Jan/Feb 2023 Bundles of Joy!!!

Just checking but all the moms that’s expecting, do I need to update any info on the first page or am I no missing anyone. It’s such a small group but I don’t wanna leave anyone out and make sure our dates are correct.
@cazza22 theyre inducing you 2 weeks ahead, what are they talking about as far as that goes. I think I’m gonna start throwing certain things for me and baby in a suit case. I know I can pack baby stuff for sure.

@realbeauty86
I really hope so love. I want my rainbow so badly, but I turn 43 in just over 2 months and that doesn’t fill me with much hope,
Holding out for a miracle

Just checking but all the moms that’s expecting, do I need to update any info on the first page or am I no missing anyone. It’s such a small group but I don’t wanna leave anyone out and make sure our dates are correct.
@cazza22 theyre inducing you 2 weeks ahead, what are they talking about as far as that goes. I think I’m gonna start throwing certain things for me and baby in a suit case. I know I can pack baby stuff for sure.

No idea the exact date yet darling x they just said 38 weeks I'll be scheduled in x thanks for checking tho huny x
I've not even thought about my hospital bag yet :rofl: I need a kick up the arse x

Hi everyone, hope all are well.

Sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time of it @realbeauty86 I also have boils that are massive, usually inner thigh at the top which makes it so painful to walk but I'm also dealing with one on the underside of the flabby mum tum which goes and then a week later it starts gearing up again. No advice on husband and potential bipolar but I know it can be frustrating with partners sometimes. Mine has ADHD and is probable autistic but he never had that official diagnosed. He thinks so different to me which causes arguments sometimes. I have to really tell myself and bite my lip sometimes when he does something...not wrong but not the way I would do it! He does a lot for me, waits on me hand and foot but then can do next to no housework, even when the baby is in bed. Like, I'll get my own food and drink if you just wash up!

I've been a bit Mia as it's been busy at work, just sleeping by about 9pm lol. I wake in the night to go bathroom and then it takes ages to get back to sleep :(

Had my 20 week scan today and follow up consultant appointment. Found out we have boy/girl twins which is nice...I'm not sure how to feel about another daughter, the one I have can be hard to deal with! Boys are much easier. Both seem ok, all looks well. Baby girl head circumference is less than 5th centile but they don't say anything about that.
Apparently my cervix is only measuring between 1.8cm and 2.2cm when it should be around 3-5cm at this gestation according to Google lol. The doctor said they get concerned for the risk of preterm labour if the cervix is less than 2.5cm at this stage, which mine is. So they will measure it again at my next scan on the 4th; it may be that that is a normal number for me after having 4 kids previously (albeit the last born 2.5 weeks early by section). So we shall see. But they said it's no longer recommended to put a stitch in as there is no evidence to show that this makes any difference, so if it cervix gets smaller again, then....I'm not sure what will happen, other than I'll definitely be at risk for preterm labour. Either way, I won't be going beyond 37 weeks, I'll be scheduled for a section then so that takes us to 5 Feb for delivery.

I've had daily headaches but I've also had an eye test and my prescription has changed a little so that might be an explanation. But they can be so so bad urg. Painkillers do not touch it.

So that's about it in terms of updates from me, all sounds negative, sorry lol. Maybe someone has good/positive news to share next!

Hi everyone, hope all are well.

Sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time of it @realbeauty86 I also have boils that are massive, usually inner thigh at the top which makes it so painful to walk but I'm also dealing with one on the underside of the flabby mum tum which goes and then a week later it starts gearing up again. No advice on husband and potential bipolar but I know it can be frustrating with partners sometimes. Mine has ADHD and is probable autistic but he never had that official diagnosed. He thinks so different to me which causes arguments sometimes. I have to really tell myself and bite my lip sometimes when he does something...not wrong but not the way I would do it! He does a lot for me, waits on me hand and foot but then can do next to no housework, even when the baby is in bed. Like, I'll get my own food and drink if you just wash up!

