen do a mother and father to be pack so we both take them as for caffine i drink very little anyway infact our last cycle i would have one to 2 cups of coffee per day!
Hi ladies-

hiya hun i wouldnt worry to much you will be amazed at what a few days can do to the size of follies you have a good number too!

Hey ladies sorry I didn't give u all an up date early on I just didn't expect today to go the way it did - firstly we have 13 follicles BUT only 4 are decent enough size one being 18mm which the 18mm is just being ignored the other 9 are all 10mm or under and we really need them little dudes to catch up! So the 18mm is to be ignored ( loss one to gain more ) so to speak and because we are doing egg share we need a min of 8 eggs so we have had to prepare that of theses little fellas don't play catch up we may not have enough eggs which would mean I won't get anything this cycle and give all the eggs away to the recipient and go back a few months later and have a full free cycle to my self . However I have every crossed I can have my cycle and Monday tells a diff story

baby d that is most definatley a BFP much darker than yesterday huge congratulations to you!!!
I posted on the other thread most of u are on... but is this bfp?

Peachy- How are you feeling today?

PCCT- CAn't wait to hear from u after ur appt!

AQ- Hey!! I've been meaning to inbox u to friend u on FB...

Sanu- How ru doing? xoxo

Hey Cali, Bump, Mells, MrsEE, Linemans and everyone else!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->