Jan/Feb 2023 Bundles of Joy!!!

Just a quick update as still as hospital waiting to see consultant.

Had scan.

All well, heartbeats seen.

Yes, beartbeatS.

It's twins. TWINS! #PANIC

So... Here are my shock surprise today! I cannot believe it's twins, I don't think it's actually sunk in yet.

I am supposed to be 12+5 today, but the twins were measuring about 10 weeks which is a little concerning. I know twins can be smaller but have been told this is normally towards the end of the pregnancy when growth slows and that at this stage they should be on par with singleton pregnancies. My lmp was 13 May, we dtd 21 May and again 3 June and that was it until I got a positive on 17 June? I'm back for another scan next Thursday as they obviously couldn't do any of the screening either due to babies sizes.

Had a brief chat about idea for delivery and it sounds like they would prefer for me to have a planned csection at 37 weeks, so that should be good knowing in advance although obviously still a high chance could go into preterm labour.

I'm going to have twins and a 15 month old, how on earth will we cope?!

IMG_20220809_183504.jpg IMG_20220809_183501.jpg IMG_20220809_183508.jpg

So... Here are my shock surprise today! I cannot believe it's twins, I don't think it's actually sunk in yet.

I am supposed to be 12+5 today, but the twins were measuring about 10 weeks which is a little concerning. I know twins can be smaller but have been told this is normally towards the end of the pregnancy when growth slows and that at this stage they should be on par with singleton pregnancies. My lmp was 13 May, we dtd 21 May and again 3 June and that was it until I got a positive on 17 June? I'm back for another scan next Thursday as they obviously couldn't do any of the screening either due to babies sizes.

Had a brief chat about idea for delivery and it sounds like they would prefer for me to have a planned csection at 37 weeks, so that should be good knowing in advance although obviously still a high chance could go into preterm labour.

View attachment 1110599 View attachment 1110600 View attachment 1110601

Hmm maybe you ovulated late and conceived on the June 3 bd but maybe didn’t ovulate for a few days after the bd? Did you track temp or opk’s or anything? Say if you o’d June 7 you’d be 11 weeks by dates.. hopefully the measurement was just off, I don’t trust those ultrasound measurements much myself. Beautiful pictures!!

Oh my @aymz1983 !!! That’s amazing, and terrifying! I’ll be praying for you mama. Hows your bitty doing? Sleeping through at least I hope?

Hmm maybe you ovulated late and conceived on the June 3 bd but maybe didn’t ovulate for a few days after the bd? Did you track temp or opk’s or anything? Say if you o’d June 7 you’d be 11 weeks by dates.. hopefully the measurement was just off, I don’t trust those ultrasound measurements much myself. Beautiful pictures!!
No, don't do any tracking etc as wasn't actively trying :D I had some ewcm in the days leading up to the 3rd and hardly that day so I figured I'd already ovulated and that I'd be ok! Note to self, don't assume ha. Shall see what they measure next week, if they grow accordingly then it will just be a case of my dates are off somehow :)

Oh my @aymz1983 !!! That’s amazing, and terrifying! I’ll be praying for you mama. Hows your bitty doing? Sleeping through at least I hope?
Yes he is sleeping through thankfully, and thank you :D terrifying is the word I'm going with atm lol. I don't think we are going to do any crazy announcement but I might get a 'Big Brother' shirt for Ted and post that :D

Omg hun!! Huge congratulations to you xx

Oh wow 2 babies a massive congratulations in re to coping we just do we just don't have a choice:rofl: xx

Yes... May be a do or die attitude we need to adopt lol

Is little one 15 months now? Was just thinking when babies arrive he be what nearly 2 if that's the case you'll be fine I no its alot to process but you got this xx

Is little one 15 months now? Was just thinking when babies arrive he be what nearly 2 if that's the case you'll be fine I no its alot to process but you got this xx

@aymz1983 just realised little man be 16 month when babies are here I no its not the same as he was a singleton but I had ethan a day before Aaron's 1st birthday xx

@aymz1983 just realised little man be 16 month when babies are here I no its not the same as he was a singleton but I had ethan a day before Aaron's 1st birthday xx
Yes he will be 15 months when babies are here. It'll be fine, as you say we have to cope! I'm lucky I have a partner who loves being a dad, if it was my ex husband I'd be left to do everything myself!
Did you find it nice the boys were close in age? I think that's what I'm looking forward to, being close in age as there's such a gap between all of the kids now (19, 16, 10, 8months)

Yes he will be 15 months when babies are here. It'll be fine, as you say we have to cope! I'm lucky I have a partner who loves being a dad, if it was my ex husband I'd be left to do everything myself!
Did you find it nice the boys were close in age? I think that's what I'm looking forward to, being close in age as there's such a gap between all of the kids now (19, 16, 10, 8months)

The 2 that are close in age are amazing yes they fight but protect each other aswell, but they can't be without each other :) when I had my nearly 11 year old my 18 year old (then 7) was not impressed to say the least lol xx

Awwww thank you @realbeauty86. Ure absolutely stunning btw.
Thanks @lomelindi17 too.

