January 2020 Garnets

I just drink water all day long. Though I occasionally have to drink diluted prune juice to get things moving. Orange juice sounds good and probably healthy with all that vitamin c

We have a tour of the L&D floor at the hospital next week. Still planning a homebirth but I want to know the ins and outs if we transfer. I had the other kids at a different hospital.

Anyone else planning a tour soon?

OnErth that's great. A nudge for me to find out if I can have a tour of the hospital where I will have the baby. My friends here think not but no harm in asking :)

It doesnt hurt to ask or at least call and get basic info (what floor, where to go,etc)

I know how to get to mine (had my surgery there) but I dont know what entrance to use, what floor, their exact rules on certain things, etc. At the other hospital, youd go through main door during the day and ER at night. Go to the 4th floor and stop at desk. The rules were up to your OB but they had " guidelines".
The midwife and doula will be with us if we transfer but in that moment is NOT the time to figure it all out!

I think I may have a small tear in my abdomen muscle. Not sure, but the last few days when I go to get up from laying down I feel a sharp pain right above my belly button and a little to the right. I’ve never had this before. Hoping it doesn’t get worse. I worry about the separation of muscles since that’s hard to repair.
That sounds nice to take a tour of the hospital. I will be delivering in a newer smaller hospital that I’ve never been to since my insurance doesn’t cover my usual hospital I honestly don’t even 100% know where it is, so I probably should at least drive there so I know the route

Ashley - I had a divarication of the rectus muscles with my daughter and that wasn't painful at all, the hernia that managed to make its way through the gap was, I still have it now as they won't fix it for me :trouble:my midwife knew what was going on with me as my bump started to change shape and it bulged more on the left, your midwife should be able to notice if anything like that is starting to happen. Could it not just be the usual stretching pains? Mine are quite high up occasionally and last week I thought I might have a kidney infection as I had lots of pains in my back but the doctor checked and all clear, she thinks it's just stretching pains radiating to the back x

How much weight has everyone gained so far?

My MW doesn't weigh me. When I saw the OB in July, I was 150. Today im 155.

I don’t know honestly Bumblebee. I guess I will just have to see if it continues in the same spot as I get farther along and if it does start to bulge or get worse. I’m fine until I get up from a laying position and have to use my abdominal muscles. Then I feel a sharp pain in that one spot.

OnErth, I have no idea how much I weigh. I have my next appointment in 1 week. I was not weighed at my last appointment since I only saw the ultrasound tech. I started at about 104 lbs.(about 7.5 stones for you UK ladies) If I were to guess, I would say I weigh about 118 right now. I for sure have put on weight. I think a few lbs in first tri then a pound a week since about 13 weeks? I usually end up gaining 30 lbs by the time i deliver.

Going for it - My job can’t get much easier than it already is, since I have a desk job. It’s more the tasks of life after work that wear me out (although working is also exhausting and I can’t wait to be done).
I am always thirsty when pregnant and also get low blood sugar easily, so I usually bring a juice box to work for some variety with my beverages! I have an aversion to coffee when pregnant and try to avoid tea for the most part, although I occasionally have some.

Fit mama - thank you. :)

OnErth - I would actually really like a tour this time because our labour & delivery has moved to a brand new hospital so it will not be the same as where I had dd1 & dd2. I definitely feel nervous about knowing where to go. However, I looked it up online and it looks like they aren’t having any tours for the rest of 2019. Bummer! I will have to ask my dr where to go and just hope for the best.

Ashley - I’m sorry about the pain near your belly button. I would definitely mention that to your doctor as I’m not sure what that would be. I have diastasis recti but there was definitely never any tearing feeling with that.

OnErth - I’ve already gained 17+ lb. I gain quite a bit when pregnant (40+ lb) but I start out fairly thin and I gain the same amount no matter how healthy I eat, so I figure my body just figures it needs to gain that much for breastfeeding and I just go with it. I am constantly starving (and thus eating), so it makes sense that I’m gaining weight. :p

AFM - anyone else suffering from insomnia a lot of the time? Most nights I am up for 3ish hours in the middle of the night. So frustrating! I always get insomnia in the third trimester (and some in the first) but usually I sleep well in the second. It’s frustrating that that’s not the case this time.

I have the annoying insomnia from time to time Literati, it sucks, I know! Last week I had one night where I only slept for two hours. I was useless at work the next day and then ended up getting a bad cold, ugh. On the plus side I slept like a dream this week.

I also had a pretty bad abdominal wall separation with DS but don't remember any pain at all.

I'm sure I'm the "winner" for weight gain, I've put on about 25 lbs. already, aaaah!! I started out between 115-120 lbs. For some reason I just pack it on while pregnant. Last time I naively thought the weight would just fall off as soon as I gave birth and couldn't have been more wrong - it took me about a year and a half to lose it all! This time I'm determined not to be so hard on myself. I splurged on a few pairs of nice maternity jeans because, let's face it, I'll be wearing them long after I give birth - there is no way I'm going to be putting on my size 4 pre-pregnancy jeans anytime soon.

I dont remember when I could wear normal clothes after giving birth. I didnt hold on to the weight but I dont remember how fast it fell off.
This time, I'm hoping by summer I'll be a medium again. That would give me February to June to get it together.

