IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Ahh I got ya that sounds fabby I love getting post and such a great way for the ladies in here to keep there minds busy and a wee thing to look forward to :) I'll pm u now

Hey ash I have heard people do it day of transfer and eat a small peice of the core for 5 days

Start on day of transfer and continue for 5 days counting transfer day as day 1 and remember not to eat too much of it as it can coz contractions , I personally have made my mind up and I won't be doing the pineapple thing

I did the pineapple thing both cycles so won't be doing it again this time xxx

I agree with PCCT and AQ. I don't see enough convincing evidence and honestly, I don't really like pineapple ;)

Ladies, was just thinking back to a few yrs ago when i was on a different forum and we started doing a 'secret sister' chain to keep our spirits up and wondered if anyone wanted to get involved in one? basically what happens, everyone who wants to join pm's me their home address etc and once we have equal number of people in randomly pair people up and then let you know your recipient's details and you send them something through the post to cheer them up. Its lovely to get a surprise and get something nice in the post and you need to include 3 clues with the gift so your recipient can guess who sent it ;-) it is a lovely little game to cheer the spirit and you dont need to send anything expensive, it can be anything that will raise a smile. We used to send a baby item, cards, sweets, keepsakes, anything at all to help cheer us up on this journey. Anyway if anyone wants to do this, please PM me. I am in!!! :) xxx

How sweet AQ! I could use a mood boost now. I'll PM you to set it up! I've been crying most of the day... my beta's aren't rising as much as the RE had hoped. She said not to lose hope but how can I not?

my first beta on 12dp3dt was 147.... today at 18dp3dt (and our anniversary) was 824... she was hoping for over 1000. Have to wait till Thursday to get more bloods and sono to see if it changes enough... any advice?

My thoughts exactly mells!
Aww bd I hope ur numbers continue to go up :hugs: thinking of u

Thanks for the advice girls! After looking up some information on Dr. Google I've decided not to do it either. I do like pineapple however, so I may have a little bit but I'm not going to eat it for IVF purposes or anything.

Thanks for the advice girls! After looking up some information on Dr. Google I've decided not to do it either. I do like pineapple however, so I may have a little bit but I'm not going to eat it for IVF purposes or anything.

I did it.. ate the core and I got bFP.!!

pizza - oh well thank you for letting me know. That makes me feel better about being on them so long! I cant wait to hear how many they get...Good luck in your ER!

Babe - I do hope you get some good numbers on Thursday. I must say I have seen quite a few women on this board who had low betas but have or are having their lil ones. Praying everything is ok!

I ate the pineapple as well and got a bfp. I forgot about it sometimes so I wasn't very strict about it. I also didn't know there was a limit and I'm not sure how much I ate. I really like pineapple so I just had it as a snack at bedtime.

anyone experience pain/pressure during their ivf cycle but more towards the ER and after? I'm having this pressure/pain when I pee and it's very irritating. I'm think it's because my ovaries are huge and are pushing against my bladder but I'm not sure so would see if anyone has had this?

Wanna- Been thinking about you. :hugs: I am so sorry you have to have a DNC. Breaks my heart thinking of you going through it.
I think the FET will be good. So far for me, it is so much easier and less stressful so that is great.

Bump- I'm so sorry. :hugs: I can definitely understand needing some time away. And we are here waiting for you. If you're up to it, we would love to hear how the March appt goes.

Mamali- :wave: Welcome to the group! Lots of luck on your upcoming cycle!

Mells- Glad your ER went well!! So exciting that you are having a 5 day transfer on weds!! Best of luck and KUP!

Babyhope- :dance: Woohoo! How exciting to see your twins and their heartbeats! Hoping and praying I have that moment soon!

Pcct- Sorry you are feeling crummy. Like ttcbaby said- lots of gatorade or something similiar. Glad you found some gatorade and that you like it. I actually love it and drink it regularly. As for bloating- I had it badly from OHSS. It is so uncomfortable. I ate a couple saltine crackers a day. I would say don't go that extreme (I didn't have a choice) but I would decrease my food intake. Just keep your doctor updated. Sounds like you may have a mild version of it and hoping it doesn't get worse for you! Lots of luck tomorrow!!! :dance:

Ash- Sounds like everything is going great!! I hate going to the doc everyday. Had to that when I had OHSS. How far is your clinic? Yay for trigger!!!!! Can't believe its already here!!! :thumbup: And yes I had loads of pressure. Doc said it is from the swollen ovaries.

AQ-
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. Sounds like you have a great dad. Would love to see some baby elephants! Hope it helped you cheer up a bit.

Raf-
I can empathize with you about hot flashes! They are just horrible!

Sunshine- Sounds like all is going well!! When I had my final scan they said I had 32 follies but actually found 41. So those little buggers can hide back there. Maybe you will end closer to 10 then?!

Mbrink-
No help here. I did the long protocol. How are you doing otherwise?

Pizza-
GL at your friday scan!

Kari-
What day are you planning on testing?!! :)

Everyone else- Hope all is well!!

AFM
- I had my lining check and I'm good to go. I can't help but get excited. I'm trying not to be too excited though. Our due date would be Thanksgiving! How great would that be?!

Ladies, was just thinking back to a few yrs ago when i was on a different forum and we started doing a 'secret sister' chain to keep our spirits up and wondered if anyone wanted to get involved in one? basically what happens, everyone who wants to join pm's me their home address etc and once we have equal number of people in randomly pair people up and then let you know your recipient's details and you send them something through the post to cheer them up. Its lovely to get a surprise and get something nice in the post and you need to include 3 clues with the gift so your recipient can guess who sent it ;-) it is a lovely little game to cheer the spirit and you dont need to send anything expensive, it can be anything that will raise a smile. We used to send a baby item, cards, sweets, keepsakes, anything at all to help cheer us up on this journey. Anyway if anyone wants to do this, please PM me. I am in!!! :) xxx

Sounds fun! I am in!!

Ash - I had this after ovulating during my last IUI...my dr did explain that it was my ovaries causing pressure. So it is possible!

Cali - get excited hun! I am excited for you!

anyone experience pain/pressure during their ivf cycle but more towards the ER and after? I'm having this pressure/pain when I pee and it's very irritating. I'm think it's because my ovaries are huge and are pushing against my bladder but I'm not sure so would see if anyone has had this?

Yes, I had this also. My ER was January 16th and I still have it occasionally. During my scan last week they said my ovaries were still really large and that is what was causing it. I've read to not let your bladder get very full and that helps. Hope it gets better!

I agree Line. I just kept peeing all the time. It helped and gave me a slight feeling of relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->