January 2020 Garnets

Every chinese calender predicted a girl for me, so no match this time..

Congratulations on the great results Pukite and J.D. and on your BOYS!! :blue: Boys are tons of fun!

Red that's so funny that your sister is named Liana! That's partly why I love the name, you just don't come across it much. I've only ever known one Liana too.

Had my blood drawn for NIPT on Tuesday and will probably get the results next week. Nervous as all hell. I lost my last 2 pregnancies due to different chromosome abnormalities, so I'm petrified that something will be wrong. I also feel like I'll be one of those 3% with not enough fetal DNA for results. Trying not to obsess about all this but not really succeeding.

JD - congrats on the boy! And happy for you that all is well.

Ashley - yay for finding the hb! I wish I had my sister’s Doppler to try.

Fit mama - sorry you’re feeling nervous. Hopefully all is well!

Aww another boy! Congratulations! The Chinese prediction says girl for me. I keep changing my mind about having the nipt testing so might not find out for a long while!
Fitmama hope your resultant come back quickly and are all good. I’m finding this time is dragging so slowly - I just want to get far enough along to relax already! X

Omg so wish I would have had the blood test for gender but just cannot justify £400 for it! #-o

I can't find out the gender until 6th August which seems like forever and a day away as I'm just sooo impatient.

Congratulations on your baby boys! How exciting :blue::blue:

I actually don’t feel too anxious to find out the gender yet, but that’ll probably be soon. It all usually starts to feel more real once we start telling people.

@Pukite

Georgia was autistic, and this is my sole concern with expecting a boy. While G was ready for mainstream school, she was definitely verbally behind her peers. She also struggled with sleep, receptive language, and toilet training. She was young, but I could see a social awkwardness that would have become an issue later on.

That said, she was the absolute light of my life. I couldn't have loved her more if she'd been chatty and slept loads. So I expect joy this time too, regardless of the challenges.

I dont know how much the nipt test is.

I havent looked into Chinese gender or wives tales.

Omg so wish I would have had the blood test for gender but just cannot justify £400 for it! #-o

I can't find out the gender until 6th August which seems like forever and a day away as I'm just sooo impatient.

Congratulations on your baby boys! How exciting :blue::blue:
If it was just for the gender I would never pay as much, but for me it was crucial to know about any chromasomal abnormities because my eldest one has a chromasome problem that caused his autism.

@Pukite

Georgia was autistic, and this is my sole concern with expecting a boy. While G was ready for mainstream school, she was definitely verbally behind her peers. She also struggled with sleep, receptive language, and toilet training. She was young, but I could see a social awkwardness that would have become an issue later on.

That said, she was the absolute light of my life. I couldn't have loved her more if she'd been chatty and slept loads. So I expect joy this time too, regardless of the challenges.
I hope your baby will be healthy, well- developed and amazing!!

For anyone who is further along than me and started to feel better around 10 weeks - did your symptoms come back with a vengeance after? Or have you noticed that things are gradually getting better?

I have NOT had an energy burst by any means, but I am feeling a bit more clear-headed and capable of functioning this week. Still tired, but it’s not as debilitating. Just wondering if it’s going to stick around or not...

Puke, how did you find the asd was linked to that? My dd2 has asd but I dont think its chromosome related?

Love, generally it gets better and stays away. It can come back in some people.

Congratulations Pukite and J.D on your positive results and baby boys! Isn't it incredible they can find out so soon in a pregnancy

Love my symptoms have definitely eased up this week 10 weeks. They seem to feel worse when I'm tired though so for example today I have felt really nauseous and have even been sick again tonight which was a bit of a surprise.

With my 1st pregnancy my nausea completely went away at 10 weeks and didn’t return. I haven’t been so lucky with consecutive pregnancies but am just feeling grateful that this pregnancy’s nausea isn’t nearly as bad as my last pregnancy. This is seriously why it took me so long to even start trying for baby #4. I was so scared of being that sick again. Still feeling nauseous and I can’t tell if it’s any better yet. I don’t dare say it is because I have random days which aren’t quite as bad.
I won’t find out the gender until 21 weeks. That’s when my OB does the big ultrasound As of now I am fine to wait until then. Not feeling this strong desire to know the gender yet but who know if that will change in the next few weeks. The earliest I would try would be 16 weeks. But don’t think I will do that

Anyone feel stabbing pains in their uterus sometimes? I have a few times the last few days. I will just be sitting there and suddenly feels like a tiny knife is stabbing into my uterus. It hurts but isn’t super painful and only lasts a second or two

Thanks, everyone!

Going for it - I’m glad your symptoms are easing up this week!

Ashley - I’m not sure if I’ve had that or not.

Scratch feeling better. I hit a huge wall of fatigue and nausea when I got home from work. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I am glad your nausea is milder this time compared to your other pregnancies. So is mine, and I am very thankful. I am feeling extra wimpy this time (probably because chasing after 2 kids while pregnant is so much harder), so I don’t think I could have handled more severe nausea.

Seems a lot of us have children with autism. My son has autism which they think (but not positive) was a result of bacterial meningitis when he was 10 weeks old. I think it's more a genetic thing as my brother and sister also have asd.

Luckily he only has it mild. He actually has aspergers syndrome which makes him extremely clever intellectually. It's things like fine motor skills which has taken his time to learn. He is 7.5 and only just learnt to do buttons and put his own socks on bless him.

He does have a huge food phobia and will only eat chicken nuggets and chips every single day!

Even with Aston having it mild, it is still extremely difficult at times and I do hope that this baby doesn't have asd, however if it does, it does and I know we will all cope with what ever life throws at us. X

Ashley I’ve had that and in my last pregnancy too - midwife said it was ligament pain, where everything is stretching and growing.

I’m not feeling a strong desire to know the gender yet either. I will find out though I think. We moved house recently and are just starting the renovation work (and there is a lot to do so I’m starting to panic about having it done by Jan!) so I want to decorate the nursery all lovely. I think I know how I want which is gender neutral friendly anyway, but I am one for changing my mind! I think I’m nervous about finding out the gender too as I bet it makes it so much more real, and I’m still worried about getting too excited and attached yet.

Sorry to those feeling really poorly again. Hopefully it’ll get easier for everyone still suffering soon!

My dd2 is mild too. She has a love/hate relationship with food.

I see the homebirth OB Monday. I am a tad nervous because of the cancer aspect. They will either freak out or they wont care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->