January 2020 Garnets

I dont always comment because I dont have anything to add or relate to.

Yeah it does get quiet - hopefully as things get further along and there’s more regular baby stuff happening it’ll get busier in here and more people can be a bit more active. I think the feb group is really tiny so maybe we could change this to a double group? Then there would be more of us at least?
I know what you mean about being exhausted! We’re going away next week now - our last holiday before baby comes! Such a strange though! But desperately need the break away. Will you be able to get away anytime? X

We already changed the group after the leader had a loss. I don't want to change again and they are behind us.

Red head - that’s great that you’re getting away soon! The break will be good. Unfortunately, all of our holidays are over now so we won’t be getting away before baby comes. I guess I might consider a weekend road trip if we can afford it, as it’s always so much easier to travel before the baby arrives.

Im a little quiet in the group sometimes, I struggle to reply and keep up sometimes but as time goes on I will get better at it hooefukky,. Hope all you ladies are well.
I have not felt much in the way of movements still.

Sometimes I feel a bit of movement and others i dont.
I bought 2 maternity shirts and 2 pair of baby shoes today. Babys don't need shoes but then you lose the socks and well they are cute!

I dont think I posted in here but I told my bff the gender and name, she started crying and said she felt honored. DH told his boss, which wasnt part of the plan but hopefully she can keep a secret.

Went to a homebirth meeting last night and it was good. Sometimes the stories make me think " what were they thinking" and other times we are all in the same boat. One lady had an 81hr labor, that's the kind of what were you thinking I'm talking about. Makes my 14 hours seem short!!

81 hours!!! Wow that's a long time. I was in active labour 16 hours with my little one.

I have a serious bump now and have to wear maternity jeans.....

Baby shoes are so cute and I love little hats. It's so nice your BFF is excited and happy, it's good to have support.

I also feel like I’m in that in between stage of not quite looking pregnant, more just like I maybe gained a big gut. To me it looks obvious that I’m pregnant but if you don’t know I’m pregnant then you might second guess if I am or not. I have had a couple of looks at my belly with people I don’t know well enough to tell them I’m pregnant. I’m sure they are trying to figure out if I am or not. I bet in the next few weeks I will finally truly look pregnant I actually can’t wait. I feel baby kick a lot more now. Actually feeling the kicks and movements right now.
How much sleep do you ladies get? I feel like I need 9 hours to feel rested. Right now it’s broken up though since my kids are back in school. I can’t fall asleep until around 1 AM. Then I get my kids up at 7. I usually fall asleep around 9AM again and wake up around noon. It sounds awful but I need it! Makes me feel super lazy.

Today when I was standing up making some smores bars my pelvic area started feeling achy. It’s gone now but every little ache or pain gets me concerned. I’m sure it’s normal/hope it is. Also when I sit down too long my uterus area feels sore. It’s weird. Once I lay down it goes away almost immediately. I just think my body doesn’t handle pregnancy well? I have decided to cut back on watching my youngest daughter at gymnastics. I normally stay and watch her the entire time. She goes 3 days a week and each class is 2.5 hours. But I get so uncomfortable sitting there after about an hour. I just feel achy in my lower belly. So I may just stay 1 day a week. I really love watching though. You’d think I’d get bored but I have always loved gymnastics. And she is getting so good and doing harder skills and it’s fun to watch her. Also I don’t love wasting gas driving back and forth so much.
I hope we can be more active on here too. But like OnErth sometimes I just don’t have anything to post and don’t want to bore you guys constantly

I have a few hats but I dont see the point if you can regulate their temp other ways.

I havent been able to wear my fitbit since being pregnant because early on, I got a rash from the band (yay for sensitive skin). I have trouble falling asleep but get up early. The kids are in between, dd1 sleeps in but dd2 gets up early and goes to bed late. Ds doesnt seem to mind.

Yes my bff has been great support through the cancer last year and the pregnancy.

I've been wearing maternity for awhile. Today I'm wearing jeans and sweater. Its 70.

How much sleep do you ladies get? I feel like I need 9 hours to feel rested. Right now it’s broken up though since my kids are back in school. I can’t fall asleep until around 1 AM. Then I get my kids up at 7. I usually fall asleep around 9AM again and wake up around noon. It sounds awful but I need it! Makes me feel super lazy.
I feel like i'm just looking fatter! I have had a couple of glances but as we aren't telling people, no one has commented.

Don't make yourself too uncomfortable, 3 hrs sitting there watching an activity 3 x a week is a lot. I'm sure your daughter will be fine if you cut it down.

I tend to get sciatic pain if I overdo it, which tells me I need to cut back a bit.

As for sleep, I tend to get a fair bit of broken sleep. I have taken to falling asleep shortly after my children do (like 8.30pm). I then wake around 11.30 for an hour and after that I tend to have broken sleep for the rest of the night (I need to go to the loo 3-4 times a night - this one seems to be in an awkward position and is constantly pushing on my bladder!). DH's alarm goes off at 5.45 and I don't usually go back to sleep after that.

Ashley - don’t feel lazy. If I stayed home and I had kids in school, I would definitely do that. As it is, I get 8-9 hours of sleep per night (when they’re not interrupted by insomnia), and then I always need a 1.5-2 hour nap on my days off in addition to that. On work days, it’s a major struggle to make it through and I feel like I’m barely hanging on until bedtime.

That sounds like a good idea to cut back on watching your daughter’s gymnastics a bit if it’s making you uncomfortable.

Serenyx - when are you planning on telling people? Or are you just not going to tell people you’re pregnant ever? Sorry about your sciatic pain.

