January 2020 Garnets

Ashley - you had low levels or high levels of lactobacillus? I’m a little confused from reading your post. Do you take a probiotic or something? Did they have any suggestions for how to proceed from here?

Also, sorry about your anxiety. I know I can definitely have those thoughts creep in at times. There are so many things that can go wrong in pregnancy, so it really is hard to keep your mind at ease fully.

OnErth - beautiful scan!

Pukite - glad to know I’m not the only one who hasn’t cleaned in 4 weeks! Haha. I’m happy to hear you’ve had a surge of energy. I could use one of those!

I have cleaned but not eat off the floor clean.

I know I'll still have anxiety but I hope it's less.

I'm going to a homebirth meeting tonight. Meeting my new doula tomorrow. Im finding homebirth is more emotional support set up than physical so far.

Ashley - you had low levels or high levels of lactobacillus? I’m a little confused from reading your post. Do you take a probiotic or something? Did they have any suggestions for how to proceed from here?

Also, sorry about your anxiety. I know I can definitely have those thoughts creep in at times. There are so many things that can go wrong in pregnancy, so it really is hard to keep your mind at ease fully.

OnErth - beautiful scan!

Pukite - glad to know I’m not the only one who hasn’t cleaned in 4 weeks! Haha. I’m happy to hear you’ve had a surge of energy. I could use one of those!

The levels were lowish in my urine. Normally I don’t think you actually have that in your urine. If it’s 100,000 per unit or more of any bacteria even that “good” kind it will mean an infection. But my levels were low and the nurse seemed to think it was cross-contamination. Like when I urinated into the cup, possibly a little vaginal discharge also went in? She said it’s the good kind that normally lives in our bodies. So although urine shouldn’t have any kind of flora or bacteria, if there was contamination while peeing into the cup then you would see some. But not high enough to register as an actual UTI. I am having more discharge lately so guess even with using the wipes before hand some could have washed in with my urine. No, I don’t take probiotics

Ashley - ah, that makes sense if it isn’t supposed to show up in your urine at all! Haha. That is weird there was cross contamination even when you checked again. Are they just going to leave it, then?

OnErth - that’s nice that there’s is lots of emotional support with home birth. Are you enjoying the process so far?

It's a little overwhelming but at the same time peaceful. Im happy with the choice. Overwhelming just because im trying to get the ball rolling and it's the process of waiting.

Yes, no treatment. I told the nurse I was nervous about it because UTIs during pregnancy can cause miscarriage if left untreated, but she said it isn’t an infection. The low numbers are most likely caused by cross contamination and the fact that I don’t have any symptoms I have had many bladder infections in the past and I have always felt them. I feel perfectly fine. I do still feel a tad nervous over it but I know most likely I don’t have one and I just need to relax.
Next time I go in at 12 weeks I will just make extra sure to really really clean super duper well right before I go in and wipe well with those special wipes.

Do you ladies have any pregnancy safe remedies for a stuffy nose/cold? I woke up this morning and I cant breath, or anything what I normally take I can't take now and I just feel yuck today.

Nasal rinses. It's just salt water and it works wonders. You can get preprepared ones at the chemist, or buy a netipot and you can just boil up some water and salt it yourself.

Makes a huge difference and no risks.

Congrats on the great scan OnErth!!

Hope you feel better stw93. I have found the Diclectin I take for nausea has also worked wonders on my sinuses (it's a antihistamine) and now I can actually breathe for the most part.

Have my first midwife appointment today! Feeling sentimental about it because this is the first time since my pregnancy with DS that I've made it to my first appointment. With my last 3 pregnancies I'd already miscarried by this point. Listened to Baby's heart thumping away on the doppler just now which makes me so happy. <3

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's a long weekend here so looking forward to sleeping in! :sleep:

Hi everyone, just catching up on all the messages. Beautiful scan pictures! I found out just why I've been feeling so bad, I had a symptomless uti which was making me super dizzy and sick etc.

Feeling better now the antibiotics have kicked in. I've cleaned from top to bottom today and even mowed the lawn.

Other than nausea I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself.

Bit of a gross question but is anyone else suffering constipation? Xx

Yes. I'd love to poop more than once every 3 days. It'd be a freaking dream.

Nope. All good in the poop area. Last year before surgery, I couldnt poop and then after, I had a fissure and couldnt poop either. I tried a squatty potty, etc. Oy. I hope the worst problem i have this pregnancy is hemorrhoids

Hi everyone, fab scan pics guys.

