January 2020 Garnets

OnErth - ahh, sorry this has been such a roller coaster! Keep us updated. Hopefully you get that home birth.

AFM - it’s my last day of work before 2 weeks of holidays. Let’s hope I survive!

Anyone else keep getting errors when you try and get on here?
I had sharp stabbing pains in my uterus a ton the last few days. It’s annoying and also a little scary. Just wondering what it is! Stretching/ growing pains? I don’t know. Hopefully it’s all normal though and eases up soon.

Yes, I'm getting errors and rarely manage to get on.

Having some pain and spotting so clearly losing my mind :) It's only brown spotting and the pain seems related to having to pee/poop so trying to put it out of my mind for now.

Feeling badly for everyone stuck in heat waves. Ireland isn't super warm right now and I still went out and bought a nice fan for the bedroom. Sleeping so much better now.

Ashley - yes, I’m getting lots of errors as well. Hope they fix it soon. That is scary about the stabbing pains in your uterus. Are you sure it’s your uterus and not round ligament pain? I’m sure it’s fine, but if you’re worried about it you could always call your dr and see what s/he says?

JD - I’m sorry about your pain and spotting. That’s always troubling. When do you see a dr/midwife next?

Thankfully, we have central A/C so I’m not being tortured in the heat! :)

Hey, I haven’t been able to get on and can’t read anything - hoping everyone is ok and they get the site fixed soon!

I keep getting a server error occurred! This is the first time I've managed to get on in 2/3 days, it's driving me wild! I thought it was just my phone but it can't be if other people are getting the issue too. I tried looking for a 'contact us' or help and support area so I could message someone from the site but I can't find anywhere to be able to do that x

I just get an error but if I keep refreshing repeatedly it eventually works.

Same here, still getting errors.I just keep refreshing and it eventually lets me get on.
I think maybe the sharp stabbing pains I was having was due to what I was eating? I know it sounds weird, but both times I ordered pizza without cheese since I have an allergy to dairy. So I am wondering if it was due to cross contamination which is likely since the pizza chains use cheese on everything. Normally, it wouldn't bother me to have some cross contamination with dairy. I read up online that in many pregnant women their allergies will become worse during pregnancy and they will be even more sensitive to eating whatever they are allergic to. So, Monday I ate cheeseless pizza from a pizza chain. I had stomach pains and side aches and lots of sharp stabbing pains in my uterus area as well a little after and I was so gassy. I didnt think it was from that. But, Wednesday I also had pizza and same thing! Within a couple hours I had the same pains. They lasted both times 24-36 hours. So I decided from now on I will just have to make my own pizza to avoid any cross contamination.
Besides all that I still get achy towards the end of the day. My lower belly just feels sore. It has only been recently. I cant imagine how bad it will get when I much further along! And also, I am showing earlier this time then all of my previous pregnancies. I thought once bloating went away I would kind of shrink? I still do get bloating but not as much. But dang I can barely hide my belly anymore! I am pretty sure I was around 17 weeks before I was this big with my others. I am just showing more and more. I will attach a picture in 2 days when I am 14 weeks. It has definitely grown since I last attached a photo which I think was at 12 weeks

JD hope your spotting stops! That is always to scary! When is your next appointment? I am sure all is fine, but pregnancy can be so unnerving. I know all these pains I have had had freak me out. I thankfully have my doppler which I have pulled out a couple times this week.

Ashley - the stabbing pains definitely might have been due to food. It could have been due to cross contamination for sure, but is it possible that you are sensitive to whatever they put in their dairy-free cheese? For instance, I have a sensitivity to almonds and corn, and if I have them I definitely get stabbing pains like you described. Anyway, it’s possible the dairy-free cheese could contain an ingredient you’re not used to and could have a sensitivity to? Or, as you said, the cross contamination. Either way, I guess you should steer clear of those dairy free pizzas! :(

I am showing more than with either of my previous pregnancies too, although I did show fairly early with dd2. My bloating has not gone away either like it did with the first two. I’m not sure why. It is a little annoying!

