Jan/Feb 2023 Bundles of Joy!!!

Helloooo lovelies xxx
My blood pressure has been up and down and I've been monitored quite alot but it's finally come down and I'm sitting around 128/80 also found out I don't have diabetes this time thankfully and they've said I won't need the clexane injections thank the lord.
All seems to be going well and I'm feeling pretty good considering I was so scared about being 38 and potentially not healthy throughout this pregnancy.
Feel like money is a mega stressful topic at the moment. Our gas, electricity and mortgage have all gone up in price and I'm worried for Christmas and then ofcourse bringing a new baby here in the world in January. So scary and overwhelming. Hope everyone else is OK with the cost of living rises it's just horrific :(.
Anyway sorry to whine on about it. Here's me today 23 weeks already I can't believe it x BeautyPlus_20220918180815323_save.jpg

Oh no, sorry to hear you're feeling unwell! That is such bad luck to get sickness at this point in the pregnancy. It's no fun at all. I had such bad sickness from 4 - 14 weeks pretty much all day every day, which was awful. For me it's mostly cleared up now, though still get the odd wave of nausea in response to certain foods and smells and I find my gag reflex is super oversensitive so can't eat anything that needs too much chewing or find myself gagging on it. Blergh!

That's exciting about the baby clothes and bed. I have my pram already because it was being discontinued by Cosatto and I loved it too much not to get it lol I have had that since shortly after I got my BFP! :lol: I'm using the box the pram came in to store all the little baby bits I've got so far. I've got lots of cloth nappies and a few outfits and blankets :) I'm in Belgium at the moment for work but might take some photos when I get home and do a post of what I've got so far.

The next thing I'm going to get off my list is the Moses basket and stand and bouncy chair; I'll probably get those after my 20 week scan in October. I haven't decided on which car seat to get yet - I'm thinking I'm going to get one of those that lasts from birth to 12 years rather than one with a carry handle - My pram has a carry cot for when baby is very small and I'd rather use that than a carseat that fits in the pram, even if that might mean waking baby up when transferring from car to pram sometimes. I'm also wanting to get one of the car seats that rotates around so I can have it face the door, so I don't have to lean over while strapping baby in or taking them out.

Have you all got an Amazon baby Wishlist? I really like the feature and started compiling my list while I was still TTC lol My friend wants to organise a baby shower for me, but I feel like most people in the UK would feel like that's really just me asking people to buy me things??? 8-[ Are baby showers becoming more common in the UK or are they really only a US thing?
I have no idea if baby showers are common in the UK but they def are common in the US. I want one but I’m not throwing my own. That defeats the purpose. I got a couple more pieces today on clearance. I need to start getting receiving blankets. I made my baby a blanket. Crutches one. My first time but I’m proud of it anyway lol

7A5BBE34-5F41-4BFC-9D25-1D49841F37B6.jpeg

Helloooo lovelies xxx
My blood pressure has been up and down and I've been monitored quite alot but it's finally come down and I'm sitting around 128/80 also found out I don't have diabetes this time thankfully and they've said I won't need the clexane injections thank the lord.
All seems to be going well and I'm feeling pretty good considering I was so scared about being 38 and potentially not healthy throughout this pregnancy.
Feel like money is a mega stressful topic at the moment. Our gas, electricity and mortgage have all gone up in price and I'm worried for Christmas and then ofcourse bringing a new baby here in the world in January. So scary and overwhelming. Hope everyone else is OK with the cost of living rises it's just horrific :(.
Anyway sorry to whine on about it. Here's me today 23 weeks already I can't believe it x View attachment 1111539
I definitely understand where you’re coming from. Everything here has went up as well and I am worried about some of the more pricey items for baby but I’m trying to just rely on God and know that baby will be taken care of. I just got help on my gas and electricity bill thru the state and it helped tremendously. I won’t have to pay that bill until probably March. I hate my water bill. I don’t even use this nasty water and the bill continues to go up.
Yay about the bp monitoring. So glad you’re healthy and all is well. Looking good as usual!

