Jan/Feb 2023 Bundles of Joy!!!

Beautiful scans @realbeauty86 and @cazza22 ! Can't believe you guys are halfway through already!

Good they have noticed blood pressure, I had high blood pressure with my last and was put on tablets although for me it didn't work as well and I still ended up with pre-eclampsia. I had other high risk factors though so please don't panic! They have to do my blood pressure manually now instead of using the machine as it gives a far more accurate reading apparently.

Hope everyone is doing ok... I seem to be struggling a little bit of I'm honest, don't want to bring anyone down but I am finding things really, really tough. I feel like I'm gaining so much weight but I can't walk around much or do any sort of exercise without getting breathless and gagging after a short while. My pubic bone hurts, my head hurts, everything hurts, I cant do anything and despite any excitement I may seem to have here I am actually not feeling one bit maternal towards these babies whatsoever :| I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant other than my best friend. And you guys lol
But other than that I'm doing great....lol. back at work full time now (for now at least) which is a good distraction.
Don't worry about bringing everybody down! I've definitely had my hard weeks tbh. Pregnancy is beautiful but it is NOT walk in the park. I find myself feeling guilty if I complain about any pregnancy symptoms because I struggled with getting pregnant and we had to do IVF, but it is definitely tough! I'm frustrated with the amount of weight I'm gaining so quickly but it's so hot here in Arizona right now so I have had no motivation to get out and exercise and I'm not tolerating heat very well right now. I've also had really nasty frequent headaches and my bbs hurt so bad! Working full time has been so hard but honestly has helped make time go by faster. I hope you have a good weekend and get to feeling better!

Hey ladies. I hope you guys feel better or things start to ease soon. I totally understand… I feel like everything be good with everyone and then here I am complaining lol. Especially in the beginning, I stayed in constant pain. Even now I’m still dealing with pain, had a hip surgery two years ago and feeling it now that my body changing, I still have gas and constipation, I get those headaches also and my boobs just stay hurting lol. Oh and ligament pain is a bitch. See we all got our woes. I was thinking to myself like damn I hope baby know I love her cuz I don’t talk to my stomach, I feel stupid doing it. Idk pregnancy is definitely beautiful but omg the hell you experience. If only men could carry for the first half hahahahahaha

I think I'd rather have them carry the second half, way more pain and discomfort there lol

Guess I’ll find out with the next almost 19 weeks to go lol

Lovely scan pic @cazza22 and yay you for not finding out.
My 1 year old is a absolute spitting image of his 9 year old sister. So you never know it could be a boy.
You don’t look that big at all. I think I was bigger at 20 weeks tbh so don’t let anything get you down.

crazy how u all half way or more now.
Can’t believe it’s been 3 months since the miscarriage.
I saw a photo of all my tests again today and still can’t believe how dark they were. I really thought that one was for keeps.
Not gonna lie it still hurts.

Beautiful scans @realbeauty86 and @cazza22 ! Can't believe you guys are halfway through already!

Good they have noticed blood pressure, I had high blood pressure with my last and was put on tablets although for me it didn't work as well and I still ended up with pre-eclampsia. I had other high risk factors though so please don't panic! They have to do my blood pressure manually now instead of using the machine as it gives a far more accurate reading apparently.

Hope everyone is doing ok... I seem to be struggling a little bit of I'm honest, don't want to bring anyone down but I am finding things really, really tough. I feel like I'm gaining so much weight but I can't walk around much or do any sort of exercise without getting breathless and gagging after a short while. My pubic bone hurts, my head hurts, everything hurts, I cant do anything and despite any excitement I may seem to have here I am actually not feeling one bit maternal towards these babies whatsoever :| I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant other than my best friend. And you guys lol
But other than that I'm doing great....lol. back at work full time now (for now at least) which is a good distraction.

Oh darling I really hope you're ok. It's definitely not all a bed of roses & I agree I feel bad complaining about how I feel some days because I know we are blessed with these healthy bubs growing in our tums. But that doesn't take away the pains aches and hormones up the wall. I'm so insecure at the best of times so feel like a hippo isn't helping at all. I hope you have some good support around you for a cuddle when you need one most chicken x lots of love

Lovely scan pic @cazza22 and yay you for not finding out.
My 1 year old is a absolute spitting image of his 9 year old sister. So you never know it could be a boy.
You don’t look that big at all. I think I was bigger at 20 weeks tbh so don’t let anything get you down.

crazy how u all half way or more now.
Can’t believe it’s been 3 months since the miscarriage.
I saw a photo of all my tests again today and still can’t believe how dark they were. I really thought that one was for keeps.
Not gonna lie it still hurts.

