January 2020 Garnets

I have definitely got a lot of bloat, I don't know how I will keep this pregnancy under wraps. I don't have my next scan until the 18th July. I am consultant led too.
Not feeling many symptoms at all
Just see what happens at the scan I guess.
I will be keeping the gender a surprise this time too

Sophie that's not long at all until your scan! Eek

Robo That's such a good attitude to have. Eek...do you feel you are showing quicker than with your boy?

Anyone else having brown discharge? It noticed some yesterday at 10+1 and more today :-/ I know it can be totally normal but it makes me feel nervous. I've had pains im my abdomen too but I was hoping they were just everything stretching!

Hey all -

@blueskai I added you to the original post. Let me know if you want me to add more info there.

For those of you suffering with anxiety - I suffer from an anxiety disorder generally and one thing I avoid as a *habit* is caffeine. I do however tend to let myself have a coke when I'm out for dinner (I'm teetotal so it's my only vice!). I happened to go out for dinner two days in a row about a month ago. The anxiety was absolutely batshit. I couldn't sleep. I genuinely thought I was going to have to check myself in somewhere. Eventually it passed, and my doctor told me pregnant women metabolise caffeine way slower than normal so it can make things bad. I hope that helps.
My only treat is gone! But at least I won't be going through that again.

All is good over here. Expecting panorama results this or next week. Bump is becoming very obvious to me when I am sitting. I'm fat, so it's hard to tell, but I can feel that unyielding thing in my tummy. And at pride on the weekend, my back got sore really quickly when I was standing still listening to the speeches.

I was able to eat a lobster roll though, and that made me deliriously happy. Nausea now off and on, which is a relief.

Going to a Janelle Monae gig tomorrow night! How brave am I?

I have literally one thing I can wear now - an enormous tunic dress, but when the wind blows, the belly becomes pretty obvious.

Just had my booking in appointment with the midwife. It’s the same person that I had last time which was hard, but she’s lovely and very good at what she does. She’s also had a loss at 13 weeks before she had her twins so she knows what it’s like. So I’m happy. It’s the 16 week appointment that’s going to be torture, as that’s when she couldn’t find the heart beat on the doppler.
Anyway, I’ve got a check up scan on Monday and then my official dating scan on the 19th. So hopefully those will go well and my anxiety will settle a bit. I quite caffeine a couple years ago due to anxiety JD - that is good advice! It does make a difference! Sorry you’ve had to give up your vice! But maybe have fun finding another lol! Mine is ice cream at the moment! I’ve had about 1 a day!! But I don’t eat cheese or milk so it’s probablt a good thing getting the calcium (or so I tell myself!).

Going for it sorry to hear that - can you go for a reassurance scan? My EPU said that if I have any bleeding etc I should call and go in. Fingers crossed it’s all okay! It’s probably from the cervix especially if you’re having growing pains xx

Goingforit- I am definitely showing more, with my boy I hid it from everyone until 26 weeks even then people were shocked. I'm probably the size now as what I was at 22ish weeks

JD I'm with you on anxiety and caffeine... The less tea/coke I have the better my anxiety is.
Red- everything is sounding really positive, it's so hard to not give in to the anxiety but you sound to be doing amazing!!!

Ladies this group is fab so glad I'm not the only one that bloated and showing at 10 weeks haha xx

I don’t have brown discharge but I have yellow discharge all of the time! But I’ve had it with all of my pregnancies. Kind of freaked me out with my second pregnancy even though I had it with my first too. But I swear with each pregnancy it comes on sooner. I’ve had it a couple weeks now but it’s been more the last few days.

I don’t have brown discharge but I have yellow discharge all of the time! But I’ve had it with all of my pregnancies. Kind of freaked me out with my second pregnancy even though I had it with my first too. But I swear with each pregnancy it comes on sooner. I’ve had it a couple weeks now but it’s been more the last few days.
Omg I'm glad someone else is having this problem! I thought it was me and I had an infection or something lol! Xx

@goingforit I know a lot of people on progesterone get a brown/purplish discharge. I've had it off and on this time. But if you're worried definitely try and get a reassurance scan!

Had my 12 week scan today. Baby was very uncooperative curled up in a ball so took a while to get measurements, had to go for walks and lie on my side during scan but got it eventually! Lovely healthy baby measuring 3 days ahead so 13+1 today and due date officially changed to 6th January.

I’ve been struggling with sickness all day today after a few good days so just a quick update tonight, sorry can’t reply to everyone will catch up properly tomorrow x

07E15A48-325D-4C38-945B-EE41EE760CF2.jpeg

Hiya, I just found this thread and my lo is due January 1st, and is my second pregnancy, not including losses. Found out I was pregnant on Easter morning, right after my daughter and bonus daughter got their baskets lol

JD - LOL at your corn on the cob comment!

Beadle - Welcome here! Easter must have been a nice time to get your BFP! How are you feeling?

Anababe - beautiful scan! Sorry you’re feeling sick again after a few days of reprieve. I hope you start feeling better all of the time soon!

Red head - glad you’re eating a lot of ice cream for calcium. ;) I always make myself feel better with that as well. I actually haven’t even been craving ice cream. :/ But I’m sure the cravings will start soon enough. Glad your booking in appointment went well.

Last night I started craving steak tacos. We had them for dinner. YuM....

Dd1 decided to move to the basement so her old room will now be the nursery! We will co sleep of course but the baby will have a room. I've NEVER decorated a nursery. All the kids have always shared a room. Even with DS, he never had his own room, he shared with me since I lived with family/friends until DH and I got married and then by then dd1 was here.

Welcome Beadle

I had to run to the store to get dinner and came so close to throwing up many times. Not sure why it felt extra bad tonight. I had my 10 yr old with me and my kids don’t know I’m pregnant so sometimes it’s hard to hide that I’m nauseous. I told her we needed to hurry because I felt hot lol.
Anyone have cravings yet? I have only craved fruits and cheese so far. But I can’t have dairy. I have an allergy to milk protein and I continued to eat dairy anyway. Then when it took forever to get pregnant I wondered if that was why. So I cut it out and was pregnant 4 months later. It could totally not even be the reason why. But now I don’t dare eat it in case it causes me inflammation in my uterus etc. I hardly craved any milk products until I got pregnant. Now I crave it so much. I want pizza, I want fettuccini Alfredo, ice cream etc. I am totally not wanting chocolate which i normally eat so much of! It just sounds gross. Had this with my 3rd pregnancy too and didn’t start liking it again until a few weeks after baby was born.

Oh and loving the ultrasound Anababe. So fun to see baby looking like a real tiny human!
JD that’s funny. Wonder if the ultrasound machine you use is outdated and not as sensitive. I felt like that with my 8 week. It was just a blob will most others at least had some shape

You can get dairy free of those though. Isnt the exact taste but similar! We were Jewish and I had to use dairy free and meat free.

Anababe - beautiful scan picture! I'm so excited for next Thursday when my baby will actually look like a baby haha.

JD - I think I laughed way harder than I should at the corn on the cob reference, I totally get it :lol::lol:

Welcome to the thread Beadle. It's nice to have some people who are due early January now as when the group started there was hardly anyone due at the beginning. X

You can get dairy free of those though. Isnt the exact taste but similar! We were Jewish and I had to use dairy free and meat free.
Dairy free pizza? Is it gross? I know there’s dairy free ice cream made with different nut milks or coconut milk. I need to try one. But I’m scared to try non dairy cheese. Not even sure where to get it honestly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->