@aymz1983
Oh my goodness twins. That’s gonna be crazy with having a baby already and now twins eeeek.
How are you feeling about it yourself?
Wanted to say also I had a bleed at 6 and 14+5 weeks with my son and on off pink spotting from 14dpo until 8 weeks. Well he’s nearly 1 now. I had a small erosion on the cervix that was causing it. U probably ovulated late hence why ure not as far. I should be 14 weeks now if I didn’t miscarry.

I’m so so scared about falling pregnant with twins. I was told I would be more at risk as I’m 42 and the over 40s have a higher risk. Also have 2 sets of twins in my family and 2 sets on my husband side.
Hoping to just fall with one lol.

4dpo today so waiting to test. 6 months TTC now with a chemical and a miscarriage. Praying the next one is for keeps

I’m starting to think it doesn’t matter if twins run in the family or not. My brother was a twin and like my grand dads sister and someone else but no one has had twins yet. I was hoping it would be me but maybe it’s not meant for all. Idk if I could handle twins and trying to work and give my son attention as well so maybe I’m ok with one. I do kinda hope I have one more before 40 and that’s it

On another note. Does anyone deal with depression. I have ptsd, depression, anxiety and it has its moments where it shows it’s ugly head. I’m usually on meds but of course quit them. Idk what to do to relax. A piece of me wants to smoke or drink but I wouldn’t risk my baby for that but it’s hard. I’m just having a wee bit of a hard time and no one to really talk to about what I feel. it’s a lonely world lol

I’m starting to think it doesn’t matter if twins run in the family or not. My brother was a twin and like my grand dads sister and someone else but no one has had twins yet. I was hoping it would be me but maybe it’s not meant for all. Idk if I could handle twins and trying to work and give my son attention as well so maybe I’m ok with one. I do kinda hope I have one more before 40 and that’s it

On another note. Does anyone deal with depression. I have ptsd, depression, anxiety and it has its moments where it shows it’s ugly head. I’m usually on meds but of course quit them. Idk what to do to relax. A piece of me wants to smoke or drink but I wouldn’t risk my baby for that but it’s hard. I’m just having a wee bit of a hard time and no one to really talk to about what I feel. it’s a lonely world lol

I suffer badly with depression and anxiety it is a lonely world when you feel the way you do, I have a full house and sometimes I'm so so lonely :cry: I was so bad after the mmc, is there no meds they can give you love I was on sertraline even when pregnant as they were safe to take but I no its different meds for different country's:shrug: massive:hugs: and message me anytime you want to rant or talk I'm a good listener well reader lol xx

I suffer badly with depression and anxiety it is a lonely world when you feel the way you do, I have a full house and sometimes I'm so so lonely :cry: I was so bad after the mmc, is there no meds they can give you love I was on sertraline even when pregnant as they were safe to take but I no its different meds for different country's:shrug: massive:hugs: and message me anytime you want to rant or talk I'm a good listener well reader lol xx
Thanks. I was actually on setraline once. I think I still have a whole bottle. They didn’t help me before baby. Maybe this time will be different. I’ll write my doctor and see if the dosage I have is safe to take. I’ll add you and def take advantage of that. Thanks

@Suggerhoney they didn't seem overly concerned with the bleed or even suggest what it could be so think it's down to just 'one of those things' but obviously if it happens again to go in. Hopefully next week scan will show babies better so they can have a proper look at them and where they are, I didn't seem to get told much given they were so small! I guess I could have ovulated later but I had a bfp two weeks to the day of the one and only time we dtd after I thought I'd already ovulated, so maybe they just took their time travelling down and burying in :)
Fingers crossed for you for this cycle, I know how much you want it to happen and to stick, all the hope for you

@realbeauty86 I also have been on sertraline but I didnt find it did anything for me except give me agonising heartburn. May be worth talking to doctor or any local groups that help with depression in mums to be? We are all here to chat if you need to :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->