I have no idea if baby showers are common in the UK but they def are common in the US. I want one but I’m not throwing my own. That defeats the purpose. I got a couple more pieces today on clearance. I need to start getting receiving blankets. I made my baby a blanket. Crutches one. My first time but I’m proud of it anyway lol

View attachment 1111541

Absolutely LOVE this blanket it's adorable and so special you made it yourself x
My sister is throwing me a baby shower she won't tell me anything which I'm excited about because all my other 3 showers I've been involved in so will be a nice change to just show up :). Not knowing the gender makes it difficult so I'm glad she has that to contend with lol x

I’ve decided to put together a shower with help from my family. They want me to have one so I’m trying to come together with a menu and decorations I want. I’m gonna have it December 10th. So many holidays and other family members having babies also lol don’t wanna clash

What’s v day?

It's when baby is viable outside of the womb, usually 24 weeks is when drs will consider saving baby if born at this gestation (although babies born at 22 weeks have been known to survive too)

Hope you have fun with your shower! I don't think it's so much of s thing here although I do know women who have had one. Maybe I just don't have enough friends lol.

How everyone is doing ok, we are also worrying about money and bills etc although I'm always trying to think do ways to save but with the amount of new baby things we need (new double pram, two car seats, new crib, twice the nappies and formula etc) it does make me wonder how we will cope sometimes.

In other news, and apologies for some tmi but I've recently noticed that I smell...sweeter...down there. I think it's pee rather than anything else and I know that sometimes it can be an indication of diabetes. But before I go rushing to midwife, I've also been drinking lots and lots of fruit juice (tropical flavour mainly) as I can't poop properly. So could that change the smell? I may have to take it easy on the juice if so lol

It's when baby is viable outside of the womb, usually 24 weeks is when drs will consider saving baby if born at this gestation (although babies born at 22 weeks have been known to survive too)

Hope you have fun with your shower! I don't think it's so much of s thing here although I do know women who have had one. Maybe I just don't have enough friends lol.

How everyone is doing ok, we are also worrying about money and bills etc although I'm always trying to think do ways to save but with the amount of new baby things we need (new double pram, two car seats, new crib, twice the nappies and formula etc) it does make me wonder how we will cope sometimes.

In other news, and apologies for some tmi but I've recently noticed that I smell...sweeter...down there. I think it's pee rather than anything else and I know that sometimes it can be an indication of diabetes. But before I go rushing to midwife, I've also been drinking lots and lots of fruit juice (tropical flavour mainly) as I can't poop properly. So could that change the smell? I may have to take it easy on the juice if so lol
Ooooh well thanks for letting me know and thank you @Suggerhoney

I’ve been eating and drinking a lot of fruity stuff and I don’t smell anything but my stinky prenatal vitamin lol
I probably should calm down also but I just crave fruit this pregnancy. I figure it’s better than fast food and junk. Hope that isn’t a sign of diabetes tho.
I don’t have a lot of friends either but I have family so that’s who will be mostly at the baby shower

24 weeks eeeekkkkk. I feel like it's a big milestone to reach :dance:
don't mind the toilet selfie Hhahaha x we was out car shopping for our 7 seater Ford S max. Poor hubby was devastated to lose his beloved Mercedes E Class :rofl:

Hope everyone is all good in the hood :)
SquarePic_20220924_20024095.jpg

don't mind the toilet selfie Hhahaha x we was out car shopping for our 7 seater Ford S max. Poor hubby was devastated to lose his beloved Mercedes E Class :rofl:

View attachment 1111588
Congrats on the milestone. You’re getting induced at 38 weeks right? I can’t remember what you said but it’s coming quickly lol

@cazza22 I have definitely been stressing about finances too! Cost of living has gone up so much. I'm thankful to have a roof over our heads, but between car payments, student loans, utilities, and the cost of groceries now, there's definitely a lot to think about! I was panicking a couple of weeks ago thinking about childcare expenses but we managed to figure out a solution and I'm feeling a lot better now. My bp has been up and down a lot, which to be honest could be from stress too. It's been sitting at around 128/75 the last couple of days, which is okay, it's better than it was for sure. Doctors are monitoring it, but we will see what they say at my anatomy scan this week!

