January 2020 Garnets

I was wondering the same Red. I had thought 14 but an app was saying 13 weeks is second tri.
I felt movements with my 1st at 18 weeks. With my 2nd and 3rd at 15 weeks. I haven’t tried to see if I can feel anything yet. But I think it’s a little too early for me anyway. I think at 14 weeks I will start paying attention to that.

Red I am almost sure I can feel mine now, I keep feeling a little something, it feels like when you get a twitch but it only happens once at a time whereas I think a twitch would keep going. It also happens to be right where the sonographer was pressing at my scan on Thursday so it's the right area. Obviously it could be anything but it just seems unusual that it is always in the same place and only happens once every few hours or so. I have a mum tum going on and a UK 12/14 so while I'm not huge, I definitely have a little bit of extra timber :rofl: x

Congrats mother of pugs on a baby boy :blue: I too cannot believe that everyone is having boys, it's deffo boy season!

I think I'm going to break the chain. I have my gender scan in 11 days (1st August) and I'm so sure baby is a girl. The nub was sooo girly at my scan. I will genuinely be gobsmacked if it is a boy lol. Not long to wait.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet just lately, I have been for a stay in the hospital as I couldn't urinate properly. All is well now though.

Red - I count second trimester from 13 weeks. Its so exciting that we are now in second tri! My kids break up from school for the 6 weeks holidays on Wednesday and when they go back I'll be 20 weeks. It's scary how fast things are moving now.

Hope everyones well. Xx

Sophie - thank you! So exciting! Not long to wait until your gender scan. Sorry you've not been well - I had similar issues in my first tri, still don't know what caused that but I've been ok since.

Red - I started feeling definite flutters/tiny movements around 16weeks. 1st baby, slim body type and my placenta is at the back which helps. I actually think I started feeling things from 14/15 weeks just didn't realise it was baby at the time.

Congrats, mother of pugs! So many boys.

Red head - I count it starting from 13 weeks, and so does my doctor. Might as well count sooner rather than later. Feels nice to be in the second trimester ASAP! I will be in it tomorrow! Woohoo!

Thanks all! That’s so exciting how early some of you have felt them! I can’t wait I’m hoping it’ll help my nerves. I’m trying to tell myself it won’t happen until I’m 20 weeks so I don’t get worried or over excited but it’s hard!
Literati congratulations for tomorrow :) I get there Wednesday! I’m going to count it as 13 too I think! Desperate to get there!

I've had feelings there since late week 12, and I'm certain it's the baby. It's just that it will go away for days at a time! I'm looking forward to it getting consistent now.

I'm 16 weeks today and no feelings of movement yet. I'm on baby #6 but I have had an anterior placenta for a couple of my babies so not unusual to not feel anything yet. My first I was 17 weeks, second was quite early around 14-15 weeks then next two were late due to placenta. I actually cant remember with my last one to be honest and it wasnt that long ago! But I am a bit bigger now, I was only a size 8 with my others and I'm easily a 12 uk size now so I have a bit of extra padding lol

I always used to could 2nd tri from 12 weeks but I think it's the end of the 12th week so 13 weeks. It's always nice to move out of 1st tri though.

I had an awful stomach bug over the weekend, I was so poorly. It was a very emotional day being on my own with the kids and feeling completely useless. Thankfully was just a 24 hour thing but now my youngest isn't too good tonight, no sickness thankfully but she does have a temp and very clingy. Hoping it doesn't go through them all now!

Anababe - oh no! So sorry you got the stomach bug. I can’t imagine trying to parent solo when that ill! You poor dear. hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon.

Red head - good plan! Wednesday is so close! It’s exciting that we are all entering the second trimester now!

As for movements, I have felt some weird twitchy/fluttery sensations but they seem too early to me so I thought maybe they were just muscle spasms. I did feel dd2 around 13 or 14 weeks but not very much.

Hey everyone, just popping by to say hello. I'm so rubbish at keeping up, been on holiday and all sorts.

I had my second trimester scan a week or so ago and finally got some pics of the baby, so have announced now! All getting exciting. I'll be 17 weeks on Wednesday. Have a bit of a bump now too! Heard the HB on Friday at midwife appt, it was 156- so maybe a girl?! I'm staying team yellow though.

Just had the whooping cough vaccine today, glad I had it, but my arm hurts! Do they give that vaccine to ladies elsewhere in the world? (I'm in UK)

Not sure if I feel baby yet or if it's gas bubbles. How will I know the difference? Lol

Hope you're all well, sounds like everyone is progressing nicely and we have a lot of boys!!! Eeee so exciting!!!

