IVF March/April '16

So I am already out. We were happy they got 11 eggs on retrieval, and today the fertilization report revealed only 3 were mature and none of them fertilized. We are meeting with the RE later this afternoon to discuss our options at this point.

Really sorry to hear that Danser. I'm sure they can do something to improve things next time. Hoe you're okay.

Welcome Aster :D

We are upping our stims too in the hope that we will get more eggs. Sorry to hear that your first cycle didn't work out but great news that you're cycling at the same time as some of us so we can go through the 2WW together!

What's your background Aster if you don't mind me asking?

xx

Hi Tina, I had a laparoscopy this time last year and they found both my tubes completely blocked, along with small hydrosalpinx. Only way for me to conceive is IVF. I'm 36 and hubby is 35. His sperm is 'normal' and all my hormone levels have come out 'good'. IVF no. 1 went okay but I had some follies that took ages to catch up so I changed from Gonal F to Menopur mid cycle. It seemed to work and I got 7 eggs. All was good until day 4 where they said embryo development was 'sub optimal' and only one, poor quality embie, made it :( could be down to egg, sperm or just bad luck. Hopefully it was the latter and I will get better quality embryos this time. I've had a lot of acupuncture and no longer have hydrosalpinx or period pains! I do find it relaxing also so am doing it again this cycle. I've really cleaned up my health on this journey, which has been a plus point as this clean living makes me feel good so is a new way of life :) I do get overwhelmed by it all sometimes but I have faith I will be a mother one day and this is all part of my journey. I've learnt a lot about myself since this all started and feel I have had to deal with a lot so there is no doubt I'm stronger for it.

I had a good read of this thread so have an idea of all your stories. Good luck everyone xx

Dander I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok and taking care of yourself. Hugs Hun!

Pink, yay for the triple stripe!

AFM, got some bad news today. My progesterone levels are high (18, when they should <5). Dr gave the option of freezing all, then doing a frozen transfer, which is $2000, or transferring anyways, but my chances are reduced to %25. I'm so confused, and not sure what to do. If there's only one, we'll definitely freeze it, but if there are more than one, should we transfer one anyways? Or wait? I don't know what the right answer is. just when I thought things were going well.....

Dander I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok and taking care of yourself. Hugs Hun!

Pink, yay for the triple stripe!

AFM, got some bad news today. My progesterone levels are high (18, when they should <5). Dr gave the option of freezing all, then doing a frozen transfer, which is $2000, or transferring anyways, but my chances are reduced to %25. I'm so confused, and not sure what to do. If there's only one, we'll definitely freeze it, but if there are more than one, should we transfer one anyways? Or wait? I don't know what the right answer is. just when I thought things were going well.....

I would go for it if you have more than one. 25% is still a 1 in 4 chance so could be your lucky star. Then if it didn't work you'd have another go on the frozen. Like you said, if you only have one embie then give it its best chance and freeze this time. What is your gut telling you?

Aster my gut is telling me the same thing. I just know that my judgment might be clouded because I want this so bad, and am getting tired of waiting. Thanks for your input :)

Oh danser I am so sorry sweetie, sending you the biggest hugs :(

Amanda, what does your doctor think is the right thing to do? I think we can all become a little clouded on this journey because like you rightly said we want it so badly.

Pinkwaters, great news on the triple stripe! Hopefully your embie will make it its new home for the next 9 months!

xx

Thanks Ladies I sure pray for it all day

Amanda I agree, I hope you do get one transferred now though and have some to freeze! Best of luck hun!!

Retrieval in less than 24 hours ! Super scared and anxious.

MY RE has recommended IUI. He think the stimming for IVF to get a large # of eggs for PGS testing was harming the egg quality and since I've been pregnant twice before with femara & TI he thinks this should work. I will try I guess we can see. I hope and pray it works.

Danser I hope so too sweetie!! I hope you're feeling better &#10084;&#65039;

Amanda 8:30-10 am ! Do update! I can't sleep!!

Hi ladies, I did my egg retrieval last month and did a freeze all cycle. This month I'm waiting for ovulation and then will do my transfer. I'm a little worried because I should have ovulated 2 days ago...I'm wondering if any of you have had delayed ovulation after ivf stimulation meds the prior month??
Thanks!

Hi ladies, I did my egg retrieval last month and did a freeze all cycle. This month I'm waiting for ovulation and then will do my transfer. I'm a little worried because I should have ovulated 2 days ago...I'm wondering if any of you have had delayed ovulation after ivf stimulation meds the prior month??
Thanks!

Hi! My cycle always gets delayed after a stimming cycle a few days.

Hi! My cycle always gets delayed after a stimming cycle a few days.

Thanks..I got worried because I usually ovulate around CD14 and today is CD16 and I went to my Dr today and when he did an ultrasound he said my lining was 6.6 but that he couldn't find a dominant follicle. Then I did blood work and my progesterone and estrogen came back really low. Anyway, we'll see, hoping I ovulate by next week.
How are you doing?

13 eggs collected so I'm def pleased compared to my 6 and even less mature ones second time.
Now it's a wait to see how many embies we get

Amanda how are you doing?

I'm on my way to the clinic, retrieval is not for another 2.5 hours! Even though I've been through this already, so nervous! I forgot how stressed I get about ovulating too early! I'm definitely in a lot of discomfort right now.

13 is amazing!! That's what I got last time, and ended up with 2 embies, and that was with the very poor quality sperm they extracted from my husband. I'd say 13 is fantastic!

Will update after my procedure, wish me luck!

Thank you! Best of luck!!! I'm still a little dizzy took general anesthesia this time!
Fingers crossed for you!

Had my ER, they collected 28 eggs! More than double what they got last time. Not sure how many mature though, we will find out Monday or Tuesday. Dr said that if there are 2 or more good looking embryos, that we should put one back, as the chances are still over 30%. So right now, if all goes well, it'll be Tuesday for a day 4 transfer. Haven't heard much about day 4 transfers, but I trust they know what they are doing.
I was also told I'm at risk for OHSS, so gotta take dostinex and take it easy for the next little bit.

Pink you're lucky you had general anaesthesia, it was 1000$ more so I did not, and it was very painful.

Amanda that's amazing I hope you get loads of mature ones!
I had local the previous two times I totally understand hope you're feeling better!! Get loads of rest! I'm still in some pain and discomfort, way too bloated too.

We'll probably hear back Monday as well but no word on what day transfer yet!
I'm on progesterone subositories for 17 days, baby aspirin, anti biotic and one more thing. I always forget about this part!

One more step fingers crossed!!

Yeah I'm happy about the number! Just hope that most of them are mature and develop properly! I'm also at risk for OHSS, so really hoping that I'm able to keep that under control. I also am taking progesterone injections, estrogen, baby aspirin, as well as 2 antibiotics and something for OHSS. I'm pretty sure my grandma doesn't even take this many meds a day! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->