January Jelly Beans 2014!

Goldstns I live in Basalt 10 min from Carbondale :) Sometimes I wish I lived closer to a city but I love the mountains

Salamander hop it's the baby's hb you found :)

To be honest I am not sure if they are in Basalt or Cabondale. They live really close to Kathrines Corner right off 85.

What does your husband or you do? My mom is a kitchen/bathroom interior designer. She actually just got laid off because her company shut down. So she's looking for new work.[/]

Yeah Catherine's Store is close by about five min from me :) I'm a night manager at a Lodge in Basalt and my hubby works in landscaping up in the Aspen/Snowmass mansions but currently it seems there's always some party going on so he's been barely working it sucks but when he does work he's barely home

Ladies so happy to see all the good scans and updates makes me so excited for mine in a few weeks since yesterday's apt I have felt like this weight has been lifted off my shoulders am really starting to let of the fear and begin enjoying being pregnant

It's so great to see all the lovely scan pics! Had our scan last Sunday and all is well, even thought I'd convinced myself it wasn't. NT test and bloods were all great too so in starting to relax a little.

DH has gone DIY mad since the scan, he said it didn't feel real until then so we now have paint and tools everywhere, holes in 2 walls for a new log burner stove and a new access door to our garage! Men are so funny.

I've been really suffering in the mini-heat wave here in the uk, hot nights have made my nausea/sickness really bad so I'm really tired this week. Fingers crossed all the icky pg symptoms will reduce in 2nd tri.

Anyone else feeling worse now than they did early on?

It's so great to see all the lovely scan pics! Had our scan last Sunday and all is well, even thought I'd convinced myself it wasn't. NT test and bloods were all great too so in starting to relax a little.

DH has gone DIY mad since the scan, he said it didn't feel real until then so we now have paint and tools everywhere, holes in 2 walls for a new log burner stove and a new access door to our garage! Men are so funny.

I've been really suffering in the mini-heat wave here in the uk, hot nights have made my nausea/sickness really bad so I'm really tired this week. Fingers crossed all the icky pg symptoms will reduce in 2nd tri.

I totally feel the same, from 10 weeks until now I have felt the worst and had the worst sickness, I think it's the placenta taking over and should improve over the next few weeks...I HOPE! I have had enough of the heat too, usually I would enjoy it but its stopping me sleeping. It's meant to be 35c next week!!!

Heat is bothering me too, we only have one fan in the house and Parker has it in her room as she has the smallest room and it gets boiling in there so she needs it.

I'm currently sleeping on DS's bottom bunk as we've had an outbreak of fleas in the house so between being paranoid that I've got fleas on me and sleeping on a really uncomfy bed, I'm sleeping like crap. Oh and I've been ill for the last week, feeling thoroughly fed up with it all now.

On the plus side, I'm feeling a lot better pregnancy symptom wise, sickness has really eased off :)

There's me :-(
I didn't have much ms in my first trimester. It has come up now,although its mostly dry gagging. Plus the tiredness,backache and the abdominal cramps occur much frequently now. Feel like lying down all day :-( Hoping it'll go away soon

Fx for you :hugs:

Talked to my doc yesterday as I wanted to see if it was normal to be havibg bh contx this early. She saysI have an iirritable uterus and that its not bh. Part of me wanted to slap her thru the phone. This us my fourth... pretty sure I know what bh feel like. Plus if you Google irritable uterus it says theyre bh. Seriously. I dont like relying on Google because theres so much misinformation. Oh well... guess since its not painful and im not spotting then its ok. I see her Friday so I will talk to her then. Anyone heard of irritable uterus before? ? Just makes me uneasy since ive had two preterm deliveries.

Same here felt pretty good most of first tri but now am dry heaveing, tired all the time and with the heat moody my dr said the more tired you are the worse nausea is that many pregnant women sleep between 10-12 hours, impossible for me after 5-6 I'm wide awake but try to take naps before work but am tired either way :shrug:

My hubby is doing the same thing he told me last night he's cleaning the whole apartment that I better check what's lying around or it's going in the trash I have been asking him to do some of these things for awhile now :dohh: but can't complain at least he's getting it done.

SB don't know much about bh or irritable uterus but honestly we know our bodies better than the dr

SB, I feel the doctor should feel more concerned as you've history of preterm. When you visit her,let her know firmly how you feel

I find it hard to tell... I came down with a cold about a week ago and am stuffy and tired because of that, plus the heat here, not sleeping so well... I'm not sure how I'd be feeling from the pregnancy itself without all that! Heh. I can say that the nausea has pretty much been completely gone the last little while. *knocks on wood*

Looking at maternity clothes online (not many places to buy them around here)--I'm not technically showing yet bit I'm so bloated I can't fit into any of my pants and most of my dresses now! Have the Bella Band but the pants are getting tight in the thighs now too so not really comfortable even with the button undone. Anyone have brands they'd recommend?