@realbeauty86 We are having our shower on December 10 too! We didn't want to wait too long with the holidays and everything. Plus, we are first time parents and I can't imagine waiting until January if we don't have everything we need lol. I'm too anxious of a person. We do have her crib, a basinette, a bouncer, a breast pump (I got it for free with my insurance), ergo baby carrier (got from a baby consignment shop), and quite a bit of clothes. We also have her nursery mostly set up <3 But we still don't have her car seat, stroller, bath/grooming essentials, bottles, etc. I'm so excited for my anatomy scan this Wednesday, it's been so long since I have seen her!

@cazza22 I have definitely been stressing about finances too! Cost of living has gone up so much. I'm thankful to have a roof over our heads, but between car payments, student loans, utilities, and the cost of groceries now, there's definitely a lot to think about! I was panicking a couple of weeks ago thinking about childcare expenses but we managed to figure out a solution and I'm feeling a lot better now. My bp has been up and down a lot, which to be honest could be from stress too. It's been sitting at around 128/75 the last couple of days, which is okay, it's better than it was for sure. Doctors are monitoring it, but we will see what they say at my anatomy scan this week!

@realbeauty86 We are having our shower on December 10 too! We didn't want to wait too long with the holidays and everything. Plus, we are first time parents and I can't imagine waiting until January if we don't have everything we need lol. I'm too anxious of a person. We do have her crib, a basinette, a bouncer, a breast pump (I got it for free with my insurance), ergo baby carrier (got from a baby consignment shop), and quite a bit of clothes. We also have her nursery mostly set up <3 But we still don't have her car seat, stroller, bath/grooming essentials, bottles, etc. I'm so excited for my anatomy scan this Wednesday, it's been so long since I have seen her!
Awww… you’ll probably get everything you need at the shower. Especially all the essentials for bath etc. would be nice if someone gets the stroller set for you. Maybe someone will. I just know I have to get the bigger items cuz my fam aren’t lol it’s a few babies coming around the same time so I’ll be thankful for whatever. I’ll probably get a stroller/car seat set before Christmas. I’ve seen them as low as 125, that’s a great price. Anyhoo. I’m so excited for us all

Happy v day @cazza22.
Ure bump is so gorgeous. I so so hope I get to have a bump like that again one day.
since the miscarriage 4 cycles ago all I’ve had is BFNs and I feel so so fed up.
8 months ttc now and time is just running out.
Don’t think I’m gonna get my rainbow but I’ve started maca and coq10 and I pray they don’t mess my ovulation up and I ovulate at my normal time and I pray they help me get my sticky take home bub.[-o&lt;
Cd6 now so it’s the really crappy boring part.
Sorry I don’t post as much In here I just find it can be very painful.
I do check In on you all to make sure your all ok but I rarely post.

View attachment 1111588

The s-max is a stunning car I must say, you look amazing xx

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. Work has been insanely busy lately, it's been hard to find time to get on here so just catching up on your posts now.

Helloooo lovelies xxx
Anyway sorry to whine on about it. Here's me today 23 weeks already I can't believe it x View attachment 1111539

I am in the same boat regarding money worries. It's definitely super stressful feeling like everything is so insecure and unpredictable and that we don't have a Government that is capable of taking control of the situation and putting some reliable safety nets in place. I am lucky in that I have a secure affordable tenancy at least, but my energy bills have been through the roof since they raised the cap in April, and that's without using any gas for central heating yet! The cost of diesel is also pinching my pocket at the moment and I'm definitely having to think a lot more about budgeting. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull everything together this Christmas but I'm sure I will find a way; just might have to be done on a super tight budget!

View attachment 1111541

That blanket is amazing! I wish I was talented enough to make my baby a blanket from scratch, but I tried knitting and crocheting a few times and then gave up because I kept getting it wrong - I think being dyslexic I find it quite hard to learn and I get frustrated at things when I'm not immediately good at them.