I've been a bit Mia as it's been busy at work, just sleeping by about 9pm lol. I wake in the night to go bathroom and then it takes ages to get back to sleep :(

Had my 20 week scan today and follow up consultant appointment. Found out we have boy/girl twins which is nice...I'm not sure how to feel about another daughter, the one I have can be hard to deal with! Boys are much easier. Both seem ok, all looks well. Baby girl head circumference is less than 5th centile but they don't say anything about that.
Apparently my cervix is only measuring between 1.8cm and 2.2cm when it should be around 3-5cm at this gestation according to Google lol. The doctor said they get concerned for the risk of preterm labour if the cervix is less than 2.5cm at this stage, which mine is. So they will measure it again at my next scan on the 4th; it may be that that is a normal number for me after having 4 kids previously (albeit the last born 2.5 weeks early by section). So we shall see. But they said it's no longer recommended to put a stitch in as there is no evidence to show that this makes any difference, so if it cervix gets smaller again, then....I'm not sure what will happen, other than I'll definitely be at risk for preterm labour. Either way, I won't be going beyond 37 weeks, I'll be scheduled for a section then so that takes us to 5 Feb for delivery.

I've had daily headaches but I've also had an eye test and my prescription has changed a little so that might be an explanation. But they can be so so bad urg. Painkillers do not touch it.

So that's about it in terms of updates from me, all sounds negative, sorry lol. Maybe someone has good/positive news to share next!

It’s just been rough for a time but all shall get better in due time. I swear it feels like this little girl will want to come early. She’s beating me up in there lol. It’s so uncomfortable.
congrats on a boy and girl, maybe it’ll be different with the girl since they’ll have each other.
Hopefully as time gets along the babies will be just fine. It’s good that they’re healthy so far. I wouldn’t worry about percentiles, my tech said they don’t make sense, esp early on because a scan can measure right on time but say 30 %, it did that with me on a couple of things on the scan. Anyhoo hope you aren’t stressing and take it easy, don’t over work yourself.

@cazza22 are you experiencing Braxton hicks? I didn’t have them first pregnancy so I’m lost. I think it’s hit me a few times.
Anyone can answer… I just didn’t have any symptoms with my first kid. He came close to his due date and I went to the hospital because I had a bad headache and knew my bp was probably high.

@cazza22 are you experiencing Braxton hicks? I didn’t have them first pregnancy so I’m lost. I think it’s hit me a few times.
Anyone can answer… I just didn’t have any symptoms with my first kid. He came close to his due date and I went to the hospital because I had a bad headache and knew my bp was probably high.

Hey beauts no no braxton hicks for me just yet just really bad ligament stretching which I think is because of my c section scarring and fibroids in there. It's my 4th baby so I was expecting braxton hicks I won't lie. I hope you're ok darling x

Hi can I join in?

I'm Helen, I'm 37 and a mama of (currently) 2 boys - Josh age 12 (13 in 3 weeks) and William age 2 (3 on Boxing Day) I'm 21+4 with my 3rd and last baby, a girl!! Can't wait :D Having a 4D scan on the 28th so we're all looking forward to that too

Hi can I join in?

I'm Helen, I'm 37 and a mama of (currently) 2 boys - Josh age 12 (13 in 3 weeks) and William age 2 (3 on Boxing Day) I'm 21+4 with my 3rd and last baby, a girl!! Can't wait :D Having a 4D scan on the 28th so we're all looking forward to that too
Hiiii Helen, of course you’re free to join. When’s your Edd so I can add you to the front page? How’s your pregnancy been thus far?

Hi can I join in?

Welcome huny x how wonderful to have you're little girl join the family being your last baby :cloud9: x
We decided to have a surprise this time around we have 2 boys and a girl already so we're happy either way :happydance:x
How has your pregnancy been? Xxxx

IMG_20221008_220110_304.jpg

26 week Bump update x I feel like I'm not as big as I was with my previous babies? I was expecting to be hugeeeeeee with this being baby number 4 x feeling good. Update from my recent appointment, my blood pressure is normal, I defo dont have diabetes I've been re checked again & I defo don't need clexane injections because they're happy with my markers:happydance:I really hope things continue this way x next app at 28 weeks for My blood counts iron and b12 have been low so they'll treat me if still low with IV infusions x