With my first I felt the "butterfly" movement around 16/17 weeks, I think I may have sooner but I didn't realize it was my daughter, and felt actual kicks around 18 weeks. This time with #2 I started feeling the "butterfly" movements around 14 weeks, now at 16 I'm actually feeling kicks every now and then, it just feels like someone is gently flicking me from the inside, but I only feel one or two kicks every few days. With #1 I was about 160 but slim (carried the weight in my chest/butt/thighs rather than my belly). And with this one I'm a bit heavier at 190 with some pudge in my belly now rather than it all being in the other areas, which I think attributes to why I can't really feel him very often and when I do it's pretty much only when I'm laying on my side.

As for the whooping cough vaccine we do that here in the states too, it's the TDap which has a vaccine for diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus in it, and man does it hurt. I remember getting it done with my first and my arm hurt for a couple days and it swelled up a little bit too since I made the mistake of not moving my arm much and it settled into the muscle. This time around when I get it I will hopefully not do the same thing.

With DS I think I was about 18 and a half weeks when I first felt something. I had an anterior placenta so I skipped the bubbles and flutters and went straight to the feeling of being flicked from the inside.

I have an anterior placenta again so I'm not expecting to feel movement anytime soon.

We dont get vaccines while pregnant here? They offer flu and that's it. I say no.

Hey - I've been reading everything at night, but there's always so much to follow up that it's too lengthy to do on the phone (I'm a slow typist unless on a laptop). But so happy for everyone!

Sorry (but excited!) to say that I won't be changing the trend! Found out this evening we're having our fifth BOY!! I selfishly wanted a boy to end with, but I know my daughter would've loved having a sister. Guess she was a fluke - my husband only makes boys!!

Congratulations MommyPrice!!! By my count that makes 7 boys for this group, crazy!!

DH and I make a lot more boys than girls too. Out of our 4 losses we had all of them tested except the chemical, and 2 were boys, 1 was a girl. With DS and this baby that makes it 4 boys/1 girl for us.

MommyPrice - yay for another boy! Now your little girl will always be your special little princess.

Yellow - it’s hard to tell in the beginning, but when you get further along the kicks will be harder and unmistakable.

We get the TDAP shot in pregnancy here too, but not until 27ish weeks.

Anyone else still deliriously tired and also fairly nauseous still? I’m so worn out. Just have to make it through this week and then I’m on holidays.

I'm exhausted all the time, especially since now the braxton hicks started so I can add that to the list of things waking me up multiple times throughout the night. Almost every day my daughter and I take a nap after I get home from work lol I am so grateful she is suddenly interested in naps again.

I only really get nauseous when I go too long without food though, thankfully. I am so glad I'm not getting sick multiple times a day anymore, trying to run across a warehouse to make it to the toilet in time to be sick was awful, I was still hiding my pregnancy back then so I couldn't just find a nearby trashcan.

Going to be a bit of tmi, but if any of you ladies have the issue I do where when you throw up you get some stuck in your sinuses/nose I highly suggest getting a Neti-pot. That thing was a life saver, I brought it with me everywhere in case I got sick and needed to use it. It's also nice to have in general since I know I have been having sinus and nose issues with the pregnancy and the pot helps a lot.

Beadle- my nausea is also only when I go too long without eating, but for me when pregnant that sometimes only means 10-20 minutes! I have to eat NON STOP to not feel sick and it is driving me absolutely crazy. I pack so many fresh snacks for work plus have a drawer full of non-perishables but still I end up running out of food every day and just starving and feeling sick! Ugh! It is so annoying. So I am hoping that dies down somewhat soon.

Sorry you are also exhausted. That’s great your daughter has a renewed interest in naps. I remember I always used to nap with my dd1 when I was pregnant with dd2. So sweet! Most days I also fall asleep after work, and on my days off I most definitely need a long nap. Hopefully we get some energy back. Sorry your nausea was so bad before, but glad it has improved some.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with paraumbilical hernias? I have had one since after the birth of my daughter, 6.5 years ago and it gives me a fair bit of aggro, I have asked many a midwife/Dr/consultant if it is likely to cause any issues during this pregnancy but you'd swear I was the only person on Earth to be having this trouble! No one knows anything, they have all been really clueless and the best they could do was to tell me they had no idea but they'd make me consultant led just incase #-o all I want to know is if it's likely to get bigger and cause more aggro as my stomach grows and if all the pushing during labour is likely to strangulate it. Any advice will be appreciated, or if anyone knows of any thread/forum etc that would be fab :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->