View attachment 1111588

Yay congrats on reaching viability! It's definitely a mega milestone to reach. I'll be so happy when I get there. I'm currently 19 weeks and 3 days - only 4 weeks and 4 days to go! Your bump is looking lovely. I feel like I have a big bump now, but I was on the large side before I got pregnant anyway, so think to others I probably just look a bit chubbier than usual!

I took stock of everything I have got sorted for baby today, and I've got more than I realised!

I got the pram really early in the pregnancy as it was on sale on Amazon for more than half price and I could never justify paying full price for a pram like this, but absolutely love it! I believe this exact version is being discontinued by Cosatto, but not sure. I love the fox print - am definitely going for a bit of a foxy theme with baby stuff. The pram also seems super easy and intuitive to assemble, disassemble, fold up etc, and it manoeuvres really well - while empty at least! Hopefully it does as well over time and with a baby in!

4c470cac9771090af79dd39c2ad643c17342428b.jpg

e3a76159533897585eebcbd3c2c1277db051155f.jpg

Clothes - quite a few bits I think might be intended as “boys clothes”. I’m not finding out the gender but just really love these outfits. I am telling myself there’s no rule to say girls have to be put in pink!

7944e67a159e128f5b909add3e2925a5bf85a872.gif

ec845d7e3a21e9e6cd30e2f08dbd3591846f9b53.gif

407cfb2fe64b26ebe9e3fe786456b4ed5eb90ddc.gif

2380a26047b01137725c1798102cfcc774fd6a38.gif

6590688b4ff86331d45967a94a14a1a907e57d72.gif

9986e91e475aacd2a720ebe2fed37a2d28ab0e70.gif

1cad24b326a72644d4b0b51aaa32102cefbb4481.gif

a49b39297c80b17fea2cb3218d70a2077c344369.gif

567194b09285d5e3562f3ec772bd4490937593bc.gif

This is the outfit I imagine I will take baby home from hospital in - "I'm ready for my adventure now" :cloud9:

a399d7c153a4d6acb238d11d68e35ff359dc7d42.gif

I bought a few outfits in Tesco today. I don't know if it's UK-wide but my local store has a 25% discount on clothing with club card prices at the moment so got a good £8 off the baby clothes I bought today. They've got some lovely bits in at the moment too :)

Finally, I have a bit of cloth nappy stash going on as well as a pack of disposables I got for free in an Emma's Diary pack - I'll probably use these while in the hospital. I haven't got the birth to potty nappies as they are too big to use from birth really, so these are almost all first size nappies, but hopefully will last until baby is around 6+ months and then might have to get another bigger stash!

ce06ba267c711a14302a98e29c866f63ce4d32f9.jpg

7667c8a09c5e37dab1d16c32e601e24a46465621.jpg

63062b7bf1ef3ac2c46a0fbea2660b37cacc6e4a.jpg

a49b0af7cbe1edf641029bdf109e20d5ca8150ce.jpg

62c973d588ac1055d6f33863b1ddf34e7a1d5398.gif

I think I'll mostly use the square folding nappies (at the back of the photo) as these are convenient and quick to dry, but I've got a few fitted nappies because this might be less daunting when other people are helping out with baby and are only used to changing disposables, just because they go on and do up just like a disposable.

Obviously, I still have a lot I need to get, but I feel quite excited about the little stash I've got going on already. Next items I am going to buy off my list are bouncy chair and Moses basket, and maybe a wrap sling for hands-free baby carrying. I still need a bunch of stuff but once I've got the next few items I think I'll feel quite prepared for the stage of pregnancy I am at.

Starting to get quite excited now. I'm feeling baby move quite a lot now, and I think that's helping to ease my anxieties and enjoy the pregnancy more - it's feeling more and more real that I am actually going to have a baby!
:wohoo:

Last edited:
@Starbuck88 I'm so glad you are getting excited! Those are some adorable little outfits <3 We just bought a whole bunch of baby girl clothes so we are so excited as well :) I was so happy I went to a baby consignment store and was able to find 2 hands-free baby carriers (one ergo baby carrier and one Moby wrap) that were completely brand new and they were less than 1/2 the price as those in department stores. We still have a ton of stuff we need.