My poops have been a bit harder to get out lately, but when ive been backed up for a couple days I seem to go the other way when the blockage is out! Sorry if that's TMI. Been sooo thirsty lately though and that seems to be helping in the poop department.

I just got back from my scan. The baby was big ( measured 4 days ahead for some reason) and had a heartbeat, I was so relieved. But they spent ages trying to get the nuchal fold measurement but the baby wouldn't budge, so I left with no pictures :(. Bit sad about that coz I wanted to announce to people with the pic. But they will scan me again at 16 weeks. I'm just sooo happy the baby is OK. I feel like I can relax a bit now.

Ashley - That is understandable that you’re feeling a bit uneasy about it, but I’m sure they know what they’re doing. That’ll be good to be extra careful for the next test.

Fit Mama - so happy for you that your appointment went well!

Sophie - I had that for a while but it’s gone away.
Sorry to hear about the UTI but glad that is the source of your bad symptoms. That’s awesome you’re feeling better now. I can’t imagine getting an energy surge. I don’t think I had an energy surge for the entire 9 months with either of my daughters!

OnErth - ugh, I hear you on that as well and there’s not much you can do for them while prefnant

Yellow moon - glad the baby is ok, but sorry you didn’t get any pics! That’s disappointing. It is nice you’ll get another scan at 16 weeks!

I laugh at your tickers for baby size. A donut hole. Hehehe.

That doula meeting made me realize the 1st doula was a better fit.

Sorry to sound thick but what is a doula? Is it the English equivalent to a birth partner?

It's really hot where I am today and I have not enjoyed it. 31 degrees celcius which may seem not a lot but to us English is melting hot weather haha. I'm currently sat in front of my fan watching TV in bed.

How's everyone been today?

We have finally settled on names which seems super exciting. We have chose Mia for a girl and Connor for a boy.

Does anyone else have any names in mind? Xx

Hey all, sorry for being quiet, my anxiety is getting the better of me. I am reading along and loving the lovely scans and heartbeats.

I always thought doulas were more an American thing! I think they are very similar to a midwife, just not qualified, so yes like a birth partner.

I am having constipation! Although my symptoms have faded a lot and are very mild now. It’s worrying me. I actually had energy to do gardening and a nice dog walk today in this heat which has scared me. My next scan is 9 days away which feels like forever.

We’ve got a long list of names we’ve complied over the years to whittle down. If it’s a girl, it’ll be Alice as middle name. For a boy, it has to be William (which I really don’t like but it’s an in law family tradition). I like quirky names. I really like Forest as a boys name but hubby just associates it with Forest Gump so has vitoed it!

Hey all, sorry for being quiet, my anxiety is getting the better of me. I am reading along and loving the lovely scans and heartbeats.

I always thought doulas were more an American thing! I think they are very similar to a midwife, just not qualified, so yes like a birth partner.

I am having constipation! Although my symptoms have faded a lot and are very mild now. It’s worrying me. I actually had energy to do gardening and a nice dog walk today in this heat which has scared me. My next scan is 9 days away which feels like forever.

We’ve got a long list of names we’ve complied over the years to whittle down. If it’s a girl, it’ll be Alice as middle name. For a boy, it has to be William (which I really don’t like but it’s an in law family tradition). I like quirky names. I really like Forest as a boys name but hubby just associates it with Forest Gump so has vitoed it!
Anxiety sucks! I'm sure everything is just fine. My symptoms have lessened a lot over the past 2-3 days. I just keep reminding myself that they will the closer to 12 weeks we get. I bet you can't wait for your scan. Will this be your '12 week scan'?

I love the name forest but being from Nottingham it wouldnt be appropriate as our football team is Nottingham forest lol. I really liked Jett too but my oh hated it. Alice is my sisters name and I love it, other than my sister I have never heard of another. Either as a 1st name or a middle name. X

Glad your scan went so well after such a long wait Yellowmoon, but sorry they weren't able to give you a pic. Do you have to go back or were they able to get all the measurements they needed?

J.D. I also am only pooping once every 3 days. I have one day of progesterone left so really hoping it comes to an end.

Red_head I'm also finding that I'm having some good days mixed with the bad ones now where I can actually get things done and be a proper mother to DS, whereas before they were all bad.

For a boy we like Zachary, and for a girl we like Liana. Actually DH is not 100% sold on Liana, but he doesn't like any other girl names either so I figure it's my choice hahaha.

Fit Mama my sister’s name is Liana! I’ve never met anyone else with the name :) what a coincidence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->