No insomnia for me, and hopefully it won’t be a problem later. Sorry, you can’t sleep well. I feel like it does take me a long time to actually fall asleep though. Then I have a hard time getting up
Baby girl likes to kick down in my cervix a lot. Does not feel good and almost feels like she can kick hard enough to poke her feet through. I know that isn’t possible but do you ever wonder how the amniotic sac is strong enough to withstand the strong kicks, especially when baby is much bigger the last few weeks? Seems like it should just tear right open!
We are all either past 24 weeks or super close! I know it wouldn’t be good for baby to come yet but I always think of 24 weeks as a little bit of a milestone. Obviously at least 37 weeks is my ultimate goal though I really hope to make it to my c-section date which will be around 39 weeks.

Literati sorry you’re still feeling so rough. I have days when I feel really awful but luckily not all the time. I’ve had some insomnia too - I seem to wake up at 4 no matter what.

Going for it - glad your journey home was better, and you’ve had time to recuperate! I’ve been drinking squash, water and the occasional fizzy drink. I don’t feel good about that though - I never drank them before pregnancy but they’ve been one of my cravings!

FitMama your ticker is mean! Lol!! Did make me laugh! I’ve put on nearly that much weight too. It’s horrible seeing all the nice clothes in the wardrobe and not knowing when they’ll fit again!

OnErth hope your tour goes well. I want to arrange one but not sure how, or whether I need to as all my appointments have been there, and I know the hospital quite well. I’d like to see the birthing pool though. I’m seeing the midwife this week so will ask.
I’ve gained a lot this pregnancy! Just under 20lbs I think. It’s getting me down but everyone says it doesn’t notice at all, so I guess maybe it’s just bump? I feel like my butt is growing too though! Lol! Well done on your weight so far! I’m sure you’ll be back to a medium by summer if you’re only gaining such a small amount!

Ashley that stomach pain sounds painful! I hope it’s improving now for you? Are you going to get it checked out?
I actually googled whether baby can kick through the cervix the other day! He’s doing in constantly! I can’t wait for him to turn round!
I’m 24 weeks on Wednesday and I’m counting the hours! It’s such a huge milestone I can’t wait. It’s lovely we’re all nearly at that stage.

Bumblebee hope you’re feeling better now too? Kidney infections are agony so it’s scary to think that stretching pains are similar!

I’ve been doing ok, still worrying! And the usual generally feeling very pregnant! Has anyone else not got a name yet? I feel so unprepared at the moment as still haven’t picked one, and also still can’t start the house which is driving me mad!

We have a name Red - Zachary James - but I feel like we've made very little progress otherwise. We still have a tonne of work to do on the nursery and we have busy weekends from now until Baby is here so don't ask me when we're going to get anything done, it's definitely stressing me out!

Are you still waiting on your dad to do the home repairs? If he's anything like my DH he'll either leave it until the very last minute or until you flip out, whichever comes first. Men!

If it makes you feel any better one of my friends never even thinks of names until her babies are here. :shrug: I could never do it because I'm way too type-A, but it seems to work for her and her husband, and none of their kids are nameless haha.

Ah that’s a lovely name :) is it a family name or did you find it? Sorry you’re stressed too! I hope you find some time to finish the nursery!
Yes still waiting on my dad. Have flipped out now but it’s not made any difference!
:)

Anyone else have low blood pressure? Just had my midwife appointment and it’s 90/58? Made me a bit worried. It’s been around 110/58 most of the pregnancy. I have felt faint and dizzy a few times but not every day or anything?

What did the midwife say Red? Maybe just check it at the drugstore here and there and make sure it doesn't drop too low?

I don't have any experience with low blood pressure. I have white coat syndrome so mine always goes up when they check it at the doctor's or Midwives. Last appointment it was 131/81 so the doctor told me to keep an eye on it. Checked it when I was out yesterday and it was 112/73. Betcha when the midwife checks it at my appointment on Thursday it will be elevated again, happens everytime!

How is everyone else doing?

Thank you :) mine normally goes up too! I hate appointments! She just said to call if I start getting headache or dizzy regularly, but actually I’ve been googling it and I don’t think it’s too bad. If it goes any lower than 90 that’s when it’s a worry. I’m glad yours has gone down now!

Hi everyone.

Sorry I've been absent of late, got my theory test for my driving lessons on Friday so have literally been revising at any given moment, which between doing that, looking after the kids and a poorly hubby, hasn't given me much spare time to check in.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've read a few messages but think it's been a few pages since I have last been on.

Weight wise, I am still 16lb less than what I was when I started out. I lost 20lb originally so only put around 4lbs on. I don't usually gain much if any weight in pregnancy though. Maybe because I was overweight to begin with?!

Red - yes my BP was low at my last app. I ended up making an emergency app with the midwife to see why I kept feeling faint and breathless. My BP was 90/58 which is low for me as mine is usually on the higher side, around 140/85. My midwife wasn't concerned. She said its better to be low than to be high and that there is nothing they can do.

She also diagnosed me with anemia so I am now on iron tablets along with my other meds.

Is everyone looking forward to Halloween? I know it's a lot bigger in America than it is here in the UK. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->