IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Rosie- You can use the pessaries vaginally from the day after ET so go right ahead ;-) i preferred to use them rectally as less mess and don't have to lie down for 20 mins x

BabyD- Huge CONGRATS!! :happydance::bfp::happydance:Happy and healthy 9mths! x

Hi to everyone else. Feeling quite low today so not much to add sorry xxx

Just got back from my first doc appt in quite a while and I have the green light to start stims!

I do one more night of Lupron and then tomorrow I start with 150 units of Gonal.

They think my trigger date will be March 2nd which would make March 4th my retrieval and then so on from there.

I'm a bit worried about triggering on March 2nd as I know I will be at a wedding and will need to sneak away to mix the trigger, and inject it, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Anyone ever have to do that before?

I asked a MILLION questions at my appointment regarding diet, rest, time off, etc. I specifically asked if I should avoid coffee ( as I have been for the past few weeks ) during the stims and my doc said not to worry about it. I still plan to really decrease my coffee intake and then after ER cut it completely. I was shocked by that though!

I also asked about the occasional glass of wine and she said it was fine. I was shocked! I dont plan to really drink while I am stimming and DEFINITELY not after ER, but its nice to know I could have a glass of wine out to dinner on a weekend or something.

I asked about diet and nutrition and she said just eat a balanced healthy diet. I've been drinking 3-4 liters of water daily ( I'm constantly peeing! ) and eating a very fruit and veggie heavy diet and I feel SOOO good right now, so I plan to continue that through the stims. I also have been drinking milk ( which I wasn't at ALL about a month ago ) and eating lots of good carbs: flax seeds, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. Ive also been making amazing, delicious vitamin packed smoothies every morning. I will probably be posting some of those recipes on my blog ( link in sig ).

So, that's my update. My next appt is Monday Feb 25th and after that I will know how things are growing, I will be sure to update then! Grow follies GROW!

babyd - congrats!!!

sunshine - We're not too far apart in ER's! As far as having to sneak away to do the shots, I've been doing that for the last week. I play pool on a league and on Sunday night and Tuesday night and I've had to do my shots there in the bathroom. It's so ... uncomfortable at first but if you just make sure you have alcohol swabs so you can clean the area you're going to put your stuff, you're fine and nobody really notices. I keep the tips of the needles, cover them with their plastic covers and then throw them in my my sharps contained when I go home. Hope this helps?

AFM - I went to my first scan this morning and it's looking good so far. I have lots of follicles on the left ovary and a good amount on my right. (I had the cyst on my right ovary .. not sure if that has anything to do with how many follicles they have now) I'm supposed to lower my dose of gonal F and keep the menopur and lupron the same. I go back Friday for another scan :) I'm hoping to stay on schedule for my ER on the 28th, so FX'd! Oh and the follicles that are biggest on each ovary are 7 and 8mm.

babyd - congrats!!!

sunshine - We're not too far apart in ER's! As far as having to sneak away to do the shots, I've been doing that for the last week. I play pool on a league and on Sunday night and Tuesday night and I've had to do my shots there in the bathroom. It's so ... uncomfortable at first but if you just make sure you have alcohol swabs so you can clean the area you're going to put your stuff, you're fine and nobody really notices. I keep the tips of the needles, cover them with their plastic covers and then throw them in my my sharps contained when I go home. Hope this helps?

AFM - I went to my first scan this morning and it's looking good so far. I have lots of follicles on the left ovary and a good amount on my right. (I had the cyst on my right ovary .. not sure if that has anything to do with how many follicles they have now) I'm supposed to lower my dose of gonal F and keep the menopur and lupron the same. I go back Friday for another scan :) I'm hoping to stay on schedule for my ER on the 28th, so FX'd! Oh and the follicles that are biggest on each ovary are 7 and 8mm.

Wow! We are super close!! DO you feel any side effects from the gonal? Do you feel bloated at all? I'm so curious. It will be nice to have you going through everything at practically the same time, BFPs for us BOTH!

I don't feel bloated yet. Things are just getting started so I wouldn't expect to feel anything. Honestly, during my last IVF I got 25 eggs and didn't feel bloated until after the ER so ... I wouldn't take me as an example, I'm a freak of nature! :haha: My nurse was like you don't feel bloated? because my estrogen was at like 4,500 or something like that.

I was experiencing dizziness this morning ... which sucks! But fine otherwise.

ASh- for the prolactinoma.. are you on dosinex or something else? Do you get your prolactin numbers checked? The found out I had slightly elevated prolactin levels last year when i started lactating but no adenoma on the MRI... does that effect fertility? They didnt seem to think it would be an issue.

I am on dostinex, half a pill every 2 weeks. I do get them checked, not regularly or anything but about once a month they'll check and every time they have checked its been fine, so they stopped checking so regularly since it's always fine. I was told by my RE that it does effect fertility because prolactin inhibits ovulation....if it's too high you won't ovulate so that's why they put me on the medication.

I am on dostinex, half a pill every 2 weeks. I do get them checked, not regularly or anything but about once a month they'll check and every time they have checked its been fine, so they stopped checking so regularly since it's always fine. I was told by my RE that it does effect fertility because prolactin inhibits ovulation....if it's too high you won't ovulate so that's why they put me on the medication.

Me too.. i was on half a pill twice a week.. just stopped this week. my level wasn't even too high.. 37.5 i think on the highest. Luckily it didnt effect ovulation for me.. wonder what caused mine. Hope you're feeling well through stims~!