OnErth - that’s too bad you got a rash from your Fitbit. Yay for maternity clothes! They’re so comfy. I am still squeezing into my pre-maternity jeans, but I think I usually have to make the switch to maternity at about 20 weeks.

Robo - cool about the maternity jeans! It’s interesting the variation on when people need them.
That’s too bad you’re not feeling much movement. I’m only just starting to feel movement that I can 100% identify as movement, but I’ll still go many hours between feeling any. Hopefully you’ll feel some soon!

Serenyx - when are you planning on telling people? Or are you just not going to tell people you’re pregnant ever? Sorry about your sciatic pain.
I'm not too sure - I will definitely wait until after the 20 week scan to see if any soft markers are found. Even then we only tend to tell close family and others whom we see regularly (well you can't really hide it then!). Most of my friends / extended family didn't even know I was pregnant last time :lol: I will obviously need to tell my work but I am hoping to get away with not saying anything until after the scan. I have another 3.5 weeks to go until my scan so it just depends how much I start showing between now and then!

We live a good 2 hrs away from even our close family so we only see them every couple of months anyway. We saw one side of the family earlier this week and the other side we are seeing tomorrow (as it was my daughters birthday this week). After this we won't see them again until mid/end Oct most likely so it will be easy not to say anything yet :lol:

Hi!

Hope your all well!!

Sorry not posted for ages, I know I'm a bit of a stranger in here but I do actually have a read through every couple of days. Just need to start posting more. I usually catch up when I'm in bed at night and then am too tired to start replying.

All ok here though, I'm 20+5 now (really need to update my ticket!), had our scan last week, they confirmed definitely a boy! Baby was very lively but in an awkward position lay on tummy so difficult to get measurements. We got there in the end after I had to move around a few times.

I'm still not feeling massive amounts of movement but it is getting a little stronger every day. Not enough for OH to feel yet but getting a slight pattern of when I feel him, usually when I'm resting, I dont notice it so much when I'm up and about.

Here's my almost 21 week bump pic from today. Went for a walk with my children but it's so hot today I didnt last very long! Starting to really feel pregnant now and I've definitely slowed down alot when I'm walking and doing stuff with the kids.

20190824_144615.jpg

Loving the bump pics, I will have to post one. I am huge for my gestation though, eek.

Literati I am very cranky and short on patience at work too. I need to find a way to get over it because I still have almost 5 months left, ugh. I wish I could do the 18 months of mat leave but I just don't think we can really afford it.

I've started feeling some kicks this week despite my anterior placenta so that is exciting!

Also, we got DS a twin bed - yes, my 3.5 year old is still in his crib lol. I would have happily kept him in it until he was 10 :rofl: but we don't want to buy another crib so he'll be transitioned into his new bed in the next few weeks.

Fit mama - glad you can commiserate about work, but sorry you’re feeling that way too. Hopefully we can both find the motivation and positive attitude to last the next 5 months! That is understandable about not being able to afford the 18 month leave. We had to do a lot of planning and debt repayment in the last year and a half to prepare for it, and even now it will definitely be tight. I think many people are still opting for the 12 month option for financial reasons. Will you be taking the full year at least? Is your partner planning on taking any time?
Yay for finally feeling kicks! I am finally feeling more consistent and easily identifiable movement as well, but still not very strong.
Yay for a new bed for your DS! I understand wanting to keep him in the crib for longer. If it’s working well, why change it before you have to? :)

Anababe - so great to hear from you! I understand not having the energy to reply before bed. I am always a zombie by then as well! Your bump is so beautiful. Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear you’re slowing down a bit. I am finding the same. That’s exciting you’re almost 21 weeks!

Serenyx - that makes sense. It always feels better announcing if you know everything is okay after the 20 week scan.

Afm - I feel like I’ve had a major “growth spurt” lately where I am suddenly packing on the pounds. The shorts that were very loose a few weeks ago are now quite snug. Even last week all my pants fit OK, but today when I tried them on I was pretty uncomfortable and I’m thinking I might have to switch to maternity pants sooner than I thought. People are also noticing my bump now and saying I look pregnant. When I finally told one of my co workers this past week, she said she had noticed for a while and was wondering when I was going to tell her. :p I don’t think I was mentally prepared to get huge yet, but it’s coming now so I guess I’d better get ready.

Serenyx - that makes sense. It always feels better announcing if you know everything is okay after the 20 week scan.
I think I might be showing a little more than I expected - I was getting some strange side long glances from my MIL today :lol:

I am in awe of those of you who are still able to hide your pregnancies! I look like I swallowed a cantaloupe lol.

Literati I am definitely taking the full year at least! Probably more like 13 months because I'll accrue vacation time while I'm on leave.

I finally faced up to my fear yesterday and went to the dentist for a cleaning for the first time in a year and a half. I think that's the longest I've ever gone and I was so terrified that something would be seriously wrong that I started crying as soon as the dentist walked in. Thankfully she and the hygienist were lovely and while I do have some old fillings that need to be replaced it's nothing that can't wait until baby is here - so relieved and so glad to have a new dentist that I like!

How is everyone else? Any scans coming up this week?

Loving all the bump pics! I have a definate bump coming no when I'm laying down.

Felt movements 3 days in a row now so I'm hoping this is it now and will start to become more consistent.

We've had another heatwave where I live in the UK and it has been too hot to anything except lay in the kids tiny paddling pool lol.

It's my daughters 4th birthday on Thursday so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that nothing this week.

I do have a good week next week. It's my hubbys birthday on Tuesday and also the kids go back to school on the same day. Then it's our 20 week scan on Thursday. Can't wait to see baby boy again. When is everyone else's 20 weeks scans? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->