January 2020 Garnets

I've been telling people, Bee can come in December for all I know. I've had 2 of the 3 come early! I have a goal of being baby ready by December 1st.

Ashley I’ve had that too - my midwife called it fanny stabbing lol! But apparently very normal!
I can’t believe how quick things are going now! I hope I don’t come early as we’ve still not got started on the house! Waiting for my dad and it’s driving me crazy! But he won’t let me get anyone else to do it! Oh well hopefully things will fall into place! I do feel very under prepared at the moment. We’re back to trying to find a name at the moment!

Hopefully none of our babies come too early!

Ashley - my kids have been saying they want the baby out already too and I basically said the same thing.
I also get BH when I have to pee, but not every time. It is quite uncomfortable, though.

My countdown is a little longer, as I had dd1 on her due date and dd2 at 40 + 3. I could still go earlier this time, but I’m banking on being at least 39 weeks.

Red head - I hope your dad will hurry up and start work on your house!

Red - my midwife told me at my 16 week appointment that she would see me again at 24 weeks now as they'll see me every 4 weeks (until later on when it'll be every 2) and the 20 week scan would count as one. She also told me to book my whooping cough vaccine for the week after she saw me so I had that done a few weeks back. She also booked in my anti D jab but that's not until Nov 19th, she said flu jab would be offered during cold season. I had my call back scan date, I'm going Thursday morning so hopefully I'll get to see more and end up with some better pictures, hopefully get a sonographer with a better personality too as the one I saw last time was a right misery guts.

I hadn't felt Baby for a couple of hours and just now DS had his face to my belly and was talking to Baby and he started kicking all of a sudden! Might be just a coincidence but they do say they can hear sounds now...either way it made DS very happy. <3

After reading some frightening stories about women getting calls a week+ after their ultrasounds with bad news I freaked out a little and called my widwives' office to ask for the results...even though the sonographer already told me all was well. ](*,) Thankfully one of the midwives (re)confirmed this for me. The worry never ends!

I started packing the hospital bag. Planning a homebirth but I want to pay it " just in case". Hopefully it collects dust and I dont need it.

For reference if anyone is interested:
(Live in US, where they provide almost everything)
*For mom*
- my own hospital gown ( they provide one but its ugly, gross and no thanks)
- adult diapers (they provide mesh undies and pads but no thanks)
- slippers (they provide socks but they are ugly)
-nursing tank
- nursing pads (I cant remember if they gave me any?)
*For Dad*
- PJs
- swim trunks/shorts (so he can get in shower in labor with me)
*For Bee*
- 2 gowns (they provide a tshirt but not warm or cute)
- going home outfit
*Extra*
- personal bathing stuff (they provide sample size shampoo, etc but it's not big enough)
- pillow (they provide but my own is best)
- possible Boppy (I need to check if they still give them out, they used to..they do, I'll leave mine at home)
- phone charger
- snacks/drinks (they dont let you eat/drink but I dont obey..haha)
- cup/straw (they provide a small Dixie cup and it's not big enough)
- 1st aide kit (they provide all that but its never when you actually need it, it's when the nurse remembers)

I think that's all. They provide a swaddling blanket, diapers, wipes, towels, washcloths, rash cream, lanolin..I debated packing cloth diapers and wipes but I'll be fine for a day.

FitMama I’m glad you got good scan results :)
Bumblebee I hope your next scan goes better! Your midwife seems very organised which is really good :)
OnErth you’re very organised too! You’re lucky you get so much from the hospital too, although I get you still pay for it in a roundabout way!
I spoke to my midwife yesterday finally (she’d forgotten who I was though, and is back at work but just hadn’t responded to any of my messages!). I’m booked to see her in 3 weeks now, and she sorted my mat b1 form so I can sort out my maternity leave which my manager has been asking for. We’ll sort all the other bits out then so I’m feeling relieved :)

Those of you getting “lightning crotch” how often do you get it. Since I started getting it 2-3 days ago I have it consistently. I get it throughout the day. Not constant but quite a bit. It’s not super painful but it’s starting to concern me that I’m just continuing to get it. I wonder if it’s normal or not?

