January 2020 Garnets

Officially heard the baby on the doppler!!!

I thought I heard it before but I was hearing myself. Tried yesterday and thought " hmm that's different" but moved the wand and lost it.
Tonight I 1000% heard it!! It sounds like the drum from jumanji.
I dont have a belly button so I went from my scar line. It's at the bottom, to the right. Sitting at the top of my pubic hair line. Eeeeekkkkk!!!!

Thank you for all of your replies. I have had a lot of discharge but it was just a small bit of brown and has seemed normal since so I'm assuming all is okay. Rather hoping. I am not on any medication now as it was a natural IVF cycle so just relied on my body doing what it needed to. My sickness has been much better the past few days so who knows what is going on. Less than 2 weeks to find out.

Welcome Beadle :) What a lovely Easter for you. New life

Great scan Ana. ..must be a relief having reached that milestone.

OnErth that must be so reassuring for you. I love hearing the heartbeat bur would be a wreck with a doppler. Can't wait to hear it with this pregnancy.

@Beadle you've been added to the OP!

@ashley2pink I'm lactose intolerant, so these are things know. Ben & Jerrys does a really good dairy free ice cream. It's actually excellent. I think it's soy based, and it's the best I've ever had. It is also not cheap.
Magnum have also brought out vegan Magnums, which haven't tried but I'm assuming they are not awful.
I am able to eat cheese I'm afraid, so no help there.
Probably also worth mentioning that your sensitivity to things can change during pregnancy. Almost all my allergies became less sensitive last time, and my lactose intolerance became so much worse I ended up on a drip for a day ;) So just pay attention to your body, no matter what you're eating.

Tinged cm/ brownish when I got up this am. I was cramping yesterday but it wasn't alarming. Just normal kind I've had all along. This is more cm/ spotting than ive had before though. Enough i want to wear a pad to monitor but not a need for a pad i don't think...

Dr is next week so it needs to go away!!!

I had a milk allergy as a baby but grew out of it. Then it came back during my 2nd pregnancy towards the end. I was breaking out in hives and couldn’t figure out why. Didn’t think it could be dairy since I was fine before. Was a bummer! But I was fine with cheese and yogurts snd small amounts of milk if it was baked into foods. But I am too scared now to eat it. I will see if I can find those OnEarth and JD, thank you
Sorry about the brown spotting ladies. I keep worrying mine will come back.

Ashley - I am the exact same and stop enjoying chocolate when pregnant. I actually don’t crave it when breastfeeding either, although I still enjoy it if I have it. I start intensely liking chocolate again once my cycle comes back.

I am sorry you can’t have dairy! I don’t blame you for not wanting to have it again. It definitely might have been a coincidence that you got pregnant again after going dairy free, but it also might not be, so I totally get it. I haven’t tried Daiya because it sounds a bit gross to me, but I *have* heard good things about so it might be worth a shot.
I haven’t really been craving anything because nothing seems appealing right now, but I have been more drawn to cheese and bananas, so I wonder if that means my body needs more calcium and potassium.

OnErth - that’s exciting that you can decorate the nursery this time! We did with dd1 but did nothing with dd2 since she was in our room and now just shares with dd1.
I hope the brown discharge goes away.

Red head - that must have been hard concealing your nausea at the grocery store. I’m glad they bought that you were just hot haha.

Afm - I had a good sleep-in and feel slightly more human today. Am still quite irritable, though.

This is today at 10+3. Admittedly in the evening after dinner so probably worse. I feel like a whale. Some is weight gain from IVF but my husband is adament I look pregnant. Did have a friend look at my stomach a few times in the park today but I let it go over my head as I'm not ready to share.

OnErth that must be so reassuring for you. My tinged CM has gone now, I hope yours passes by quickly too.

My last pregnancy I loved fruit polos. They really helped ease my nausea but this time they've not helped. I've been feeling less nauseous the past few days but think I overdid it today and ended up wretching on return from a trip to the park. I was very thirsty too. I always seem to be thirsty during pregnancy.

20190703_185338-768x1024.jpg

Cute bump!!

My tinged has slowed to less than a dime in my panties and every once in a blue moon when I wipe. Brown, never pink/red.
Im going to listen for the baby after im finished nannying. As long as the baby has a heartbeat, it's ok. Or im telling myself that anyway

Cute bump!!