I'm enormous hun don't be fooled by a good angle shot :rofl:. I hope youre OK sugg? You're right your tests were so so dark it's scary isn't it :cry:

I'm enormous hun don't be fooled by a good angle shot :rofl:. I hope youre OK sugg? You're right your tests were so so dark it's scary isn't it :cry:

It is love. I’m just so so scared about having more losses. i know my heart won’t take it.

just praying if we have caught it will be my sticky rainbow. 1dpo tomorrow so ages to test yet sigh

Hey all, how are we all doing? I've been terrible at keeping up with this thread. The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur. I have so many appointments to attend as I am high risk in so many different ways. I feel like this pregnancy is becoming a second full time job! I had a bloody scare on Monday night - bright red bleeding with clots in - and I spent all of yesterday in hospital waiting to be seen in antenatal triage. Today I was seen in the preterm prevention clinic and they have put a stitch in my cervix to reduce the risk of a late miscarriage or very premature delivery. Fingers crossed it works! On the plus side, I got to have a bonus peek in at baby while they were measuring my cervix using the internal ultrasound :) Baby looks very happy in there. They're doing somersaults! Looks like they're making the most of having space to jump around in there before things get too cramped. 7 weeks 5 days until baby is viable (my ticker is a week out as they changed my due date at my scan)! Literally counting down the days now until to 24 weeks. Hope you're all doing okay! Will try to pop in more regularly to keep up with you all x

903A9A6C-9277-4A2A-B33D-AF5FD5E90844.jpeg

Hey all, how are we all doing? I've been terrible at keeping up with this thread. The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur. I have so many appointments to attend as I am high risk in so many different ways. I feel like this pregnancy is becoming a second full time job! I had a bloody scare on Monday night - bright red bleeding with clots in - and I spent all of yesterday in hospital waiting to be seen in antenatal triage. Today I was seen in the preterm prevention clinic and they have put a stitch in my cervix to reduce the risk of a late miscarriage or very premature delivery. Fingers crossed it works! On the plus side, I got to have a bonus peek in at baby while they were measuring my cervix using the internal ultrasound :) Baby looks very happy in there. They're doing somersaults! Looks like they're making the most of having space to jump around in there before things get too cramped. 7 weeks 5 days until baby is viable (my ticker is a week out as they changed my due date at my scan)! Literally counting down the days now until to 24 weeks. Hope you're all doing okay! Will try to pop in more regularly to keep up with you all x

View attachment 1111201

congratulations.
Really hope the stitch works. Hope 24 weeks comes around quickly

View attachment 1111201
Glad you’re doing well as well as the baby. Idk if you’re on fb but there’s a section where you watch videos and I found this mini type series called nine months with Courtney Cox. I believe that’s it but I love it. It’s different kinds of couples and whatever their going thru to have a baby. I just saw a lady on season one who had to get a stitch in the cervix and it helped her. She carried too full term. It’s a really good show. I cry a lot watching it lol. You should check it out if you can find the time.

Glad you’re doing well as well as the baby. Idk if you’re on fb but there’s a section where you watch videos and I found this mini type series called nine months with Courtney Cox. I believe that’s it but I love it. It’s different kinds of couples and whatever their going thru to have a baby. I just saw a lady on season one who had to get a stitch in the cervix and it helped her. She carried too full term. It’s a really good show. I cry a lot watching it lol. You should check it out if you can find the time.

Thanks I’ll definitely check it out! I love pregnancy and birth documentaries and was looking for something new to watch as think I’ve seen just about everything there is on YouTube now :lol:

Thanks I’ll definitely check it out! I love pregnancy and birth documentaries and was looking for something new to watch as think I’ve seen just about everything there is on YouTube now :lol:
Lol right. I’ve watched so many videos on YouTube. It’s def hard to find more. Back 9 years ago, I had a the show A baby story that came on TV everyday lol

Lol right. I’ve watched so many videos on YouTube. It’s def hard to find more. Back 9 years ago, I had a the show A baby story that came on TV everyday lol

i remember that show.

Hi ladies, how is everybody doing? I'm feeling pretty good but anxiously waiting on my anatomy scan next week. The wait in between scans is always so nerve-wracking, but especially the wait before this scan. I just want to make sure our sweet girl is looking healthy. I do have a sonoline doppler so I get to hear her heartbeat all the time, which is definitely reassuring, but she definitely has her days where I feel she is more active than others. I also wanted to ask if anybody ever had slightly elevated blood pressure during pregnancy without ending up with preeclampsia? My bp had been slightly elevated but still within "normal" range at my last 2 appointments (133/80ish). They asked that I make a log of my blood pressures to bring in to my next appointment and it usually has been ranging between 125/74-136/80. So definitely a little high compared to normal but they aren't worried yet because it isn't classified as "high" ("high" is classified as 140/90). I think my anxiety over my elevated blood pressure raises my blood pressure even more lol .