OMG we're almost identical. Mine was about 39.5 before the medication, so they put me on the lowest dose just to keep in at a normal level. I always ovulated too, so I'm really not sure if it has to be really high to stop ovulation or what, but yeah like you, I've always ovulated and I do have the adenoma on my pituitary.

Dh wanted to test 2nite as otd is fri and we're not 2getha 2mrw during day and have company 2mrw evening and we are keen to find out 2getha rather than 1 of us getting the call on fri.

I've had some sneaky very faint FRER positives y'day and this morning so felt quietly confident there would be some little faint line to put his mind at rest as he's getting anxious, however, this evening was bfn!

Dh is disappointed and I'm feeling confused! I'm wondering if it's becoz it's an evening sample (2 hour hold) whereas others have been 2mu. Perhaps the levels are still low so the test needs early sample to pick up anything?

Really hope i haven't lost my embies! Bad cramps y'day like af cramps but not much 2day which makes me worry they've disappeared too...

Decided will use our last test with fmu in morning and then be done with testing until blood test.

Dh wanted to test 2nite as otd is fri and we're not 2getha 2mrw during day and have company 2mrw evening and we are keen to find out 2getha rather than 1 of us getting the call on fri.

I've had some sneaky very faint FRER positives y'day and this morning so felt quietly confident there would be some little faint line to put his mind at rest as he's getting anxious, however, this evening was bfn!

Dh is disappointed and I'm feeling confused! I'm wondering if it's becoz it's an evening sample (2 hour hold) whereas others have been 2mu. Perhaps the levels are still low so the test needs early sample to pick up anything?

Really hope i haven't lost my embies! Bad cramps y'day like af cramps but not much 2day which makes me worry they've disappeared too...

Decided will use our last test with fmu in morning and then be done with testing until blood test.

FMU is definitely different than a random 2 hour hold throughout the day! I always did morning then random times.. i went through A LOT of FRER! Can't wait to see what happens on your last stick! Fx'd for you! THere wouldn't be a line at all unless something was there! Especially on more than one! xooxoxoxo

Ash - oh that is good news.....I can still feel mine is still kinda there, I start my bcps at the end of this cycle and will do an ultrasound then to see if it is completely gone. If it isnt then the dr will have to tell me what to do then.

Hi ladies, I am a bit behind on what is going on so I apologise as I know I have missed people out, my eyes are going crossed. :wacko:

Ladies who have had BFNs, I am so so sorry, :hugs:

Pcct - good luck for EC tomorrow, can't believe how quickly it has come around (maybe not for you though)

Babyhopes - congrats on the 9 eggies. my cervix is apparently bent and over to one side (not to mention a retroverted uterus) and ET took ages as they couldn't get the catheter in easily. It was still fine though, the worst part was the full bladder and scanner pushing on my bladder!

Lineman - I really hope that other little one develops.

AQ - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, awful news. :hugs: hope you hear from the pct very soon.

Klemon - I was obsessing over my hcg levels and it really wasn't doing me any good. Hopefully the second beta will jump up.

Kay - I am so very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Wannabe - so sorry that the little bean didn't stick, thinking of you

Bumpsparkle - my hpts didn't really get that much darker. Even after about 21dpo. I hope the fmu is a BFP.

BabyD - wahoo, well done you!!

AFM - had my private scan on the 14th at 5wks 6days. It's not ectopic!! They saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac and they said that looked about right for my dates. Proper scan at 7wks 4days is on the Tuesday 26th. Am still very worried about losing the little guy, not many symptoms and sore boobs seem to come and go. Trying not to stress.

xxx

LPEAR- I'm sure everything is fine. They say the majority of people don't get ms until
6-8 weeks. I've been SOOO sick since 5 weeks and today is the first day I haven't been nauseous. But instead of enjoying it, I'm stressing out wondering if there's a reason I'm not sick. This is such a roller coaster!

Thanks LPEAR - yeah I think it's gone in real quick too :shock: all tho it hasn't really sunk in yet lol

Hi ladies, I am a bit behind on what is going on so I apologise as I know I have missed people out, my eyes are going crossed. :wacko:

Ladies who have had BFNs, I am so so sorry, :hugs:

Pcct - good luck for EC tomorrow, can't believe how quickly it has come around (maybe not for you though)

Babyhopes - congrats on the 9 eggies. my cervix is apparently bent and over to one side (not to mention a retroverted uterus) and ET took ages as they couldn't get the catheter in easily. It was still fine though, the worst part was the full bladder and scanner pushing on my bladder!

Lineman - I really hope that other little one develops.

AQ - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, awful news. :hugs: hope you hear from the pct very soon.

Klemon - I was obsessing over my hcg levels and it really wasn't doing me any good. Hopefully the second beta will jump up.

Kay - I am so very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Wannabe - so sorry that the little bean didn't stick, thinking of you

Bumpsparkle - my hpts didn't really get that much darker. Even after about 21dpo. I hope the fmu is a BFP.

BabyD - wahoo, well done you!!

AFM - had my private scan on the 14th at 5wks 6days. It's not ectopic!! They saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac and they said that looked about right for my dates. Proper scan at 7wks 4days is on the Tuesday 26th. Am still very worried about losing the little guy, not many symptoms and sore boobs seem to come and go. Trying not to stress.

xxx

try not to worry about lack of symtoms when i was pg with dd after first IVF if it wasnt for the fact i poas everyday i would never of known or thought i was pregnant at all, the only thing i got was around the 8-12 week mark was just a sudden bout of tiredness late afternoon, other than that absolutley nothing so i know its easier said than done but please try not to worry and enjoy!!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->