January 2020 Garnets

I’m sorry bumblebee I’ve not heard of it - I hope you find a doctor who can give you answers though! X

Bumble - sorry, I don’t have experience with it either. I hope you can get some answers and some relief! Is it something you can get fixed when you’re done having kids?

Ah well, worth asking. It is just to the left of my belly button, it's about the size of a cricket ball when it pops out and normally it is more annoying than painful and I just push it back in but the past 2-3days it actually hurts to do that so I have to lie down and wait for it to go back in on its own which can take 10 mins sometimes. It was a joke Literati as I was going back and forth the doctors about it for years and they kept saying they couldn't do anything about it as I knew that I wanted more children and all the while the same doctors were treating me for infertility #-othe first sonographer I had said 'ooh nice hernia' when she started scanning me and I said yea it's the bain of my life and she said "aw it's only a little one" so I'm hoping that should count for something as she didn't seem concerned at all and the 2 other sonographers I saw didn't even mention it. Congratulations on 2nd Tri too, Red & I will join you tomorrow :dance:

I didnt know I had a hernia until an OB brought it up. Hes like " we can fix that" and I remember thinking that I didnt know I needed fixing.
The oncologist was supposed to go around my belly button and fixing the hernia wasnt a thing but I woke up and I guess he couldnt go around.

I dont feel one way or the other tbh. I mean its nice to not have a weird pokey button but now I dont have one and I'm like " that wasnt as bad as I thought". Hahaha

I feel like I've cracked a lot of my vertigo/nausea - salt helps!

I'm a really low salt person. I don't cook with it, rarely add it. And because I haven't been eating any processed food (or much food at all) it's possible my sodium got low.

But once a day I load up on salt (what I consider "loading up"!) and my goodness I feel transformed.

I still get the day here and there where I feel poorly, but wow, what a difference.

has anyone else had the experience of moving your leg just the wrong way and suddenly it feels like your uterus is detaching from your body? That was so sore.

How nice that all of us are either in second tri or will be in the next day or 2! I’ve been having more aches and mild cramps the last couple days. Must be growth. I’m glad I have my Doppler. I pulled it out today and it only took about 5 seconds to find the heart beat.
My nausea is still here. It’s gotten better but still don’t feel great most of the time. But just glad to be over the worst of the nausea

Ashley - sorry you’re in the same boat with nausea but glad you’re over the worst of it at least.
Excellent about finding the hb so quickly. I sure wish my sister would get me her Doppler but she keeps forgetting.

JD - haha, oh, I’ve definitely had that uterus detaching from body sort of feeling when I’ve moved a certain way. That is so interesting about your salt intake. Glad that you’ve found away to make yourself feel better quickly. My nausea is definitely related to being low blood sugar, which is why eating in general helps me. I’ve always been prone to hypoglycaemia, and it’s much worse in pregnancy, so it just happens very quickly.

OnErth- haha! I can see missing my belly button once it was gone. I really don’t like that I have an outie already though. Why does it pop out so early after the first?

Bumble bee - gotcha. Glad it is a small one. I’m excited for you to join me tomorrow!

How is everyone today? I've had a. Bad nausea day today but they are few and far between now so can't really complain. Its the start of the 6 weeks holidays today where I am. Its crazy to think that when they go back to school I'll be 20 weeks.

Its been an emotional day today as my DS has left his infant school and starts juniors in September and my DD has left nursery and starts full time in September.

Weather has been crazy! We had really bad storms through the night but it's been around 31 degrees c here today so I'm currently sat in front of the fan with the patio doors open whilst the kids play in the paddling pool. Xx

Sophie - I’m sorry you had a bad nausea day yesterday. Those are never fun!

That is emotional about your DS starting juniors in September. I don’t know what the equivalent is, but my dd1 is starting Kindergarten in the fall, and I definitely feel a little sad about it.

We’ve had a lot of storms here too! That sounds wonderful about sitting in front of the patio doors while the kids played in the pool. I ended up sitting outside and reading for a long time while my dd1 did her preschool workbooks and my dd2 napped. It was heavenly!

That is emotional about your DS starting juniors in September. I don’t know what the equivalent is, but my dd1 is starting Kindergarten in the fall, and I definitely feel a little sad about it.

We’ve had a lot of storms here too! That sounds wonderful about sitting in front of the patio doors while the kids played in the pool. I ended up sitting outside and reading for a long time while my dd1 did her preschool workbooks and my dd2 napped. It was heavenly!

It's nice when we get a minute to ourselves.
Here children go to nursery aged 3-4
Infant school from 4-7 years and junior school from 7-11 years xx

Sorry for the triple post, everyone! It was giving me an error when I tried to post but apparently it worked after all. :-#

Sophie - it sure is! Ok, gotcha! My dd1 is turning 5 and this will be her first time in school because she didn’t go to preschool.

Hello everyone,

I finally managed to have my 12 week scan today :) They have dated me as 13+1 so moved my due date forward a day to 29th Jan.

We were there nearly 4.5 hours as I also had to have a consultant appt and bloodwork done. The scan itself wasn't great. The first sonographer decided my bladder wasn't full enough so sent me out to drink more. I went back in with a different sonographer who said my bladder was too full, she got me to empty some but it was still too full so she made me go and empty it completely She had trouble getting the measurements needed but finally managed to get the NT reading. I collected my medication but they only gave me enough for 30 days so I need to go back again to get more.

I thought I was over the worst of the sickness but the heat over the last few days has brought it back will full vengeance - I have thrown up 4 times today already :(

I hope you are all keeping cool!

Serenyx- that sounds extremely annoying about your ultrasound with the bladder filling/emptying. What a pain!

That’s too bad they would only give you 30 days of Meds. How inconvenient! Exciting that you get to move your due date up a day.

Sorry your sickness is worse with the heat. Hope you get some relief soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->