January 2020 Garnets

Afm - I had a dizzy/faint feeling spell earlier this afternoon after standing for 15ish minutes. I find that I start to feel fatigued after even standing for 1 minute. I was at work and had to excuse myself to go back to my desk to sit down. Felt a little pathetic!

Has anyone figured out when they’ll be done work yet? I submitted my form today and my last day of work should tentatively be January 10! I can still change it if I need to. Less than 4 months to go!
Not good! I hope the dizzy/faint spell passes soon.

I think mine will start on 7th Jan :)

OnErth - that’s good he can take a bit of time off!

Serenyx - thank you! Yay, January 7th! It’s really not that far away!

All went well at the follow up scan, thanks for asking. I did have to keep getting up and going to walk up and down the stairs to try and get baby to move but s/he wouldn't have any of it and stayed in the exact same position the whole time! I had to be scanned on my side in the end as it's the only way the sonographer could see what she needed to. She was much nicer than the last one too, this one actually spoke to me and talked me through what was going on. Baby seems to like lying on his/her belly #-o I'm hoping that won't have any affect on us when it's time for him/her to come out because I already had one mare of a labour and I'd rather not have another!!

IMG_20190921_070651.jpg

Serenyx glad your scan went well and you got good results - she sounds like she will be cheeky though! :)

Literati sorry about your dizzy spell that sounds horrible :( I had a weird moment when I was in the woods a couple days ago and it really freaked me out.

I’ve got to sort out my maternity next week - I was hoping to work pretty much to my due date (29th) but have agreed to stop on the 24th which is the Friday before to make things easier. I can change my mind though I think, even once it’s submitted. I just don’t want to waste a day with little nugget, but will depend on how I am coping! I’m already worrying about having to go back to work! I don’t think I will go back full time at first.

Bumblee that’s a gorgeous picture :) it’s amazing how they grow so fast! It is funny how they already seem to have little personalities in there! Congrats on the good result and nice scanner :) I hope labour goes smooth for all of us! What happened to you last time? Hopefully baby will be engaged properly for you and it won’t matter they like to headstand! X

Red - my daughter was back to back and when she decided I'd suffered enough with the pain of that, she got wedged in the birth canal for an hour. All while being on zero pain relief and in a midwife led unit where all emergencies had to be transferred via ambulance to a hospital around a 20 minute drive away. Luckily the ambulance they called for me wasn't needed in the end as a senior midwife came in and repositioned me and the bed and within 2 pushes she was out then.:)

Literati - I had a funny turn yesterday too and almost passed out. In the middle of a meeting as well, had to excuse myself to go lie down - so embarrassing! I've put it down to having a cold and I know my blood pressure was on the low side the day before at my 25 week appointment. I think these things are common in pregnancy but if it happens again I plan on calling my midwife and asking her about it. Ok now though. Hopefully it was a one off for both of us.

Bumblebee that sounds terrifying! I can’t believe just repositioning you made such a difference!

Mother of pugs hope you feel better today!

I’ve found the last few days I have been so emotional - but not angry/sad - I keep happy crying at everything! Someone wins something on the tv, I cry! Took a video of baby kicks moving my necklace, happy cry. A client was really thankful for some work I’d done - blubbing! Literally everything is making me weep!! So embarrassing lol!

Monday is another scan! I'll be 22wks, last scan was 16wks3dys. I dont think Bee will be dramatically different but I'm excited!

Bumblebee - I hope baby changes to a more favourable position in time for labour. That’s interesting that she liked to lie on her tummy so much!
that sounds like an awful labour last time but glad it turned out in the end.

red head - I definitely understand not wanting to waste a single day with your baby! I’m assuming you get a fairly short maternity leave. Thankfully, I live in Canada and will be taking 18 months off! So I’m not as worried about taking a couple weeks off prior, especially because I know by then my insomnia will be so bad I’ll only be getting 3 hours of sleep per night (based on my other two pregnancies). Hopefully you’ll feel pretty good right up until the end!

Mother of pugs - sorry to hear you’ve experienced the same thing at work! It is a bit embarrassing, isn’t it?

red head - aww, that’s sweet you’ve been so emotional lately. I’ve mostly just been irritable/angry this whole pregnancy. I actually really like being the kind of happy emotional that you described.

OnErth - so glad the scan went so well! Yay.

Awww lovely scan pics :)

I had to have my cervix measured on Monday and managed to get a few extra scans. 22 weeks. Luckily cervix all fine.

Literati and Mother of Pugs...I had a funny spell like this yesterday. I was out with my 2 yr old and just had to sit on the floor before I went down. Was so odd...think I just overheated. Had midwife in the afternoon and all seemed okay! A mystery.

Literati 18 months off is lovely :) They grow and develop so quickly. I am a stay at home mummy since we moved to Scotland when my LO was 7 months. We are now in the process of moving again...well far behind in the process but starting. I'm hoping we can be settled in a home before baby arrives!

Hope everyone else is well x

20190923_124938-3024x2268.jpg

Literati I can take a year, but get 3 months at full pay, but then it tapers off every three months and the last three I only get statutory pay which is not much at all, so I may have to go back a bit early. But I hope not!

Going for it why did you need your cervix measured? Hope everything is okay and glad the scan went well :)

Literati I can take a year, but get 3 months at full pay, but then it tapers off every three months and the last three I only get statutory pay which is not much at all, so I may have to go back a bit early. But I hope not!

Going for it why did you need your cervix measured? Hope everything is okay and glad the scan went well :)

I've had some of my cervix removed in the past for precancerous cells so they just like to check the length but it was fine. Over 4cm so no issues. Wasn't a problem with my last pregnancy so wasn't expecting an issue.

Red it's such an adjustment with money isn't it. Will you try and put some back in early days to help you through the lack of pay as maternity leave progresses (easier said than done sometimes I relaise).

Going for it - I’m really glad it’s okay. It’s good they’re keeping a close eye.
We will try and put some by, I’m hoping it’ll be easier when he’s actually here as at the moment I’m so broke! Having to replace my old banger car, do the house and prepare for baby, plus it’s a really busy time for birthdays then Christmas. It is tough! I’m going to be Scrooge this year! Lol!

I’m going to see if I can get my Cervical length checked at each appointment by ultrasound. My last OB did it for me. I have a new OB now so not sure if he will be okay doing that. I start to efface by 28 weeks even with taking it easy. I can’t remember exactly how much but I know it was in the 2’s somewhere. Then I’m usually almost completely effaced by 34 weeks. That’s a good cervix length goingforit. Mine was 3.49 at my almost 21 weeks anatomy scan. But she said it was normal. I’m pretty sure that’s just how long mine is naturally. I know they don’t worry unless it’s 2.5 or under.

@goingforit - gorgeous scan photo! I haven't had any more near fainting episodes since so fingers crossed its just a random one off.

26 weeks today, it's going so fast! 4d scan on Saturday, so excited to see him again.

Saw a consultant today at hospital and all going well, but was told I was going to be induced at 40 weeks, if not before. I’m feeling a bit crushed and emotional! I’ve been envisioning a lovely natural labour at home, before popping up the hospital near the end (it’s only ten minutes up the road) and the thought of being induced is terrifying me. I just found the contractions awful and intense last time with no build up, and I was hoping to avoid that. I know I have to do what’s best for baby, and of course I will, but I am really hoping he just decides to come a little early instead!
Anyone been told they will be induced?

I was induced with dd2. I asked for it though due to anxiety. She was fine as was I. I dont know that I'd ask again but it's better than a 3rd section!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->