My tinged has slowed to less than a dime in my panties and every once in a blue moon when I wipe. Brown, never pink/red.
Im going to listen for the baby after im finished nannying. As long as the baby has a heartbeat, it's ok. Or im telling myself that anyway

Thank you :)
Bet you can't wait to finish so you can hear it.

I'm tempted to get a private scan for reassurance but it will only be a week different to my 12 week scan and tbh with the house move we have enough on. Would just love the reassurance that all is okay.

I went home and listened.

I understand wanting to get a peak. As long as you see the baby, you know in that moment everything is ok. You almost want to say " can I just lay here all day?". Hehe.

Oh for anyone new to finding the heartbeat, I'm not an expert by any means but my OB said you have 2 arteries/veins that run down, baby will be in between those. Right now, youd hear the wind tunnel/whoosh of the placenta and just next to that, you should find it.
Before I was looking too close to the veins and too high. I will say when you find it, you know its different.

Anyway, I'm going to stop rambling about it. I wish someone would have explained it better for me. :oops:

As for the cheese stuff...so being Jewish you cant mix meat and dairy. So a lasagna, you needed cheese free or meat free. Some of the dairy free is gross. Doesnt melt well, powdery/chalky, nasty, no flavor. I was advised it's easier to add fake meat than fake cheese.
Im in Ohio and you can find most things at meijer, Kroger, target, etc. In the normal aisles but especially the vegetarian/healthy aisle.

As for the cheese stuff...so being Jewish you cant mix meat and dairy. So a lasagna, you needed cheese free or meat free. Some of the dairy free is gross. Doesnt melt well, powdery/chalky, nasty, no flavor. I was advised it's easier to add fake meat than fake cheese.
Im in Ohio and you can find most things at meijer, Kroger, target, etc. In the normal aisles but especially the vegetarian/healthy aisle.
I looked up the Daiya brand and they carry it at Smith’s which for where I live is the family store of Kroger. Says they have 23 different options in that brand at Smith’s. Walmart only shows up as having 2-3 options. So I’m heading to Smith’s tonight.
Also, I’m going to get the aloe Vera gel and attempt to listen to heartbeat tomorrow on my Doppler. It’s nice you have that assurance of the heartbeat while having the brown spotting!

The aloe works well IMO. Dollar tree sells it if you have one close. I picked mine up at Walgreens before figuring that out. Oops.

Yes, there is a dollar tree just a few minutes from where I live.

So I went out and got some Daiya mozzarella shreds to make pizza and also the Mac and cheese. I shopped for about 30 minutes which is the longest I’ve been on my feet since being 5 weeks along. My uterus felt heavy and achy the last few minutes. Weird since my uterus/baby isn’t very big yet. Makes me wonder how bad it will get when I’m in 3rd tri eek

I went to a big outdoor Janelle Monae gig last night with a bunch of much younger women. One said her mom was my age! I made it through most of the gig, but did leave a little early and found myself massaging my back and holding on to my tummy by the end of it! I was the archetype preggo lady!

Apparently I "walked" (danced) the equivalent of 23kms yesterday, so I guess no wonder :)

Mostly, I look fat and cannot suck it in at all any more. but clothes just don't fit. I have 2 outfits now.

JD that is a lot of walking! Well done for remaining standing! It is nice being the typical pregnant lady though :)
I went out for my mums birthday yesterday and wore Spanx so I could fit in my dress - but then I started to feel so uncomfortable after a couple hours and had some crampy type pain so had to take them off. Needless to say it was not a flattering look by the end! Oh well! So horrible I don’t mind having a beautiful bump but I just look like I’ve eaten too much!! And I’m finding I have a muffin top where I was a bit flabby on my tummy - the flab is more prominent now! Gross. First trimester really knows how to make you feel good huh lol! My roots on my hair are getting horrible now too but I’m too afraid to colour it!
Oh well!

I’m not good a dairy free stuff - I don’t eat a lot of dairy as I find it gross but I also don’t like many of the substitutes! My husband mainly eats vegan cheeses but I can’t stand the smell during any of pregnancies!
Enjoy your mac and cheese! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->