Last edited:
Oh and also we have a 4D scan booked today at 3pm to take our 3 kids to see their baby sibling x very excited about that xxxxx

Oh and also we have a 4D scan booked today at 3pm to take our 3 kids to see their baby sibling x very excited about that xxxxx
Aww… great news and looking good as usual. I wish I had the money for a 4D scan but things are tight right now but with hubby schedule idk how he would see it. He started a new job and soon he’ll be training to be a trucker. Which is good because way more money and I won’t have to work if I choose not to later. ESP with a new baby. His schedule sucks right now tho. He’s gonna have to miss my growth scan at the next appointment. That’s when I do my diabetes check, I’ll be in the 3rd trimester. Wow lol. as far as my labs went, turns out they want me to do 5 sessions of iron infusions and I have to add to my vitamins I’m taking, which I deep down already knew, esp with me not eating as much. Anyhoo. Glad to hear your good news @cazza22 can’t wait to see your 4D pics. Hope you don’t spot the gender lol

Aww… great news and looking good as usual. I wish I had the money for a 4D scan but things are tight right now but with hubby schedule idk how he would see it. He started a new job and soon he’ll be training to be a trucker. Which is good because way more money and I won’t have to work if I choose not to later. ESP with a new baby. His schedule sucks right now tho. He’s gonna have to miss my growth scan at the next appointment. That’s when I do my diabetes check, I’ll be in the 3rd trimester. Wow lol. as far as my labs went, turns out they want me to do 5 sessions of iron infusions and I have to add to my vitamins I’m taking, which I deep down already knew, esp with me not eating as much. Anyhoo. Glad to hear your good news @cazza22 can’t wait to see your 4D pics. Hope you don’t spot the gender lol

Oh hun that new job of his sounds like it'll be a godsend I'd it means you won't have the worry of going back to work anytime soon. I've decided to stay at home again until baby is older, hubby is on a good salary to support us thankfully.ill get myself a part time job in a year or 2 to have some independence again. Childcare is just so expensive where I live and we have nobody to help us with the kids while I go to work. I envy those that have grandparents and parents to help them.
5 sessions of iron infusions is alot isn't it sounds like your counts must be very low hun I hope you're coping ok, I feel dizzy a lot of the time with mine x I'll post pics from our 4d scan on next post x

As I suspected baby was being awkward AF :dohh: we managed a few pics before she/he completely rolled over and gave us nothing but bum and back shot :rofl: The kids are so buzzin now theyve seen their new sibling in real life not just my bump evergrowing. It feels so real now WE'RE GOING TO HAVE 4 KIDS ❤️. We Still wasn't tempted to find out the gender but so happy to know how healthy they are in there. Just chilling on its arm and yawning away it was .
*Heart rate is 160
*Head tummy and legs measuring about a week ahead but nothing major
*Baby is lay Transverse not head down which explains all the weird rolling in my ribs I've Been feeling
*And weight is 2lb 7oz
Little one you are so perfect just like your big brothers and sister x can't wait for a real life snuggle x
BeautyPlus_20221015163405357_save.jpg BeautyPlus_20221015164024405_save.jpg

Last edited:
As I suspected baby was being awkward AF :dohh: we managed a few pics before she/he completely rolled over and gave us nothing but bum and back shot :rofl: The kids are so buzzin now theyve seen their new sibling in real life not just my bump evergrowing. It feels so real now WE'RE GOING TO HAVE 4 KIDS ❤️. We Still wasn't tempted to find out the gender but so happy to know how healthy they are in there. Just chilling on its arm and yawning away it was .
*Heart rate is 160
*Baby is lay Transverse not head down which explains all the weird rolling in my ribs I've Been feeling
*And weight is 2lb 7oz
Little hammo you are so perfect just like your big brothers and sister x can't wait for a real life snuggle x
View attachment 1111997 View attachment 1111998
Omgggggggg…. I don’t even know what to say. Soooo friggin cute. I can imagine the kids being over the moon. I’m excited looking at the scan hahahahahahaha

Hi ladies just popping in too see how you all are.

@cazza22
What a absolutely adorable baby. Such precious photos.
And you look amazing and not big at all.
Just perfect.

