January 2020 Garnets

Hi ladies can I join please? I spent a couple weeks in the December thread but had my dating scan yesterday and I've been pushed back from 13+6 to 12+1, so new due date is 10/01/2019. There's a pic of my scan on my journal! :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all, already recognise a few faces :lol:

xo

Welcome Blueskai.

I feel all of you that have anxiety. It sure makes me have intrusive thoughts that I just get hung up on instead of just letting them go Thankfully, in general my anxiety isn’t too bad right now. I had a very very bad period about 18 months ago where it was so severe that it felt like I was in a constant panic attack and it lasted for months. I was miserable. Every once in a while something triggers it and I feel I am about to fall over the edge again but thankfully I’ve found some techniques to keep it at bay before I end up having an anxiety attack. Once I get one it’s game over But that doesn’t mean I don’t mini episodes. My first bleed at 5 weeks I kept waking feeling like I was going to have an attack. My whole body just felt weird and I was getting these zaps of what felt like a weird rush of electricity mixed with I don’t know what. I know that sounds insane and it felt so weird! I don’t even know how to describe it. But anxiety attack’s can do weird things to your body in a physical nature. Sorry for the novel.

A doula is not like a midwife . A midwife can do medical stuff. A doula is purely emotional support and never allowed to do medical.

Girl name is already decided by me. Boy middle name is decided but not first. DH is picking boy name.

We went to the zoo today and even at 9w5d, I about died from the heat. Oy.

Omg Sophie, I am dying in this heat wave. I hate it. I've been in my room with the curtains closed and my fan on haha.

Sorry about the anxiety Red and Ashley. It really sucks and the hormones don't help with it either. Mine was pretty bad too up til Friday, I had a bit of a bleed around 5/6 weeks and I had convinced myself if meant something bad. Starting to feel a bit better now. Hope you do too soon xx

Fitmama- they said they will do another scan when I'm 16 weeks and do some more measurements then, but I think I missed the window for Down syndrome screening. I'm not too to worried about that kind of thing anyway, what ever will be will be and if there are any major issues I should know about I'm sure the 20 week anomaly scan will tell me.

Yellow moon - yes, we won’t be getting the 12 week scan either. I’m glad your anxiety is dying down.

Ashley - sorry to hear about your anxiety troubles. That is really weird about that feeling of electricity going through you. Anxiety can definitely create some odd symptoms like that.

OnErth - sorry you were dying from the heat! We have picked out a boy name but don’t have a girl name.

Blueskai - welcome here! That’s kind of interesting how your change in due dates meant you had to switch months and threads! Hope you don’t miss your December thread too much. How are you feeling?

Welcome Blueskai :)

Gorgeous scan pics girls and I'm so pleased all is okay :)

We have a 12 and 20 week scan here in the UK but I am being consultant led due to previous c section so will find out in time what that entails.

Does anyone else have moments of just not feeling pregnant anymore? It's 2 weeks until my scan now and I've not been sick for 2 days which has got me worrying. I know I should be considering it a blessing but human nature to worry isn't it. I am still exhausted. Had a lovely afternoon nap today as when my daughter (23 months today) went for a nap it just hit me.

Sophie as I'm in Scotland we've had some heat but nothing compared to down South. I've been counting my blessings we live here as I usually love the sun but it's even been too much here these last few days. Today was cooler as we had a thunder storm last night!

We have a 12 and 20 week scan here in the UK but I am being consultant led due to previous c section so will find out in time what that entails.
Is a previous section your only risk factor? I am consultant led due to being high risk and normally you simply get some of your scheduled midwife appts relaced with consultant appointments instead.

I’m consultant led too - I don’t see them until I’m 14 weeks and then I think last time I saw them only as and when needed? I still had all my midwife appointments. I think you get extra scans as standard though?

I’m right on the south coast been sweltering! Think I over did it yesterday as I had some energy and spent a lot of the day outside but today I’ve been so tired and nauseas I’ve slept the day away!
Goingforit I’ve had a few days where I’ve not felt pregnant anymore which has really panicked me. Today I do feel it again luckily- almost too much so lol!

Thanks ladies! I didn't really expect such a drastic difference in dates but I'm just happy all looked good at the minute. Been feeling pretty tired today so I just chilled and now I'm waiting on a takeaway to eat while I watch Love Island :lol:

I defo had a period of time around 10 weeks (was actually 8-9 weeks) when I was lacking in symptoms and I was worried. But they came back which was reassuring even if I did feel rotten again :lol: Before my scan I was definitely starting to doubt whether there was anything there at all :haha:

xo

I too start to wonder sometimes if I’m even pregnant anymore. There are just times it doesn’t feel real. It’s kind of hard to go 4 weeks being checked when you are early on and can’t feel baby moving yet etc. I feel nauseous almost constantly but when it’s more mild I start to question how things are going in there. Just wish I was already out of 1st tri. I really don’t like this trimester. Too much feeling like crap and too much worry

Totally agree about the worry in first tri! Thought I was out of it but here I am :lol: and now I have to wait longer for my next midwife appointment :dohh:

xo

I have 2 weeks until I meet my new OB, then a whole month until the midwife! I guess she could come sooner but with my OB appointment, it seemed overkill since theyd be doing the same things.