Morning everyone, I've been so busy getting back into work I just fall asleep before I do anything in the evenings lol. Forget to come on here half the time!
I don't think I can help much @Megan0625 as k did end up with pre-eclampsia but it may be worth switching to manual bp checks or digital if you already have manual checks. My BP was much better when taken manually and also with the right cuff, the normal sized ones were no good to me because I'm a bigger girl so they always amplified my readings.

As for me, I'm 17+4 now, had midwife last week where heard heartbeats - one was 138-140bpm and the other was in the 150s so by the old wives tale looks like I have a boy and girl in there, time will tell. 20 week scan not until 11 October. Not feeling much movement either. I thought I felt something not gas like just before 16 weeks (which was similar to my last, felt him at 15+5 and got stronger from there) but the feeling hasn't really come back and I don't think I can feel them. Maybe because they're kicking eachother and not me?!
Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Morning everyone, I've been so busy getting back into work I just fall asleep before I do anything in the evenings lol. Forget to come on here half the time!
I don't think I can help much @Megan0625 as k did end up with pre-eclampsia but it may be worth switching to manual bp checks or digital if you already have manual checks. My BP was much better when taken manually and also with the right cuff, the normal sized ones were no good to me because I'm a bigger girl so they always amplified my readings.

As for me, I'm 17+4 now, had midwife last week where heard heartbeats - one was 138-140bpm and the other was in the 150s so by the old wives tale looks like I have a boy and girl in there, time will tell. 20 week scan not until 11 October. Not feeling much movement either. I thought I felt something not gas like just before 16 weeks (which was similar to my last, felt him at 15+5 and got stronger from there) but the feeling hasn't really come back and I don't think I can feel them. Maybe because they're kicking eachother and not me?!
Thanks for the response! I'm hopeful I won't end up with pre-eclampsia, my sister also had elevated bp during pregnancy and didn't get it but it's obviously a concern of mine and it's something we are watching closely for. It doesn't help that I always have a lot of health anxiety, so I'm extra worried about potential complications. I agree about the bp cuffs, mine is an automatic bp monitor and I've noticed my readings are much higher if the cuff is a little too tight. My bp never got over 122/74 yesterday and it is 118/70 this morning so it's maintaining pretty well over the last few days. I still get a ton of headaches though, which drive me absolutely nuts. Other than all that, I'm just anxiously waiting on my anatomy scan on September 28. I'm finally feeling like my baby bump looks like a baby bump which makes me happy too lol I'm 19+4 weeks and do feel movements but sometimes I can't tell if it's real or not. I have a slightly anterior placenta on my right side, so if she's sitting over there for a lot of the day I feel almost nothing.

Hey, I’m the same at the moment - super busy with work and shattered by the time I get home. Often asleep by 9pm these days!

Yay for hearing heartbeats! I am having weekly listen-ins at the moment because I have an autoimmune antibody that creates a risk of baby developing heart block. Fortunately foetal heart block can be treated with medication if it’s picked up as a partial block rather than complete block, so regular checking on their heart rate to check all sounds healthy. It’s always such a relief when I hear their little heart pumping away! All good so far - no signs of block and a healthy heart rate around 150-160 typically :)

I’m not feeling *regular* movements where I’d be able to notice a pattern of when and how much they move, but I’ve definitely felt some random flutters in there now - I’m 18 weeks and 2 days atm.

Thanks for the response! I'm hopeful I won't end up with pre-eclampsia, my sister also had elevated bp during pregnancy and didn't get it but it's obviously a concern of mine and it's something we are watching closely for. It doesn't help that I always have a lot of health anxiety, so I'm extra worried about potential complications. I agree about the bp cuffs, mine is an automatic bp monitor and I've noticed my readings are much higher if the cuff is a little too tight. My bp never got over 122/74 yesterday and it is 118/70 this morning so it's maintaining pretty well over the last few days. I still get a ton of headaches though, which drive me absolutely nuts. Other than all that, I'm just anxiously waiting on my anatomy scan on September 28. I'm finally feeling like my baby bump looks like a baby bump which makes me happy too lol I'm 19+4 weeks and do feel movements but sometimes I can't tell if it's real or not. I have a slightly anterior placenta on my right side, so if she's sitting over there for a lot of the day I feel almost nothing.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling anxious about your BP and the pre eclampsia risk :( The anxiety about what could go wrong is so hard to deal with. As I’m a high risk pregnancy I often find myself having to coach myself into practicing grounding techniques and just trying to enjoy the pregnancy experience that I wanted so much. I figure if I worry about things going wrong AND they do go wrong, then I have suffered twice and that’s worse. Worrying doesn’t solve anything tomorrow, but it takes away today’s peace - I know it’s easier said though. If it helps at all, I think the headache is a pretty common symptom at this stage in pregnancy and not necessarily indicative of anything untoward - I’ve been getting headaches around my temples and behind my eyes pretty much since my BFP, and my blood pressure is consistently on the low side of normal. It’s good you’re doing the regular BP monitoring though and that your readings have been stable the last few days.

