January 2020 Garnets

Im not having an official 20 week scan. The gender scan I had was simply to find gender. They didnt look over anything else. I can get one ordered for $300+ but im not and it's not needed IMO. I will get a more in depth scan in October at a local college. Its students that need practice. It's still not official but it should go in more depth?

It's in the 70s and 80s, which is fine with me. Raining today.

Im not having an official 20 week scan. The gender scan I had was simply to find gender. They didnt look over anything else. I can get one ordered for $300+ but im not and it's not needed IMO. I will get a more in depth scan in October at a local college. Its students that need practice. It's still not official but it should go in more depth?

It's in the 70s and 80s, which is fine with me. Raining today.

Is that standard for the US to not have an anomaly scan? Xx

Fit mama - that will be nice to take some vacation time along with it to give you closer to 13 months! That extra bit of time will make a huge difference, as it’s always so hard to go back to work as soon as they turn 1 (or before)!

That’s cute that you have such a definite bump!

Serenyx - that does sound like you have a good week planned next week. Lately, my dh is at work all of the time and I’m not finding life very fun. I don’t have an ultrasound booked yet, but I should be able to book it tomorrow after my dr’s appointment, so I’ll keep you posted! It’ll be great to see baby again.
That’s also nice you’re having a heat wave. It has felt like fall here for pretty much all of August. We barely got to use our little kiddie pool at all this summer.

OnErth - that’s nice you will give the students some practice at least.

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing as its been a little while!

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and to be honest, my pregnancy is just ticking along nicely - no appointments coming up, nothing really happening at the moment. Baby boy is always moving and bump is growing, although I feel like I'm still small compared to other ladies at this point. No more sickness, thank god!

Had my 20 week anomaly scan a couple of weeks ago and had the loveliest American lady as the tech who explained everything she was doing and just made us feel so special although I'm sure we were one of loads of scans she was doing that day. Baby kept playing with his feet!

Think I'm going to book a 4d ultrasound for around 27 weeks - anyone else planning on having one?

Motherofpugs- 4D scan sounds fun! I’ve never had one done.

Afm - my ultrasound is booked for Sept 9 @ 1:30 pm! Woohoo!

Hi ladies- Been lurking a bit.

not much news to report my end, just been super busy and bogged down with work..(and work politics [-().

Had anomaly scan 2 weeks ago, everything seemed good! Still don't know the sex if baby, keeping it a surprise until the birth.

I'm getting quite big already I think. Keep getting comments about the size of the bump- why are people so keen to share opinions on that? I find it hard not to get offended when people say I'm big LOL. I'm pretty sure I'm normal sized for this stage, but everyone is different.

I know I've had a few comments on my bump too, even from complete strangers! & the usual make the most of sleep while you can etc etc

I know I've had a few comments on my bump too, even from complete strangers! & the usual make the most of sleep while you can etc etc

Oh I hate the sleep one! I had a friend visit my house the other week and she kept saying how my house was going to be ruined by my child and I'll need lots more storage space.

People don't like it when you have something exciting happening, they want to make sure you realise all the negatives. :ignore:

Hey all - glad to see everyone is doing well! I’m on my way back from a break away where we’ve had very patchy phone signal so I haven’t been able to comment but have read along where I can. Nothing to report from me really - still not feeling much movement which is starting to worry me. Hopefully it’s ok. Haven’t got any scans or appointments for another couple weeks yet, but my midwife said whenever I want I can phone and go in to get checked with the Doppler if I’m feeling anxious. Hopefully I won’t need to but it’s nice to know the option is there xx

Hope your break was fun Red!

Glad your anatomy scan went well Yellowmoon.

I am definitely big for my gestation and I was with DS too - when I was about 24-25 weeks with DS I had a woman express shock that I was still in the second trimester.

It sucks when people are negative about much wanted babies! I know a couple of my in-laws are not happy for us at all and probably saying all kinds of crap behind our backs. I'm just happy we don't have to see them until Christmas!

I wouldn't worry too much about movement Red...do you have an anterior placenta? With DS I never felt anything until 18.5 weeks and even then it wasn't a lot. At my 20 week anatomy scan with him he was moving all over the place and I couldn't feel most of his movements.

