January 2020 Garnets

Hi all. I am having some cramping today, which is making me a tad nervous. I haven’t had any cramping since that bout at 7 weeks or so. I know that baby is in a 3-week long growth spurt right now, so that’s probably why. Still, it’s disconcerting.

Ashley - it’s amazing how even when the baby is so tiny, s/he still affects us a lot. I hope you enjoy the daiya cheese!

Red head - oh dear, I don’t think I could have handled the spanx either. I also just look like I am getting a bit of a gut rather than looking pregnant. My bit of stomach fat is also just more prominent now, and my stomach is sort of curved and not nearly as flat as before. It will be a lot cuter when it becomes a proper bump (but I hope it waits a bit longer because I don’t want to tell people yet). I also am feeling anxious to dye my hair but don’t want to. I avoided it in my other pregnancies, but I have some grey hair now that I’m extremely self conscious about, so I figure I will probably still dye my hair, but I will wait until I’m 16+ weeks. I know most sources (including my doctor) say it’s safe and if you want to be extra cautious to just avoid the first trimester, so that is what I’ll be doing.

JD - sounds like a fun concert. I’m sorry none of your outfits are fitting anymore. It is not a great time for our appearance haha. Will you switch to maternity wear soon?

I went out for my mums birthday yesterday and wore Spanx so I could fit in my dress - but then I started to feel so uncomfortable after a couple hours and had some crampy type pain so had to take them off. Needless to say it was not a flattering look by the end! Oh well! So horrible I don’t mind having a beautiful bump but I just look like I’ve eaten too much!! And I’m finding I have a muffin top where I was a bit flabby on my tummy - the flab is more prominent now! Gross. First trimester really knows how to make you feel good huh lol! My roots on my hair are getting horrible now too but I’m too afraid to colour it!
Oh well!
Yes, the muffin top is pretty horrible for me, as well. Can't wait for the belly to get more baby and less food belly.

Pukite - congrats on no abnormalities! Yay for another boy. I’m sure you’ll rock being a mom to 3 boys. Did you cry from happiness or from disappointment? :/

Pukite - congrats on no abnormalities! Yay for another boy. I’m sure you’ll rock being a mom to 3 boys. Did you cry from happiness or from disappointment? :/
To be honest I really wanted a girl..as this is our last baby for sure. But boys are amazing. It's just that Autism is so much more pronounced in boys (sorry if that's not the right word,my native language is not English..) and I already have 2 autistic boys.. so I will be worried untill he starts speaking.

Im having cramping too and stupid tinged cm/spotting (2nd day/brown). Less than yesterday.
I really hate brown spotting, it gives me creeps because for me that's a sign my Progesterone level is critical. Take care of yourself and rest, if you can.

Pukite - I can understand being a little disappointed about not getting your girl. I know that’s how my husband will feel if we don’t get a boy this time. It’s also understandable that you’re worried about autism and it being more pronounced. Hugs.

OnErth - sorry you’re having that too, and the discharge too. Did you mention to your Dr about the brown CM at all?

Congrats Pukite. I have 3 girls so I understand the wanting of the opposite gender. This time around I’m not as much caring which gender it is. I won’t lie and say I’m not leaning towards wanting a boy though. Because I am. But I feel like with my last pregnancy I just really wanted it to be a boy. I know my husband wants a boy badly but I have to remind him there’s a good chance it’s a girl and it won’t matter either way. I would be surprised if this one is a boy.

Literati I’ve been having cramping too yesterday and today a bit - I think it is just a growth spurt (I hope). We’re close on dates so I’m sure it’s normal. I keep wondering about dying my hair in the second trimester too. I know they say it’s safe but I am such a worrier!

Pukite that makes sense about wanting a girl. Hopefully everything will be fine for you. I understand the worry about autism after what you’ve been through - I hope it’s okay xx

No I didnt call the midwife.

My dd2 has autism and it took forever to get a diagnosis.

Got the nursery together today. Needs finished of course but the bones are there.

Does anyone have thoughts of your nursery? We will co sleep but I like the baby having space and a spot for everything!

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA the last week or so, I've been busy with work and today was my day off so I just relaxed even though I had tonnes of housework I shouldve done :dohh: I'm off the weekend though so will get it done then. I just have no energy! :lol:

OnErth it must be lovely to hear the heartbeat. I haven't heard mine yet, do any of the UK girls know if we get to hear it at any appointments?

I got quite a lot of cramping between what wouldve been 8-10 weeks but not so much now unless I'm constipated :rofl: I used to panic a lot because my stomach is quite tender at times but I'm learning the difference I think.

Nursery wise all I know is I have to swap my bedroom to my current spare room as it's bigger so I will have room for baby to be in with me until it goes in it's own room, but I'll do that over the next few months. That's if I don't end up moving, I live in a first floor flat that's only access is a set of outdoor stairs from the street and I'm worrying already how I will manage with a pram up and down on my own. I'll just have to think about what to do :roll: just feels like yet another thing to worry about :haha:

I ordered some maternity jeans because my others have gotten so uncomfortable since about a month ago, so they are much more comfortable but a bit too big :dohh: I'm sure I will grow into them tho, I just hate living in leggings that's all!

xo

OnErth it must be lovely to hear the heartbeat. I haven't heard mine yet, do any of the UK girls know if we get to hear it at any appointments?
You will hear it at every midwife appointment starting at around 16 weeks :)

I assume my midwife will listen at every appointment but I dont know.

That would be hard trying to manage a stroller.

Do maternity clothes come in different sizes there? Ours do here.

I found the heartbeat on the Doppler! Took me forever. I was starting to worry. But I was looking too low at first. I found it right on my c section line angled down and very slightly to the right. Heart rate was 172. I probably won’t check again for a week or so.

NIPT results today: low risk for all the tested conditions... and we're having a boy! I got really weepy!

(this actually makes the "Chinese Gender Calculator" 2/2 for me!)
Congrats!!! So glad everything is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->