How is everybody else doing? We had our anatomy scan yesterday and we found out that baby CC is in perfect health <3. All her organs look great and she's in the 82nd percentile for height so far! She's got long little legs and that's why I feel her kicking constantly. I attached a picture from the ultrasound and I'm obsessed. Other than all that, doctors aren't concerned about my blood pressure for now, they said it can be pretty normal for bp to be elevated during pregnancy and since mine hasn't gotten to concerning levels, they won't give me any bp reducing meds because it could reduce it too much. He just mentioned the possibility of inducing at 37-39 weeks to prevent pre-eclampsia, but he said we aren't there yet and we are just watching it, so he's not too concerned :)IMG_9930.jpeg

@Starbuck88 I'm so glad you are getting excited! Those are some adorable little outfits <3 We just bought a whole bunch of baby girl clothes so we are so excited as well :) I was so happy I went to a baby consignment store and was able to find 2 hands-free baby carriers (one ergo baby carrier and one Moby wrap) that were completely brand new and they were less than 1/2 the price as those in department stores. We still have a ton of stuff we need.

How is everybody else doing? We had our anatomy scan yesterday and we found out that baby CC is in perfect health <3. All her organs look great and she's in the 82nd percentile for height so far! She's got long little legs and that's why I feel her kicking constantly. I attached a picture from the ultrasound and I'm obsessed. Other than all that, doctors aren't concerned about my blood pressure for now, they said it can be pretty normal for bp to be elevated during pregnancy and since mine hasn't gotten to concerning levels, they won't give me any bp reducing meds because it could reduce it too much. He just mentioned the possibility of inducing at 37-39 weeks to prevent pre-eclampsia, but he said we aren't there yet and we are just watching it, so he's not too concerned :)View attachment 1111664

Ah those are some amazing finds in the consignment store! Nice one :) I’ve found some lovely looking wrap slings on Amazon for £20, which is much cheaper than I was expecting them to be!

I’m glad your anomaly scan went well. I have mine next week on 7th October but might get to see baby sooner as I have another appointment at the preterm prevention clinic on the 4th and last time I was there they did an internal scan of my cervix and also looked at baby at the same time. Can’t wait to see them again!

That’s an amazing scan photo! Must be so incredible to get to see their little face in such detail :cloud9:

I’m going to get a private 4D scan around my birthday in November when I’ll be 27 weeks along :) Feels far away now but I’m sure it’ll come around in no time!

Ah those are some amazing finds in the consignment store! Nice one :) I’ve found some lovely looking wrap slings on Amazon for £20, which is much cheaper than I was expecting them to be!

I’m glad your anomaly scan went well. I have mine next week on 7th October but might get to see baby sooner as I have another appointment at the preterm prevention clinic on the 4th and last time I was there they did an internal scan of my cervix and also looked at baby at the same time. Can’t wait to see them again!

That’s an amazing scan photo! Must be so incredible to get to see their little face in such detail :cloud9:

I’m going to get a private 4D scan around my birthday in November when I’ll be 27 weeks along :) Feels far away now but I’m sure it’ll come around in no time!
Yes, I was so happy to see her beautiful sweet face! :) I will definitely end up booking a private 4D scan as well, probably when I'm 28 weeks along. I won't have an ultrasound at my next appointment in 4 weeks because I'll just be going in for the glucose test so it seems like such a long time to wait to see her. November will definitely come pretty quickly for you, it always seems like October-December just fly by! :)

Ahhhh girls it's so lovely to read all your updates and see your scans and baby bits you've bought it makes my heart genuinely burst. As much as I'm scared shitless for my 4th c section and all that comes with it I cannot wait to find out who we're cooking up in there a little prince or princess :cloud9:.
Still think it's a girl but know I could be totally wrong :rofl:.
I've got another GTT on Oct 11th then I've got another scan and check up 27th October x were booking a 4d scan for th3 kids to see their sibling at around 27 weeks. Love that their little faces are chubby at that stage :cloud9: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->