Talked to my doc yesterday as I wanted to see if it was normal to be havibg bh contx this early. She saysI have an iirritable uterus and that its not bh. Part of me wanted to slap her thru the phone. This us my fourth... pretty sure I know what bh feel like. Plus if you Google irritable uterus it says theyre bh. Seriously. I dont like relying on Google because theres so much misinformation. Oh well... guess since its not painful and im not spotting then its ok. I see her Friday so I will talk to her then. Anyone heard of irritable uterus before? ? Just makes me uneasy since ive had two preterm deliveries.

I have read (but probably on google so don't quote me) that we have BH the whole time but our uterus is too small to "feel it" early on. Apparently it does it all the time in preparation for labour but as you have had 4 pregnancies you know what it feels like so can obviously recognise it earlier...

I decided to go to the ER last night because my OB never returned my call. I had gone in for two reasons, the first was that I was in severe low back, pelvis and low stomach pain that was constant and nothing helped. The second reason was because I'm very dehydrated and I've thrown up everything the last few days, however when I got home I managed to keep some down. :thumbup:

It was a total waste of time, I was there for 5 1/2 hours! When I first got in the nurse tried to find the heartbeat for at least 30 minutes and could only find mine, I would I've been really upset but I could feel baby moving. She then said sorry and left the room, no one came in or checked on me for 3 more hours. They did no test- urine, blood or IV and I was clearly showing the obvious signs of dehydration.

The doctor finally came in and sat in a chair across the room and asked three question:
1. Are you throwing up? (duh!!) Yes.
2. Are you having diarrhea? No
3. And you're having bad back, pelvic and stomach pain? Yes.

Then he said "I see.. You have the stomach bug because you're throwing up and the throwing up caused the pain"

Are you kidding me right now.. I had the pain before throwing first all and I've had nausea/vomiting the whole pregnancy. He didn't feel my stomach or do anything. He just sat in the chair, asked those three questions, decided I had a stomach bug because I threw up and then left the room.

The guy nurse (didn't see him) talked to me and could tell I was very dehydrated, he told me when he works and to come back in whenever to get an IV. Don't understand why they couldn't have done it while I was in there 5+ hours. :shrug:

Anyways, I'm feeling really crampy in my stomach today and still having low back pain so I'm going to make an appointment for this week.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. You can definitely have bh this early!! I have also gone into several preterm labors and have a history of pprom- delivered one preterm. Irritable uterus (to me) feels nothing like BH and I actually didn't notice anything with mine. Since you have delivered two premature babies they should be monitoring you closer and planning things to prevent another preterm labor. It's excellent that you aren't bleeding or in pain though. :thumbup:

I do!! I suffered severe nausea and I've only thrown up once in first trimester however I have lost 25 pounds. My severe nausea never eased up and the last 3 weeks have been a nightmare. This week I started throwing up the few things I've been able to eat!

Wow Radiance sorry they weren't more helpful. Hope you're feeling better soon. :hugs:

SB sorry to hear your doctor wasn't helpful. I've never heard of irritable uterus. I hope you don't end up with a preterm delivery. :hugs:

Despttc sorry you're not feeling well. :hugs:

Everyone else hope you stay cool in this heat :hugs:

Radiance, I hope you hear from your OB soon or have an apt. really soon. It is hard to rehydrate after throwing it all up.

SB, so far I've gotten several of the ruched shirts at Target for pretty cheap and a pair of capris that I don't like, but they are super comfy. I don't like the bottoms at Motherhood either, it seems like the elastic waist (which is beige) comes down really far so that it may be noticeable. I ordered some dresses from asos.com and was satisfied with what I got. They have a great maternity section, but I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering bottoms without trying on. It's midrange prices but I was able to get a few things on sale. I wish Old Navy had an in-store maternity section!

So...I had an interesting experience yesterday. It started off scary, but ended up being a very happy day. I went to my second apt. yesterday where I was supposed to just listen for the hb and talk to my doc. Well, two nurses could not find the hb and I was freaking out. I waited nearly an hour to get an u/s, BUT I did get the u/s and got to see my little one! It was amazing to start to see the features and I got some jumps, kicks, and what I have interpreted as a wave!

Does anyone have any prenatal yoga videos they like? I wish there was a class nearby but between two yoga studios, a university recreation center, and several gyms around town I haven't been able to find one.

Oh my what a scare with the HB, so glad everything checked out with the ultrasound :hugs:

This is our first and dh and i were bored today so we went to baby's r us. ...learned lots and were overwhelmed but excited.

This is our first and dh and i were bored today so we went to baby's r us. ...learned lots and were overwhelmed but excited.

Ahhh! That store was so overwhelming for DH and I when we went to register for DS. I remember thinking, "Ok, we'll start with pacifiers, that's easy". And we found ourselves in front of a GIANT wall with about 4759272057201 pacifiers!! :haha: Too many options, if you ask me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->