@realbeauty86
Hope things are better for you now love.

@aymz1983
Congratulations on the boy and girl twins that’s awesome to get one of each.
But I definitely with you on the boys being way easier than girls.
My 9 year old dd, I love her to bits but she is such a diva lol.
She’s the hardest out of them all lol.

Can’t believe we only have November and December to go and you guys will be having your babies.
Be here b4 you know it.

you all must be getting so excited now.

Hey! My due date was updated at my 12 week scan to 20th Feb 2022. I know this can't be right because of the fertility treatment I received; they were precise in timing the IUI for the time of my ovulation, but nonetheless the NHS maternity services say they have to go by the dating scan and not my dates so whatever I think, my official "due date" is down as 20th February :shrug:

Congrats on the boy/girl twins! I think it would be wonderful to have one of each, but understand your anxieties if you have found your girl more difficult. Take some reassurance that aaaalll babies are different. I have three girls (all teenagers now) and they have been a real dream, never given me any issues at all. But that said they are all totally different from one another, especially my twins; ironically, they're genetically identical but couldn't be more different in personality traits and behaviour! I wonder if they have subconsciously rebelled against being identical throughout their lives and that is how they have ended up being so completely different - that, or when the embryo split, their characteristics were divvied up between them, so one is full on, boisterous, outgoing, loud etc and the other is completely mellow, introverted, quiet and so on lol

That is surprising about the stitch - I would ask for a second opinion on this. I had a stitch put in at 17 week following a bleed, due to my cervix length measured on an internal ultrasound scan. I'm being followed up every 3 weeks at the preterm prevention clinic. I was advised to get the stitch because of my cervix length but also because I have a history of preterm birth: These are the recommendations in my local NHS trust, but they're also the NICE guidance: Recommendations | Preterm labour and birth | Guidance | NICE Have they recommended prophylactic progesterone, if not the cervical stitch? Do you have any history of preterm birth, or premature rupture of membranes? Perhaps they only advise it if you have both (as per NICE guidance), but even so, it seems very misleading to say there is no evidence that it improves outcomes.

Sorry to hear about your headaches. I hope they've improved now? I get terrible sore eye strain headaches when my prescription is out. Hope new glasses will help!

I've been getting quite a few Braxton hicks contractions. They're a bit disconcerting with my history of premature rupture of membranes and preterm birth of my twins, and my cervix being short. Hope the stitch is holding things tight! I've got another appointment at the preterm prevention clinic in early November so hopefully they will be able to reassure me that the Braxton hicks are not doing anything to my cervix. I know they're not real contractions as they only feel mildly crampy - mostly they just tighten up my whole stomach from the belly button down, and they're not at all regular, but they have been quite intense! I didn't get any BH with my other two pregnancies, so it's been an unusual experience this time around. I think the key thing with BH is, if they're not very painful, and they're not following a regular pattern whereby they come say every 10 mins or so, then they're not anything to worry about, even though they do feel strange! They certainly put me on edge every time they hit me!

Hi can I join in?

Hey! Welcome to the group! Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm 33 (34 next month). My twins are a similar age to your eldest. I don't have any younger ones though (at least, not until February!) - There's going to be a 13 year gap between my twins and the baby, and then a 15 year gap between baby and my eldest! I'm feeling a bit rusty! I hope you have a wonderful time at the 4D scan. It's so exciting to hopefully get to see their little chubby cheeks - I've got a 4D scan booked for 19th November when I'll be 27 weeks along and can't wait! :)

View attachment 1111994

26 week Bump update x I feel like I'm not as big as I was with my previous babies? I was expecting to be hugeeeeeee with this being baby number 4 x feeling good. Update from my recent appointment, my blood pressure is normal, I defo dont have diabetes I've been re checked again & I defo don't need clexane injections because they're happy with my markers:happydance:I really hope things continue this way x next app at 28 weeks for My blood counts iron and b12 have been low so they'll treat me if still low with IV infusions x

Love the bump! For me I still feel like mine is not really a real enough bump to look like it to others yet, although, I did get asked when checking into my flight yesterday if I am pregnant and how far along I am, so that's reassured me I do actually look pregnant and not just fat lol

Sorry to hear your b12 and iron are low. I had to have IV iron with my twin pregnancy - back then you had to go in every other day, but I think they've made the infusions more efficient now, thankfully! I'm also low and have been asked to come in for some b12 injections. I'm quite relieved though as I've been feeling so unbelievably fatigued - it's nice to know there's a reason for it and I'm not going mad! Hopefully the injections and infusions will help give us both an energy booster!

