January Jelly Beans 2014!

Talked to my doc yesterday as I wanted to see if it was normal to be havibg bh contx this early. She saysI have an iirritable uterus and that its not bh. Part of me wanted to slap her thru the phone. This us my fourth... pretty sure I know what bh feel like. Plus if you Google irritable uterus it says theyre bh. Seriously. I dont like relying on Google because theres so much misinformation. Oh well... guess since its not painful and im not spotting then its ok. I see her Friday so I will talk to her then. Anyone heard of irritable uterus before? ? Just makes me uneasy since ive had two preterm deliveries.

When I was pregnant with DS, I ended up in the hospital because I had crazy back pains/spasms. They hooked me up to the machines and ended up telling me I had an irritable uterus and said it was caused by dehydration :shrug: I made sure to drink plenty of water after that!

So... been gone for a bit because we're at a family reunion.
Ashleyy84- my pregnant friend got an online prenatal subscription she likes

AFM- I've had heat related issues the last couple days, but last night and now I'm having HORRIBLE INDIGESTION. Not just upset stomach or nausea- it's like stomach and intestinal pain that goes up into my chest. Last night it woke me up. It's like I want to arch my back just to give my guts more room. Tonight I haven't gone to bed yet and it's really bad. Any suggestions? I've never experienced anything like this. I haven't felt like actually throwing up (although I'm pretty close as the moment) just crazy pressure.
Anybody? I'm miserable.

melann sorry that you are suffering maybe try sleeping propped up with pillows it's not comfy but you might be able to rest a bit. I'm having issues with getting comfortable I use a body pillow and still it seems I toss and turn all night I know it's only going to get worse

ladies I need your advice.. am usually not a big coffee drinker but for the last week I have been having a cup at night with my hubby but I put a lot of milk in it I can't drink decaf bc I don't like the taste of it hence the ton of milk in reg. is this bad or should I stop drinking it :( just to add this baby is taking after his daddy my hubby loves his coffee (he drinks at least 3 cups some days) and warm milk like I said am not a big fan but can't seem to control myself

melann sorry that you are suffering maybe try sleeping propped up with pillows it's not comfy but you might be able to rest a bit. I'm having issues with getting comfortable I use a body pillow and still it seems I toss and turn all night I know it's only going to get worse

ladies I need your advice.. am usually not a big coffee drinker but for the last week I have been having a cup at night with my hubby but I put a lot of milk in it I can't drink decaf bc I don't like the taste of it hence the ton of milk in reg. is this bad or should I stop drinking it :( just to add this baby is taking after his daddy my hubby loves his coffee (he drinks at least 3 cups some days) and warm milk like I said am not a big fan but can't seem to control myself

My OB told me 1-2 small cups a day once you hit second tri is ok. I never had that much, but it was nice to be reassured.
I don't think one cup a day is bad, I've heard many girls say they couldn't live without their morning coffee :) but you have to do what makes you comfortble :) :)

My OB and every OB I've ever seen has said that up to 3 cups of caffeine is fine. I've stayed away from all caffeine but I've been craving coffee so badly! I had coffee twice this week, delicious!!

hope everyone is doing well. Been a bit concerned over the last couple of days as had a bit of light pink spotting (TMI - after using, or trying to use, the toilet), can still find heart beat on doppler so don't think I need to be too concerned? Got our scan on Wednesday so hopefully that will reassure me!

This is our first and dh and i were bored today so we went to baby's r us. ...learned lots and were overwhelmed but excited.

I loved our first trip to Babies r Us. I felt like a little kid in a candy store :haha: Did you end up buying anything?

Ok ladies...I have a tmi question for those of you with kiddos already. There is an awesome deal coming up at CVS on tena pads. I'm not familiar with the brand, I believe they are used for incontinence. After I have had the baby, do you think those types of pads will be ok? I know the bleeding can be quite heavy, but if the pads are made for bladder issues...it seems like they could handle blood as well? If you're familiar with couponing, the cvs deal with coupons will actually be about a $17 MM. Plus you'll have plenty of pads to use or donate. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hakuna- its not that my doc wasnt helpful. . We didn't gave an appt and it was just an informal quick convo. I see her Fri and will def reiterate my concerns. Ive known her for 10yrs now.. one of her firdt patients actually. She knows i'm not a hypochondriac. I cant remember now who said they had an irritable uterus.. you said it didn't feel like bh to you. So what did it feel like? Mine DEF feels like bh. Maybe I'll get an extra scan out of this :) lol

Ok ladies...I have a tmi question for those of you with kiddos already. There is an awesome deal coming up at CVS on tena pads. I'm not familiar with the brand, I believe they are used for incontinence. After I have had the baby, do you think those types of pads will be ok? I know the bleeding can be quite heavy, but if the pads are made for bladder issues...it seems like they could handle blood as well? If you're familiar with couponing, the cvs deal with coupons will actually be about a $17 MM. Plus you'll have plenty of pads to use or donate. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

If its a good deal then go for it. You'll be changing your paf so frequently after delivery that brand etc wont really make a bit of difference. Stock up on nursing pads too!!

Thanks! I think ill go for it since they'll be paying me to buy them anyway, lol. I figure if they don't work or I hate them, I can always donate the rest of the packs to a nursing home or something.

Yay! 15weeks today! :happydance:

Lindsay,
Go for it.
Dear your status says TTC

Well it's finally the big day! My scan has finally arrived! Can't wait to see my little baby. I am anxious too but I know that's normal. I think I feel a bit more anxious this time than I did with my son for some reason. Anyway best go and start getting up as the appt is at 10.30 x

Well it's finally the big day! My scan has finally arrived! Can't wait to see my little baby. I am anxious too but I know that's normal. I think I feel a bit more anxious this time than I did with my son for some reason. Anyway best go and start getting up as the appt is at 10.30 x

Hope your scan went well :) x

Hello ladies

Hope everyone is well

I had a strange night. Got woke up at 2.30am with pain in around my pubic area only lasted on and off for about 30 mins then nothing went to toilet and wasnt bleeding so thinking just a bad case of round ligiment pain which i really havent had much of. was able to sleep for the rest of the night with no more pain and non since Ive got up so dont think its anything to worry about. I have MW in a week so looking forward to hearing peanuts heartbeat :) x

If its a good deal then go for it. You'll be changing your paf so frequently after delivery that brand etc wont really make a bit of difference. Stock up on nursing pads too!!

I would avoid anything but maternity pads as mat pads are designed to help heal and not cause infection. The tena pads will likely have a plastic backing/ sticky bit, which you shouldn't have as everything needs to 'breathe' down there. Also anything but mat pads can get caught in stitches if you need them as they're made from a different material. Just imo though :flower:

had 12 week scan today! All good, measuring 3 days ahead (new due date 28.1.14) and we have a very wriggly baby! Very happy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->