I have an anterior placenta so I haven't been feeling a tonne of movement, but last night my hand was on my bump and Baby have me 3 solid boots that I could feel on the outside, so cool! <3

Nothing to report from me really - still not feeling much movement which is starting to worry me. Hopefully it’s ok.
They still have a ton of room to move around at this stage and you could have an anterior placenta. I'm not feeling much either (and i'm not sure what I can feel is baby!) however i'm just having to hope all is ok. My anomaly scan isn't for another 3 weeks!

Finally some good news - they managed to get a higher fetal fraction on my second draw and the results have come back as low risk this time :D

It is also another girl :cool: (although I am going to struggle with names - I have already used all the ones I like :lol: ).

Yellow moon - I’m sure you are a completely normal size. People are idiots and have no idea what a pregnant person is supposed to look like. I haven’t had any rude comments yet, but I got sooo many comments on how “huge” I was with my first, and I found it very offensive. I’m sure you look amazing!

Redhead - sorry you’re not feeling much movement yet. I’m sure you will soon. I am feeling it a lot more consistently now but it’s still not super strong.

Fit mama - that’s awful that some of your in-laws were negative about the baby. How horrible! You don’t deserve that.

Sorry you’ve gotten dumb comments about your size in the past.

Serenyx - that’s amazing that it’s come back low risk now! You must be so very relieved! Congrats on another girl. I know what you mean about names. If we have another girl, I have no idea what we’ll name her because we’ve also used up all our favourites.

After last year, I'm fine if no one ever comments on my bump!

Sometimes I dont feel movement but Bee likes to face my back so I wouldnt feel anything until s(he) turns around. Could that be a possibility Red?

I swapped the baby bed for the playpen in our room. It's still a tight squeeze but I feel like it's less overwhelming!
I bought one of the fancy 4Moms off marketplace for cheap. I LOVE the 1 hand option. Ugh, all the times we have fiddled with the sides on a regular play pen....good gravy.

OnErth - my baby likes to face my back too. I can still feel him/her kicking my butt, though! :haha: It’s actually a little annoying, and I wish I would feel movement in the front instead.

Serenyx that’s fantastic news congratulations!! You must be so relieved! I’m so glad they managed to do the test for you this time.

FitMama I haven’t had any comments yet but the thought of it (let alone anyone touching me!!) makes me so uncomfortable. Sorry you’re having to deal with that!

I’m not sure which way he’s facing or where my placenta is. Guess I will find out in a couple weeks at my scan (if I can last that long! May book in another in the meantime!). I do keep thinking I might be feeling him, but it doesn’t seem to be getting stronger or more regular really and is always still so low down? I hope all is ok! I guess some people don’t feel anything for a few weeks yet so hopefully it’ll start soon!

Hi everyone,

I've not got much to report either. Just plodding along waiting for my anomaly scan on Thursday.

Serenyx - really glad to hear that your results came back low risk this time and congratulations on a baby girl!

I've not had any comments regarding bumps yet. I have lost 2 stone in weight though so the bump I do have, I'm sure people think is just my normal tummy as I was a bit overweight lol.

Had my 1st hormonal moment yesterday, wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or lose my temper or what but it was all for no reason #-o

Red - I have an anterior placenta this time and Im not feeling much at all in the way of movements. Maybe a few tiny tiny pokes a day (maybe 3 max) sometimes nothing at all for days. I'm hoping this start to get stronger and so much more frequent, as this is my last I want to enjoy every moment. X

Thank you ladies - we are very relieved :D

I think it may just have been too early for the first test due to my very low PAPP-A. I know they advertise as being able to run the test from 9 weeks and my first blood draw was at 15 weeks exactly so you would think I would have enough fetal fraction in my bloodstream by then but obviously not as I only had 2.1%.

I dug out the results for DD2 whom we also had the Panorama test done with - she only had 3.7% fetal fraction at 16+2. This time my successful draw was done at 16+5 and had 3.8% so this seems normal for me.

I just wish I could start feeling some movement now - it's going to be a very long 2.5 weeks until my anomoly scan! Darn these anterior placentas!

Good luck for your anomoly scan on Thursday Sophie :)

Im not an expert Red but my midwife said my uterus is just to the top at my belly button (if I had one). The baby is only about the size of a mango (without counting their legs)...so you could be feeling anything all over, especially low still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->