IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

africanqueen - thanks! Going to the zoo sounds like a fun thing to do and seeing all of the baby animals is going to be so awesome!

Mells - Rest up! I hope you feel better soon. I was pretty sore after my ER for about 5 days. It got better each day but the bloating lasted FOREVER!

Haha yeah ash I think my bloat is guna last forever too :dohh: glad am not the only one that has bloated out

pcct - you're definitely not alone! I could only eat very small meals multiple times per day because if I ate a big meal, I felt sick :\ When I started to feel better, I ate EVERYTHING :haha:

Thats exactly how I feel!! I feel sick s I have to have a little something to eat then I feel better for a little bit - plus. Have always felt sick when am hungry so I guess not been able to manage normal sized meals won't help,with being the sicky feeling! X

Girls, for those taking PIO shots, rather than pessaries, i thought id let you know what our Consultant said the other day. He is clinical director of the fertility unit and also a OBGYN. He said that the shots are a large dose of progesterone which is a male hormone and that he has seen the affect this can have on baby girls as he has delivered some. He said they had swollen genitalia and very enlarged clitoris's :( just something worth keeping in mind or discussing with your RE's. xxx

AQ- Hope you had a nice day with your dad!! Hugs to you!! stay strong and positive.

Day three of injectables. First scan on Monday to see how things are growing. Excited. Nervous. Been drinking 3-4 liters of water a day , I'm so worried about OHSS and bloating so I'm trying to combat it with tons of liquid.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts, I can literally FEEL your support and it's so nice to know I can log onto here every night and talk to people that know exactly what I'm going through!!!

Can't wait for Monday! It's so exciting to see things growing and know that they're your potential little babies!

I heard that gatorade is better for combating OHSS but I'm sure if you're drinking water that's still good.

What meds are you on again?

Hi Ash- So far so good....things are great, shots are easy. I'm on Day 3 of gonal F and Lupron. Im on 150 of gonal and cant wait to see on Monday what's going on in there!

I dont feel much different yet, I have actually been eating so healthy and drinking so much water I feel thinner and LESS bloated than when I started on this! Hahah. Im sure that will change quickly

Sounds like things are moving fast with you!! How are you feeling??

No menopur? That's awesome! Menopur burns so you're so lucky :) once the first monitoring appointment comes, it seems like it's all moving 10x faster from there, IMO.

What did you cut out of your diet mainly? I'm just curious because I've cut out a lot of carbs, sugars, red meat, and caffeine and have been eating a lot of veggies (although I always do that), fish, rice, just trying to be more healthy overall but I don't know if that's really helping...

Things are moving along so quickly for me, I feel like it snuck up on me honestly. I can't believe in about 4-5 days I'll be going in for the ER. I'm feeling okay. It seems like right after I give myself the shots I start getting a headache which sucks but I normally just go to sleep right after because I don't want to be conscious for it! :haha: They can get really bad. I had some sharp pain in my ovary area on the right side today which I'm assuming is from all of the activity but things are good and I'm positive and excited :)

No menopur? That's awesome! Menopur burns so you're so lucky :) once the first monitoring appointment comes, it seems like it's all moving 10x faster from there, IMO.

What did you cut out of your diet mainly? I'm just curious because I've cut out a lot of carbs, sugars, red meat, and caffeine and have been eating a lot of veggies (although I always do that), fish, rice, just trying to be more healthy overall but I don't know if that's really helping...

Things are moving along so quickly for me, I feel like it snuck up on me honestly. I can't believe in about 4-5 days I'll be going in for the ER. I'm feeling okay. It seems like right after I give myself the shots I start getting a headache which sucks but I normally just go to sleep right after because I don't want to be conscious for it! :haha: They can get really bad. I had some sharp pain in my ovary area on the right side today which I'm assuming is from all of the activity but things are good and I'm positive and excited :)

Glad you're doing well. Pain sucks, but just think--it probably means things are growing! Yay!!

I also cut out or cut back on most of the things you said you did too and reallly amped up the proteins and calcium, as I've heard that helps.

For breakfast every morning I have a smoothie with a 2 cups of lite yogurt, three spoonfuls of dry oatmeal, one spoon of flax seed, and a cup of whatever frozen berries I have in the house ( blueberry or strawberry )--throw it in a blender and its AMAZING. For lunch I have a massive spinach/lettuce salad with red pepper, 2 hard boiled egg whites, cheese, carrots, and celery. I also drink milk everyday, and haven't done that in about 10 years! Dinner changes nightly but is always fairly healthy.

Those two meals ( breakfast and lunch ) have really upped my veg/fruit content and my protein as well. No one told me to do that, in fact my RE is suuuper laid back about everything, but based on research and what I know about nutrition, I figured I may as well give it a shot. We'll see if it actually works but I have to say I FEEL fabulous!

Sounds like you are almost to your ER! So excited for you!! Keep us all posted, can't wait to hear.

Ash- Also, no, no menopur. I dont even know what that is? Im on Lupron and gonal F. What does Menopur do?

it's just another stiming drug. I don't know why some doctors double dose people with menopur and gonal but my doctor does. :shrug: I think if you're responding well then you're good to go :thumbup:

Your smoothie sounds so good! I should get a blender. I've been bugging my honey to get a blender but he doesn't think it's necessary. We live in manhattan and there's a smoothie place literally right downstairs (you can add whatever you want and it's all organic and what not) but I would just like to be able to do it myself. I think the prices range from like 4.50-7$ and that's just crazy if I was going to drink one every morning!

Highly rec a blender!! Smoothies are really delicious, and if you make them with frozen berries they are super cheap. I also know as soon as I'm pregnant I am going to find any excuse to have a milkshake ( my most favorite guilty pleaseure that I do not let myself have very often! ) so the blender will work then too :)

Your smoothie sounds so good! I should get a blender. I've been bugging my honey to get a blender but he doesn't think it's necessary. We live in manhattan and there's a smoothie place literally right downstairs (you can add whatever you want and it's all organic and what not) but I would just like to be able to do it myself. I think the prices range from like 4.50-7$ and that's just crazy if I was going to drink one every morning!

Ash, we have a vitamix. They are pretty expensive, but worth the investment. You can make hot or cold things in it. And the smoothies are so smooth. Check it out online. I highly recommend it. I've even made hot soup in one!

I've heard about the vitamix :) I think I actually saw a demonstration of that at costco or sam's club once. I'll definitely look into it, thanks!

africaqueen your hubby is from Nigeria? You are 'our wife' then :flower: :haha:. Wow I'll definitely talk to mr dr about those PIO shots having effect on girls :wacko:.

Mells54 hope you get sticky ones from your ET dear :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"