I don't feel pregnant sometimes and other times I do.

I’m consultant led too - I don’t see them until I’m 14 weeks and then I think last time I saw them only as and when needed? I still had all my midwife appointments. I think you get extra scans as standard though?
It really depends on why you are consultant led. I get my first consultant appt at 16 weeks, so don't have the 16 week midwife check (the hospital do all the same checks the midwife would do). I think I see my consultant approx 3 to 4 times throughout the pregnancy. I do get extra scans but again it really depends on why you are consultant led. If a previous section is your only risk factor then you may get an extra scan towards the end simply to make sure the placenta isn't covering the scar, but they wouldn't do too many extra scans.

Totally agree about the worry in first tri! Thought I was out of it but here I am :lol: and now I have to wait longer for my next midwife appointment :dohh:

xo
We had this with our last pregnancy - you think you are nearly done with first tri then they put your dates back!

As long as everything is ok though that is all that matters :) Nice to have you join us!

My best friend was consultant led for her last 3 pregnancies as she had a section with her twins. She never got any extra scan or anything which was sad. She had to see them at 16 weeks and I think 35 to make her birth choice and to book another section etc but she went natural.

I'm consultant led this time due to my kidney disease. I seen them at 6 weeks and will see them next week. Then I don't think I see them again until 20 weeks. I get growth scans at 28, 32, 36 and 39 weeks as apparently I'm more at risk of a small baby. Even though my last baby was 8lb8oz, 9 days early.

How much did all of you (if you know) and your previous babies weigh.
I was 6lb 14oz at 38+5
My oh was 10lb 6oz at 40+6

My son was 6lb15oz at 40+3
My daughter was 8lb8oz at 38+6 x

Is a previous section your only risk factor? I am consultant led due to being high risk and normally you simply get some of your scheduled midwife appts relaced with consultant appointments instead.

I had a loop cone in 2012 for CiN3 cells so that's another factor but it wasn't an issue for my last pregnancy. That's all she said though but I'm not sure what other factors make you consultant led tbh.

Thank you for all of your responses; it seems we all have our worry moments of am I pregnant. I was sick again last night so fx all is okay. I definitely think it still all feels too good to be true. I feel so lucky to have another baby on the way.

RedHead I hope you are taking it easy today. I've moved from Southampton to Scotland about 14 months ago and it's definitely a lot warmer down there! Well it's meant to be a temporary assignment with my husband's work but it's looking likeat least 3 years now. We move house a week on Friday as the current landlorrds are returning home.

Blueskai I am another Love Island fan!! Is it really sad that I can't wait for tonight's episode. Curtis...whoa! Rock the villa.

Serenyx thank you. It seems that it may vary and not mean much. Most importantly they will see me if they need to.

Sophie I was 2 42 weeks ans 7lb 14
My daughter was 41+3 at 9lb 8oz.
Yes I know they want me to VBAC but I am unsure atm what is best. It is definitely a big discussion to have. My husband is very adament I go for a section but I think that's because it was more traumatic for him watching me in labour. They basically tried and failed vontous and foreceps before our emergency section and I lost a lot of blood and baby had high infection markers so we were in hospital with an iv antibiotic drip for 5 days. They even tried and failed a lumbar puncture when she was 4 days old.

But who knows what will happen!

Thank you for all of your responses; it seems we all have our worry moments of am I pregnant. I was sick again last night so fx all is okay. I definitely think it still all feels too good to be true. I feel so lucky to have another baby on the way.

RedHead I hope you are taking it easy today. I've moved from Southampton to Scotland about 14 months ago and it's definitely a lot warmer down there! Well it's meant to be a temporary assignment with my husband's work but it's looking likeat least 3 years now. We move house a week on Friday as the current landlorrds are returning home.

Blueskai I am another Love Island fan!! Is it really sad that I can't wait for tonight's episode. Curtis...whoa! Rock the villa.

Serenyx thank you. It seems that it may vary and not mean much. Most importantly they will see me if they need to.

Sophie I was 2 42 weeks ans 7lb 14
My daughter was 41+3 at 9lb 8oz.
Yes I know they want me to VBAC but I am unsure atm what is best. It is definitely a big discussion to have. My husband is very adament I go for a section but I think that's because it was more traumatic for him watching me in labour. They basically tried and failed vontous and foreceps before our emergency section and I lost a lot of blood and baby had high infection markers so we were in hospital with an iv antibiotic drip for 5 days. They even tried and failed a lumbar puncture when she was 4 days old.

But who knows what will happen!
Wow that sounds very scary. Do what you feel is best. I suppose there are many pros and cons for a vbac and the same for a section. The consultant should talk it all through with you and maybe that will help you to make your mind up. I'm having my 1st section this time. Super scared of the unknown but love the fact that's its all planned so we can sort the other kids out and a lot less stressful than actual labour even though I know the recovery will be worse. X

I dont know my weight or DH.

Ds was 6.3lb at 36wks
Dd1 was 5.8lbs at 36wks
Dd2 was 7.0lbs at 40wks

I make small babies

DS was 7lbs exact at 37 weeks
DD was 5lbs 9oz at 35 weeks

I am sure if I made it full term I would have bigger babies! We will see what happens with this little bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->