• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January 2020 Garnets

I’ve been feeling baby more and more too. I haven’t really tried feeling for the kicks either. I will just be laying here and out of nowhere feel thumps. The first time I felt them was just a few days ago.
So, not sure what to do. I read about 17P injections that can help prevent preterm labor. I had my OB app today and brought it up. He was kind of like sure, if you want to. He said he isn’t sold on the idea that they help but there is no harm in getting them. I want to try anything to help slow down contractions that will probably start soon. Thankfully so far I haven’t had many. But I always get so many later on and I can’t be on bed rest. The injections I should start taking them now as usually it’s started at 16 weeks and go until 36 weeks. It’s a once weekly injection It isn’t for sure a preterm birth cure but helps about 1/3 more women make it to full term.

I’ve been having brown discharge the past couple days. It is scary me so much. I got checked at the hospital yesterday with Doppler and baby’s heart rate is fine, and I have a scan tomorrow - I know a couple other people in here had it - did you find out why? How long did it last? Xx

Red - mine was due to a sub chorionic hematoma. The brown discharge lasted for a couple of weeks. I have my 20 week scan on Friday so I'm hoping it's gone now. Baby has always been totally fine throughout.

Thank you for replying - I hope it’ll be gone at your scan. Did you have a big bleed first or was it always spotting? Sorry for all the questions! Xx

I think Bee will be fine, I'm more worried s(he) wont let us get a potty shot!

Yes they do seem to like being awkward! Does the place let you have a free re scan if they can’t find it? That’s what the place near us does x

Yes they do seem to like being awkward! Does the place let you have a free re scan if they can’t find it? That’s what the place near us does x

Yes. They guarantee they can find it and be correct or you get it free.

Red head - I’m sorry about the discharge. Usually brown is nothing to worry about, but I understand the concern. Keep us posted. Hopefully the scan will be reassuring for you!

Ashley - i’d Say go for the injections if they’ll make you feel better.

Afm - my mom finally brought the Doppler over today and I got her to check baby’s hb (she’s a nurse so I figured she’d had an easier time finding it than I would). She found it pretty quickly, which was so very reassuring! I had been feeling slightly worried with no feeling much movement and also having to go 6 weeks between appointments.

I am still so tired and just can’t concentrate. The basic tasks of life feel so hard right now. Also keep getting insomnia, which doesn’t help.

Red, that’s stressful!! I had random spotting twice but in 1st tri. No reason for both times though. We hadn’t BD, no constipation etc. Just brown spotting that went away quickly. Maybe you have a small hematoma? I know you can have one and either bleed a ton, bleed a little, or none at all. Hopefully it’s just something insignificant!

Anyone feel so much pressure in your stomach (actual stomach) after you eat? I feel like I can’t eat a ton without feeling like my stomach is so full. It gets pretty uncomfortable. I know it’s not because I truly ate a lot because when I lay down I feel fine. I think maybe once baby “pops outward” it will ease. Like as of now baby is taking up space in my lower belly and pushing all my organs upward so I don’t have much stomach room to eat. I’m 5’5 but I’m more leggy and have a shorter torso so that could partially be why.

Thank you for replying - I hope it’ll be gone at your scan. Did you have a big bleed first or was it always spotting? Sorry for all the questions! Xx

Yeah I did have an initial big bleed - not all SCHs will bleed though. I totally understand the worry. I always took reassurance from the baby being well despite the long period of brown spotting. I think sometimes it can just be some irritation around the cervix too. My sister had the same in her pregnancy but it was an irritable blood vessel near the cervix for her xx

Thanks all for replying - mother of pugs that must have been terrifying, I’m glad baby is ok and hope the rest of the pregnancy is smooth. I’ve been for the scan today and he’s looking perfect :) all good and nothing to worry about. Such a relief to get past this stage. No scan for 4 weeks now though! Don’t know if I will make it that far or will book in a private one!

Literati that’s so handy your mum can do that! That must be very reassuring!

Ashley I get a heavy feeling but I’m still managing to eat a lot! Too much honestly! But my bump has popped (at least according to my manager!) so maybe that’s why.

Glad everything was great at your scan Red and you don't have to worry about the spotting anymore!!

My 20 week anatomy scan is booked for Sept 11 and then I probably won't have another one until about 32 weeks.

I've felt mild twinges the past couple of days that I think could be Baby Z, but it is hard to say.

Ashley I also feel like I'm going to explode everytime I eat even though I don't eat that much at a time. It's so strange. I also have a short torso but I didn't start feeling like this until 28 weeks with DS.

Gender scan today at 1pm but it's also my birthday so I might be slow to upload a pic (not saying gender though)

Ah that’s good :) hope everyone you’ve told is pleased xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"