I normally only get it for short periods on and off. Might be that baby is low for you? Maybe try moving around to get them to shift position if you can? Sorry I don’t know what else might help. It is painful so I really feel for you have it for so long xx

To be honest Red, I dont know if we do pay for it? I've always had state insurance where everything is free (you dont get a bill), this is the 1st time I'll have real insurance. I would think there will be the charges when I get the itemized bill?

Bumble bee - I really hope you get a nicer sonographer on thursday and that baby cooperates for the u/s!

Fit mama - I’m glad all is well with baby. I could still get bad news because my doctor hasn’t called me with any results and the sonographer is not allowed to tell you one way or the other here. Hopefully everything is fine though.

That’s so cute that your baby started kicking to your DS’s voice! It absolutely might have been in response to him. They definitely can hear at this point!

OnErth - sounds like a good list. I definitely won’t be packing my bag until closer to 36 weeks. One thing I do want to bring that you didn’t mention is a hot water bottle, as I think it would help with the after birth cramps, and they don’t have anything available like that at our hospital.

Red head - I’m glad you got in touch with your midwife, although it’s a shame she didn’t even remember who you were! I guess that is one nice thing about just having my family doctor following my pregnancy, so at least it’s a bit more personal.
That’s good you got your form filled out for work.

Ashley - I’m sorry you’re getting lightning crotch so much. I don’t get it until the end, but at that point I do get it quite frequently throughout the day.

Afm - my bump is suddenly WAY bigger and people are noticing. One person at work saw me in the hall and exclaimed, “hey! You’re having a baby!” Just from looking at my belly. It is still a relatively “cute” size so I’m not looking that forward to getting huge.

I had my call back scan date, I'm going Thursday morning so hopefully I'll get to see more and end up with some better pictures, hopefully get a sonographer with a better personality too as the one I saw last time was a right misery guts.
Good luck tomorrow! Hope baby co-operates and they can finish your scan.

I had my anomaly scan today - baby wasn't really co-operating so I had to go and have lunch then come back and try again. They finally managed to check what they wanted to though and said they couldn't see any major issues in the scan - huge relief :)

Baby had their legs tightly closed so they couldn't see the gender, but since the Panorama test came back as female we already knew :lol:

Back in another 4 weeks for my next scan :)

I thought about a hot water bladder but decided against. We are 5 minutes from home, so DH can grab it if needed

Serenyx glad that scan went well other than baby not wanting to give away the gender!

Hope your scan also goes well bumblebee

My hips are hurting today. Ouch!

Seren, dd2 wouldnt open her legs. It took a few scans until she did.

Serenyx - wow, your baby sounds like she’s already a bit of a stubborn one! You’re going to have your hands full! :haha: That’s good she finally cooperated and everything was fine! And good thing you already knew the gender from the blood test!

Bumble bee - how did your scan go? Hope you had a better experience this time!!

I only felt lighting crotch a couple times today. So I’m really hoping I won’t get it again very much. At least for a while.
My baby always starts up moving when I wake up my kids. I don’t even get out of bed to get them up. Just lay there and call out for the 2 younger girls to get up. Must wake baby up because she starts kicking around in there.

I've been getting actual rolling and tumbles vs random kicks lately, that's been nice

Ashley - that’s cute that it wakes your baby up too!! Aww.

OnErth - that’s great!

Afm - I had a dizzy/faint feeling spell earlier this afternoon after standing for 15ish minutes. I find that I start to feel fatigued after even standing for 1 minute. I was at work and had to excuse myself to go back to my desk to sit down. Felt a little pathetic!

Has anyone figured out when they’ll be done work yet? I submitted my form today and my last day of work should tentatively be January 10! I can still change it if I need to. Less than 4 months to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->