January 2020 Garnets

Ah bumblee sorry your scan didn’t go so well :( but it’s always nice to see them again :) I can’t believe this is the last scan until we meet them! I hadn’t realised if everything is fine you don’t get more!
I’ve got an anterior placenta too, but it’s high so I can feel low down. Hope you ge to feel more soonxx

My placenta is high anterior too so I also feel kicks down low and basically nothing higher up!

Sorry your scan didn't go as well as you hoped Bumblebeee, these babies are not always the most cooperative! Glad you get to see him again though and hopefully he'll be in a better position next time.

Redhead and Fit mama - my placenta is also anterior, which explains how I mostly feel movements toward my back and bottom! It’s a little frustrating because I absolutely love the kicks in the front, and I’m sad I don’t feel many of them. I’m sure they’ll get stronger soon though.

Red head - what a beautiful scan photo! I love the little waving arm! How precious! So glad all was well.

Bumblebee - so sorry about your crappy scan! At least you get to go back. Maybe next time you will get a better u/s tech and s/he will explain what everything is better? Mine definitely took the time to explain and show me everything, which was so nice.

Ashley? Or whoever said my baby had a button nose - thanks! I also thought she had a cute little button nose!

OnErth - it sounds like you should be fine for your walk!

Everything went well at my ultrasound
Baby #4 is another girl!!!
Though I was definitely leaning towards girl it still came as a slight shock for it be confirmed lol. I am a tad bummed it’s not a boy but mostly bummed for my husband. I know he won’t care once baby comes
I do have to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks because the very edge of the placenta is over my c-section scar. The tech said more than likely it will up and move out of the way as I get further along but they need to check. I’m guessing it’s because they can’t cut right where the placenta is.

3764F062-EC43-492A-95C8-55D06067E32E.jpeg

Ashley - congrats on another girl! That’s basically how I felt when finding out we were having another. I mean, I wasn’t really bummed for myself but mostly for my husband and it did feel a little been-there-done-that. :p Oh well! I think it will be very sweet to have 4 little girls!!! And I’m excited to have 3 girls as well. :)

Beautiful scan photo! I hope the placenta moves to just the right place so that it’s risk-free!

Well done OnErth.

How often is everyone seeing their midwife/consultant? I’m feeling a bit lost at the moment - I think where I’d had scans every 2 weeks, now I’m just left! Apparently I might not have any more scans at all! am seeing my consultant in a couple weeks but have only seen my actual midwife at the booking in appointment, saw a different one at 17 weeks, and don’t have any more booked? I haven’t been able to get hold of her either which is really irritating me when I’m supposed to be high risk and having extra support! Someone mentioned I should be having my flu jab and whooping vaccine but I don’t know if I’m supposed to organise this myself? Is there any other jabs etc or tests that you have later in pregnancy? Oh and I’m supposed to have the gtt test and that’s not been organised?!

Red head - I’ve always been responsible for booking my own appointments, but my doctor tells me at the end of each appointment when to see her again. She does the appropriate shots whether I organize them or not, but not all doctors have them available at their office.
I personally see the doctor every 4 weeks, and more frequently towards the end. At 28 weeks I get the whooping cough vaccine I believe.
That’s really frustrating that you haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone for an appointment! That definitely doesn’t sound like they’re taking great care of you, especially if you’d are risk. I would keep trying to get in touch with the office and see when they want you to book in again and when your whooping cough and flu shot should be.

Thank you - she did say at my booking appointment I needed to arrange the 16 week one - you saying that reminded me - but I imagine as it wasn’t my actual midwife I saw last time, that’s why they haven’t told me what’s next, as I should have heard from her by now. I really like a schedule lol! I might request to change midwife if I can, I’m really not feeling confident with her - she forgot to request bloods etc at my first appointment which complicated my nt stuff, then told me she was on annual leave for two weeks, but hasn’t replied to messages etc for over a month, which is why I’ve had to see someone else last time. I had with my last pregnancy and she was quite flakey and we didn’t hear from her at all once he died.

How often is everyone seeing their midwife/consultant? I’m feeling a bit lost at the moment - I think where I’d had scans every 2 weeks, now I’m just left! Apparently I might not have any more scans at all! am seeing my consultant in a couple weeks but have only seen my actual midwife at the booking in appointment, saw a different one at 17 weeks, and don’t have any more booked? I haven’t been able to get hold of her either which is really irritating me when I’m supposed to be high risk and having extra support! Someone mentioned I should be having my flu jab and whooping vaccine but I don’t know if I’m supposed to organise this myself? Is there any other jabs etc or tests that you have later in pregnancy? Oh and I’m supposed to have the gtt test and that’s not been organised?!
It is generally down to you to organise the appointments and vaccines, however my midwife tends to book our next appointment whilst I am there. I had a 16 week midwife appointment and my next one isn't until 28 weeks. You generally book the whooping cough vaccine around 28 weeks too. I assume you aren't RH-? Otherwise you'll also need to book in for a Rhogam shot around 28 weeks! You can book the flu vaccine at any point. Is there not a schedule for appointments in your notes? Somewhere in the notes you should have a list of appointments and the relevant weeks you need them in. I have misplaced my notes otherwise I could show you (I must hunt them down!!).