I think I might have a baby bump popping now, but not entirely sure if it’s not still pregnancy bloat, which frankly has been immense :oops::lol: It doesn’t seem to go down in the mornings quite so much now like it did before so maybe it is an actual bump now? :-k

E6CE65EB-7214-4ABF-BFB9-464147A22C84.jpeg

DDAE074A-A6CC-41AA-B726-01ED53A63210.jpeg
Good luck to everyone who has their anomaly scans coming up! Mine is on 7th October - feels like forever! But I have another follow up appointment at the preterm prevention clinic on 4th October, so might also get to see them again then (if they do another internal ultrasound scan to look at the length my cervix).

Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Last edited:
Hey ladies… congrats to those getting anxiously ready to see those babies… def one of the best moments. Try not to worry on the small stuff just yet, im trying to watch my salt intake cuz I too don’t want high bp. I’ve been having headaches but I think it’s just the pregger symptom. Just try to relax as much as possible and not let anxieties get the best of you. Lord knows it’s hard as I too suffer with it lol.

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been tired quite a bit and vomiting, which idk why my body wait til 6 months to start that smh. I guess baby don’t agree with certain foods and kicks them out immediately hahahahaha at least that’s what it feels like. I feel huge, I think there’s no denying I have a bump now. I def get worn out faster which I can’t wrap my head around. Anyhoo I found some nice clothes on clearance at the store yesterday. I was excited about that. I have a little small 3 drawer tote and it’s full now. I have her bed and baby bag. Next I’m gonna get car seat and start working on diapers. Hope all is well ladies!

9E233271-0DDB-4579-AA24-B46D86ABC8A2.jpeg EC740AD5-A937-4FFA-9E22-C6DF9FB07754.jpeg

Hey ladies… congrats to those getting anxiously ready to see those babies… def one of the best moments. Try not to worry on the small stuff just yet, im trying to watch my salt intake cuz I too don’t want high bp. I’ve been having headaches but I think it’s just the pregger symptom. Just try to relax as much as possible and not let anxieties get the best of you. Lord knows it’s hard as I too suffer with it lol.

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been tired quite a bit and vomiting, which idk why my body wait til 6 months to start that smh. I guess baby don’t agree with certain foods and kicks them out immediately hahahahaha at least that’s what it feels like. I feel huge, I think there’s no denying I have a bump now. I def get worn out faster which I can’t wrap my head around. Anyhoo I found some nice clothes on clearance at the store yesterday. I was excited about that. I have a little small 3 drawer tote and it’s full now. I have her bed and baby bag. Next I’m gonna get car seat and start working on diapers. Hope all is well ladies!

View attachment 1111529 View attachment 1111530

Oh no, sorry to hear you're feeling unwell! That is such bad luck to get sickness at this point in the pregnancy. It's no fun at all. I had such bad sickness from 4 - 14 weeks pretty much all day every day, which was awful. For me it's mostly cleared up now, though still get the odd wave of nausea in response to certain foods and smells and I find my gag reflex is super oversensitive so can't eat anything that needs too much chewing or find myself gagging on it. Blergh!

That's exciting about the baby clothes and bed. I have my pram already because it was being discontinued by Cosatto and I loved it too much not to get it lol I have had that since shortly after I got my BFP! :lol: I'm using the box the pram came in to store all the little baby bits I've got so far. I've got lots of cloth nappies and a few outfits and blankets :) I'm in Belgium at the moment for work but might take some photos when I get home and do a post of what I've got so far.

The next thing I'm going to get off my list is the Moses basket and stand and bouncy chair; I'll probably get those after my 20 week scan in October. I haven't decided on which car seat to get yet - I'm thinking I'm going to get one of those that lasts from birth to 12 years rather than one with a carry handle - My pram has a carry cot for when baby is very small and I'd rather use that than a carseat that fits in the pram, even if that might mean waking baby up when transferring from car to pram sometimes. I'm also wanting to get one of the car seats that rotates around so I can have it face the door, so I don't have to lean over while strapping baby in or taking them out.

Have you all got an Amazon baby Wishlist? I really like the feature and started compiling my list while I was still TTC lol My friend wants to organise a baby shower for me, but I feel like most people in the UK would feel like that's really just me asking people to buy me things??? 8-[ Are baby showers becoming more common in the UK or are they really only a US thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->