*Heart rate is 160
*And weight is 2lb 7oz
Little one you are so perfect just like your big brothers and sister x can't wait for a real life snuggle x
View attachment 1111997 View attachment 1111998

Ahhh how exciting! Glad you were able to get a couple of good photos. I have some anxiety that when I go to my 4D scan they won't be able to get a good view - I have monitoring scans quite regularly because of our risk factors, but the last 3 scans I've had I haven't been able to get a photo because baby has been moving too much or laying in an awkward position! :dohh: Hopefully they perform for the 4D one next month! The company I have gone with do offer 1 free rescan if they can't get a good image the first time around at least.

@cazza22 those photos are so precious!! <3 Your little one is and will be so loved. I booked my 4D ultrasound for 11/20, when I will be 28 weeks pregnant! I'm hoping she cooperates for some cute chubby-cheek photos. Seems like a long wait but this pregnancy is going by so fast!

On another note, this baby is constantly moving! She's recently started using my bladder as a trampoline lol and she kicks up a storm the second I start relaxing. My partner is finally able to start feeling her kicks. One of my dogs actually had her head resting on my belly a few days ago, when CC kicked and my dog felt it <3. She tilted her head from side to side and it was so cute, I wish I caught it on video.

Also, do any of you ladies have experience with bad sciatica pain during pregnancy? My sciatica has been so bad for about a week and it's so difficult to even walk, I'm so uncomfortable. I know it will probably only get worse but I've tried heating pads and ice packs, stretches, and I've had no luck relieving the pain.

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing so far?

I don’t have problems with sciatica but I’m sure I have every other pain lol @Megan0625

Welp, I’m glad I’m finally third trimester, congrats to you as well @cazza22
So I’m just curious, when I complain do I seem ungrateful to be pregnant? I was reading the ttc section and they want it so bad, so did we… I have it and all I can think about is how soon I can eject her. I love her, God knows I’m thankful but babyyyyy my body is going thru it. These hormones really do a number on a woman. It’s already hard tackling anxiety and depression minus the meds, I’m not working so I’m just stuck at home alone til my kid and husband gets home and I want to pull my hair out I’m so bored. I’ve done little projects, starting little diy stuff for my baby shower, tv and food. That’s my life smh. I don’t like it. My body sore, my back my stomach cuz she wanna sit low, or she sits high and when I take 2 bites of food, I literally ball over in pain. It’s like damn. Can I catch a break. The boils on my vagina won’t go away, 1 leaves and 3 more come and they are all painful. It’s so hard to put a hot pack on a sensitive area. I’m miserable. I’ve noticed my legs and felt are starting to swell. Hubby says I woddle but some ppl say I’m still small HA! I wish. I’m not use to carrying the extra weight now, since my Weightloss years ago. I’ve always maintained or loss. I can’t fit most of my clothes either so I just lounge around in gowns and pretty much wear the same couple of outfits any time I go out, seeing as it isn’t much anyway.

My dr appt was yesterday but I missed it and I’m so mad. It’s hubby fault and I went off on him. So now I’m waiting for the nurse to contact me and reschedule my glucose test, growth scan and talk with her. Tomorrow I go for my 4th iron infusion. One more after than and I’m done til they check my levels.
I did learn that I will have the hospital use my left hand for IV when I have baby because since I broke my wrist and had surgeries on it, my nerves are fucked and while receiving iron, it burned so bad going in and I tried 3 different places in the wrist and the hand so no more using that hand. I figure I can still hold baby and feed her comfortably with my left hand in IV.

anyhoo… sorry for the book. hope all is well :hi:

Oh and I did the math. I’m gonna see if I can be induced the last week of December. That’s 37 weeks. Lol lawd help me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->