My hospital arranged the GTT for me and I simply received a letter in the post - chase it up if you haven't had one.

How often you see the consultant really depends on your individual circumstances (e.g. I see mine every 4 weeks). It isn't the same for every patient.

You might want to consider a private scan a bit later on just to check every thing is ok, simply to put your mind at ease if nothing else :)

Red, here you go every 4 weeks, then every 2, then every week until birth. All scheduled by OB office or midwife. Theres no vaccines required. The gtt is schedule around 20 some odd weeks, I cant remember because I've denied it since dd1 (2006).

Thanks all :) I haven’t got a schedule but will phone and ask. I only know about the vaccines and gtt as a non health professional told me luckily.
Serenyx when is your gtt test?
Xx

Sorry I somehow completely forgot about the group My parents have been here for the past 2 weeks and before that my inlaws were here for 2 weeks. It's fair to say I'm worn out and looking forward to my parents leaving Tuesday night!

Scan photos are looking amazing. We had ours last week and all is looking great. We stayed team yellow, ready for the big surprise at birth. My toddler (not long turned 2) is going through a sleep regression atm...I am hoping we are nearing the end of it now as it's draining me of my energy! Baby has been kicking lots since 19 weeks. I have an anterior placenta too..well it kind of goes down one side of my stomach so mostly I'm feeling low kicks and more on my left.

I will totally try to be better in the group...life just seems to have been so manic and there is talks we might be moving again soon too. If you recall we moved just before our 12 week scan.

So lovely to see everyone's bumps. I feel so big already and have had so many comments! Midwife next week so we'll see what she says about size.

Red - my midwife always books in the next appointment at the previous one. So I had booking in, 16 weeks appointment then after that I have a 25 week antenatal appointment at my GP on Thursday and then another midwife appointment and bloods due at 28 weeks. She also told me to get my whooping cough vaccine done same time as 20 week scan but they didn't have clinic open on day of my scan so I booked and had that done at 22 weeks (really achey arm for a few days after btw!). I'm going to book my flu jab on Thursday when I go in.

There's definitely a long period after 16 weeks of no appointments/checks in my experience anyway but you should know what's going on and what to expect next. I would definitely give them a ring.

Thanks all :) I haven’t got a schedule but will phone and ask. I only know about the vaccines and gtt as a non health professional told me luckily.
Serenyx when is your gtt test?
Xx
My GTT is 7th Nov so I will be 28+1. 28 weeks is shaping up to be a very busy week!

I do not envy you that have to do the GTT.

Im getting a free scan on 9/23. Eeeekkk, it will be nice to see the growth from 8/15 till then. It's not a fancy scan, just college students practicing but still..

Anyone get sharp shooting pains in their vagina? I’ve had it several times this evening and it’s scaring me a little. I keep worrying it’s my Cervix thinning out. I know I had this in other pregnancies but I think I was further along. I don’t know what else would cause it, maybe ligaments are down in there too? It feels like a lighting bolt zap/achy pain down inside the vagina. Pregnancy really stresses me out!
At my ultrasound my cervix measured 3.49 cm. I am going to ask for it to be measured by ultrasound each time. I hope they will do it. My previous OB did them starring at 24 weeks for me to ease my mind with baby #3

Ashley - I call that “lightning crotch” and it is very normal. I think it’s just from baby being low on your cervix and I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. Definitely mention it to your dr if you’re concerned.

Hopefully it’s all just nothing! It eased up once I laid on my side. Anyone get braxton hicks when you have to pee? I get one every time I have to pee. And I drink a lot of water so that’s not fun.
I’m counting down the weeks until I’m full term. Just 16 weeks left. Seems kind of crazy considering I found out I was pregnant just over 16 weeks ago. I was nearly 5 weeks along when I found out. So in terms of how long I’ve known I’ve been pregnant I feel like I’m half done. Assuming I only make it to just over 37 that is. But if you go by how many actual weeks I am I’m over half way since my c/section will be 39 weeks. That goes for pretty much all of us. Some even more than that.
My kids tell me they wish the baby could already be born. I told them that wouldn’t be good! But I understand they mean that it was already January

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->