January 2020 Garnets

Ashley - I also have an autoimmune thyroid disorder and am hypothyroid (but I have Graves’). Have you had your levels checked recently? Did you know that it’s recommended that TSH stays below 2.5 during pregnancy? Some doctors don’t know this, or might know it but don’t enforce it unless ask. They might see your TSH is “normal” even though it isn’t ideal for pregnancy and leave it. It might be worth mentioning that you want it under 2.5. However, having said that, I am always still exhausted in pregnancy even if my levels are great. So your tiredness definitely could just be pregnancy, but worth getting it checked out.

I don’t know what hb is too high, but the hb was 186 at the u/s and apparently that was high. I think my babies just tend to have slightly faster heartbeats than average. I actually had to go to the hospital for a non-stress test when I was pregnant with dd1 because her hb was also too high at one appointment. It turned out to be perfectly normal.

OnErth - that sounds like a good plan.

Blueskai - I hope you do too. Did they not listen at your last one?

Literati, I go each month to my endocrinologist to get my levels rechecked My last appointment was 3 weeks ago and my TSH was 1.4. He still upped my dose a little because he said they are proactive during pregnancy and even though my levels are good now they assume that pregnancy will continue to deplete my thyroid so instead of waiting for it go out of normal range they up the dosage each appointment to keep it stable. I do ask at at each appointment since I like to keep mine as close to a 1 if possible. Not sure how feasible that is later in pregnancy though. I read somewhere that later in pregnancy the normal TSH is a little higher. Also, he said I will only be seen 1 time in the second half of the pregnancy instead of monthly. Is that normal?

Ashley - sounds like they’re doing a great job keeping your levels top notch! I actually hate my levels being below 1 because it makes me very shaky, anxious, and hypoglycaemic, but I have to grin and bear it for pregnancy.
I don’t have to see an endocrinologist anymore now that my levels are under control, but I’m sure it’s normal if that’s what he said! After all, your GP or obgyn can always monitor your levels if you’re concerned. Also, it might be perfectly feasible for you to keep them around 1 the whole pregnancy. My levels are usually the worst in the first trimester and then improve throughout.

OnErth - I’m sure that’s a great hb as well. I don’t think it was a major concern because they didn’t mention it at the ultrasound but just wanted to check it again at the appointment. Who knows.

I was just happy it wasnt low. Wylder (the baby we lost in 09), his heartbeat was only 100, so way too low and no dr caught onto it.

Literati- oh that’s crazy! When I first started Levothyroxine the dose was a tad too high so it dropped my TSH to a 0.08. I still felt fine lol. My dad is hypo too but his is from getting typhoid from a 3rd world country when he was 21 The treatment used high amounts of iodine which destroyed his thyroid. Anyway what I’m getting at is of his TSH gets to a 1 or over he starts to feel very sick. He only feels normal when it’s under a 1

Ashley - that’s so interesting about your dad! We are all so different and dosing clearly needs to be individualized based on symptoms and not just numbers! Before I got pregnant I actually alternated every other day with 2 different doses because I am sensitive enough that the one dose was too high but the other dose was too low. :| My doctor thought it was a bit silly but was supportive since that’s the dose that made me feel best.

OnErth - good for you! Do you feel relieved now?

Awww loving all the scan photos. Congratulations...beautiful photos.

Sophie is everything okay? I had a feeling your scan was yesterday

Sorry I've not kept up lately. We are now in the new house but it was filthy and as a result we have been sooo busy! I am feeling exhuatsed and have probably been doing too much. My husband likes everything done yesterday but I've told him I need more rest as I woke with mouth sores. Sure sign I'm run down.

OnErth...think that you made the right call there. Must feel like a weight has been lifted in giving the response.

Red good luck for your scan on Friday...cannot wait to see your beautiful scan pic of your baby

Going for it - ok, so forgive me, but I feel like if your husband wants everything done yesterday, he should be putting more work in himself! You should not be overworking your poor pregnant self. Those mouth sores definitely are a sure sign you’re run down. Make sure to get some rest and don’t hesitate to ask for help from anyone who can give it! Sorry the house was such a mess and has required so much work. I wouldn’t have been able to handle that and likely would have had to just live in filth because I’m way too tired to do anything these days.

i agree he should be doing more himself! Don't be overdoing it, you need to look after yourself. I struggle to do housework these days with being on my own and working full time so can't imagine setting up a new house, I'm exhausted enough!! :lol:

xo

Thanks going for it :) hope you feel better soon! Hope you have the TV, sofa and bubble bath available for you to relax now!
I agree with Literati - I would be making hubby do it himself! In fact I have been trying to, as I am so tired and we are now living in just yuk because he has not done anything! We’ve actually had a bit of a fight about it today. We both work full time, typically I walk the dog after I finish and cook dinner so I feel he should be doing the bulk of the housework. But instead it just is building up until I do it. I’ve actually had to take a couple afternoons off work recently so I have the energy to do it all which is not on!
Literati glad the heartbeat was perfect :) hope those of you with thyroid issues have it easy throughout the pregnancy! X

Blueskai - I hope you do too. Did they not listen at your last one?

Realised I accidentally ignored your question, sorry!! :dohh:

I haven't heard the heartbeat at all so far, no! I've only had one midwife at 10 weeks (was actually 8weeks according to dating scan) but that was more a booking in appointment with bloods, urine test, weight and height and going through medical history. So I don't know when I will get to hear it, someone said in the UK you hear it at 16 weeks so I'm assuming it will be at my next midwife appointment?

xo

My husband is funny. Last night he was telling me his friend at work is worried because his wife thought she was 8 weeks pregnant. She had her first ultrasound but all they saw was a sac and no baby sadly. I asked him if he knew how long ago they found out she was pregnant. He said 8 weeks ago. I said no, how long ago they actually found out. He said she’s 8 weeks so 8 weeks ago. I told him you can’t find out that early (we aren’t even actually officially pregnant until 2 weeks) and most find out around 4 weeks and normally the earliest is 3.5 weeks. I thought that was funny. Sad what his friend and his wife are going through though. It’s their first child Anyway, it’s probably normal for husbands to not know the way pregnancy works in the beginning.

Ashley - that’s funny. Sometimes I find it shocking how clueless husbands can be about pregnancy, even after we’ve had multiple kids. Don’t they pay any attention?

Blue skai - that makes sense. I should hope they would listen at 16 weeks! :)

Red head - that definitely sounds fair to me that your hubby do all the housework! It’s annoying he has been leaving it all for you. My husband is the same, but thankfully he cooks sometimes so I have been taking full advantage of that when I can! Well, and he does clean up every once in a while, but the house has to get to a VERY bad state before he does anything about it. Haha.

I understand about the housework. I stay at home but it can be hard too! I dont have a eat off the floor clean house, i never will, but I do like a clean house. Dont leave dishes in the sink, sweep the floor, etc.

I actually feel bad for telling the mom i cant watch the kids. Its the right thing to do but i feel as if shes mad at me now. i have no reason to think that of course.

Bumble bee - congrats on the great scan! So many end-of-month due dates on here! I’m happy I might not be the last one to have my baby this time haha.

OnErth - I understand feeling bad and like she might be mad at you. I would probably feel the same in your shoes. But, as you said, there’s no reason to think she is! She asked so she had to be willing to deal with rejection as well. I’m sure all is fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->