14 weeks today. Here are 2 photos. I am definitely bigger in the evening. These are morning shots. But look at the one when I’m laying down! So I decided to use the Doppler today and was surprised that I could see my uterus sticking out! Last time I used the Doppler was just 4 ish days ago and it was still not poking out like this! So I had to take a picture.

ECB2507C-ADA9-429C-89F0-D584B8247D93.jpeg 3A07ADF5-F74B-4021-AE18-C220462D6778.jpeg

Ashley - great pic! It really is sticking out quite a bit! For some reason mine started doing that at 10 weeks already, but it was only at certain times like when my bladder was full. I tried to check just now, but I’m too bloated to tell. :haha:

Finally managed to get on after days of trying! It's been driving me crazy.

Ashley, cute bump! I'm a lot bigger this time than I was with my other 2. Probably because everything is already stretched and knows what to do.

I've had the stabby pains too, I put it down to ligaments stretching as it's at the sides for me.

Been checking on bubs with the doppler and everything seems well so I'm not worried. Hb has come down from the 170's which it was in the beginning to hovering around a nice steady 150.

Got gender scan on Thursday morning at 10:30, I'm bursting with excitement xx

Hope I haven't missed much! Finally been able to get onto the site.

I've had on and off stabby/achey pains too, I put them down to round ligament pains and stretching as my bump is growing now! Even starting to feel movements and definite little kicks/thumps - so weird! Almost 18 weeks now, getting close to that half way mark.

Good luck for your gender scan Sophie!

Hope your spotting clears up JD.

How is everyone? Nice that these boards are finally working again. Can't wait to hear what you're having Sophie, how exciting!!

Plugging along over here. Threw up for what I hope is the last time last Friday and have felt pretty good since then. Except that my bump is so huge already and I fill up so quickly. I don't feel like I have any room for food at all.

My parents still don't know about the pregnancy, we're finally telling them on Saturday when we go visit them! We ordered DS a big brother shirt to wear and are going to have him tell them. They are going to be so shocked/excited.

Hey everyone! Wow, I’ve been absent for a while! Work has been a little nuts for me. So exciting to see all your beautiful bumps and scan pics! Aww, these babies are just so precious.

BUT... I can’t believe I didn’t even update on the results of my NIPT test! I found out 2 weeks ago yesterday...

Keeping it short and sweet... all my numbers came back very low, so thankfully Baby should be in clear for genetic issues, and

(So exciting)

Baby is a LITTLE GIRL!!! :pink:

I was seriously so excited. I hoped for a girl, as did most of my kiddos. Hubby was hoping for another boy, but you know... Mommy gets what Mommy wants, I guess! :)

Hey all - glad things are working again! I have read everything but it’s hard to reply to so many comments!
Becca congratulations on your low result and your little girl!! That’s so exciting!! Breaking the trend too!
Sophie hope your scan goes well too!
FitMama that’s such a sweet way to tell your parents :)

I had a freak out and went for a private reassurance scan today.. baby is perfect still and also even though we’re only 14 weeks it was very apparent we’re having a boy!! So over the moon! I can’t believe it keep crying! Hubby is thrilled (and shell shocked!). We announced on Facebook too which I didn’t think I’d be ready for. I just feel so happy - I know that it could still fall apart but I want to try and enjoy this while I’m lucky enough to have it :)

Went to meet midwife today (a new one, its been a wild few weeks) and she is awesome!!!! I havent paid her the deposit so I cant put all my eggs in the basket but i feel good about it. Prenatal appointment aug 28th

Is this the first girl of the group so far Becca? Congrats :)
I still haven’t told anyone about the pregnancy. I have no clue how to tell my kids! They are older kids and I just don’t know how. It would be weird to just be like “btw I’m pregnant”.

My kids are similar ages and we just told them. I mean they arent going to do big brother tshirts or paint pictures, ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->