January Jelly Beans 2014!

Awesome! My next appointment is August 5th and they said they would do a scan then - I am really hoping to find out the gender then! I'll be 16 + 3 on August 5th.

Awesome...thank you!! I will definitely update as soon as my appointment is over! :)

On a totally random, whiny, off topic, venting, note... One of my best friends is driving me crazy right now. I love her to pieces but there are times when she's not excactly a mature grown up and wants everyone else to handle her business. She recently started seeing a new fella and they ended up having sex rather quickly and they didn't use a condom. She is on birth control and has had a period so she isn't worried about being pregnant but is worried about possible stds and rightfully so. Se called today asking if I would call the health department, schedule her an appointment for tomorrow, and take her the appointment because she can't drive right now. My husband and I are leaving Friday for vacation, which she knows. I've also been struggling with some new nausea/vomiting recently (I think it's related to my prenatal vitamin all of a sudden) and she knows that as well. I told her I would call, but the health department won't see her because she has insurance. I sent her a text to tell her, and the proceeded to throw up in a laundry basket in the laundry room. Minutes later, she calls and asks me to call planned parenthood. Now, it takes me 30 mins to get to her house, 30 mins to get to the clinic, 30 minutes back to her house, 30 mins back to my house so it isn't like a short 5 minute errand. I also have a pedi scheduled for tomorrow which I am not canceling to take her to go check her vag for creepy crawlies...sorry! So I go ahead and call planned parenthood and they aren't able to get her in until Aug 6th. I call her back to tell her tha and she goes, "omg, what should do? Tell me what to do?" I told her to either wait until her appointment or call her regular obgyn and scheduled something with her. She still acted like she had no clue what to do but I sure as he'll am not offerig to drive her anywhere farther than that! I'm sure my hormones are coming into play, but ugh! I love her but she's 28 years od and she teaches with me! Get it together and handle your business!! Ok vent over. Time to clean the laundry basket...lol

Awesome...thank you!! I will definitely update as soon as my appointment is over! :)

On a totally random, whiny, off topic, venting, note... One of my best friends is driving me crazy right now. I love her to pieces but there are times when she's not excactly a mature grown up and wants everyone else to handle her business. She recently started seeing a new fella and they ended up having sex rather quickly and they didn't use a condom. She is on birth control and has had a period so she isn't worried about being pregnant but is worried about possible stds and rightfully so. Se called today asking if I would call the health department, schedule her an appointment for tomorrow, and take her the appointment because she can't drive right now. My husband and I are leaving Friday for vacation, which she knows. I've also been struggling with some new nausea/vomiting recently (I think it's related to my prenatal vitamin all of a sudden) and she knows that as well. I told her I would call, but the health department won't see her because she has insurance. I sent her a text to tell her, and the proceeded to throw up in a laundry basket in the laundry room. Minutes later, she calls and asks me to call planned parenthood. Now, it takes me 30 mins to get to her house, 30 mins to get to the clinic, 30 minutes back to her house, 30 mins back to my house so it isn't like a short 5 minute errand. I also have a pedi scheduled for tomorrow which I am not canceling to take her to go check her vag for creepy crawlies...sorry! So I go ahead and call planned parenthood and they aren't able to get her in until Aug 6th. I call her back to tell her tha and she goes, "omg, what should do? Tell me what to do?" I told her to either wait until her appointment or call her regular obgyn and scheduled something with her. She still acted like she had no clue what to do but I sure as he'll am not offerig to drive her anywhere farther than that! I'm sure my hormones are coming into play, but ugh! I love her but she's 28 years od and she teaches with me! Get it together and handle your business!! Ok vent over. Time to clean the laundry basket...lol

That sounds like my old best friend! We are unfortunately no longer friends. Our lives were going in two completely different directions and I started distancing myself because we were losing things in common. She took it personally and thought I thought I was better than her :( :(
Hope your friend grows up a little :/ and most of all realize you can't be running around and making phone calls for her.

I'm sure you ladies are fine :hugs: Our stats are very, very good now that we are in the 2nd trimester. Now we just have to grow the jelly beans and pop em out :haha:

I loved the way you said that :D
And the one about popping them out. Haha

Had my scan today, date got changed slightly so now due 31st Jan! So 12+5 today! Baby wouldn't play along for the NT screening at first but got it in the end, was told it looks like there's nothing to worry about but will get blood test results by Monday :) after we finally got baby to move, it stuck its tongue out at us which was so cute so I've attached a picture of that! We are certain we saw some little boy parts but she didn't give us a picture of that part. Had a bit of bright red bleeding tonight so hoping all is still ok, stopped now though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 11
Cute pic!! :)

Does anyone have any advice for before my scan? I know I'm to have a full bladder, but should I drink a sugary drink? Will that make the baby be more active?

How funny! Great photo of your scan. Glad all seemed to go well!

Lola lovely pic. Would be lovely if their boy guess is correct. Hope the bleeding has stopped for good :hugs:

Lindsay I had a friend who never had protected sex...told her she was playing with fire. She never got an STD thankfully. She has a daughter 6 months older than Ani. She hadn't know her OH for very long but fortunately they're still together.

Lindsay drinking something sweet beforehand should help although I have heard of it causing them to move too much so it's up to you!

Cute scan Lola :D

Lindsay, I planned on having a sugary drink before scan as I'm diabetic so don't normally drink/eat much sugar and wanted baby to be active. I forgot though and baby was still jumping around all over the place... so much so that they couldn't get the NT measurements! I'd make sure it was a small sugary drink if you do decide to lol

Lol thanks guys! The scan on Monday is just a gender scan, so maybe I'll do half of my liquid sweet tea and the other half water! I definitely want the baby to move if need be so we can see the baby bits, but not so squirmy we can't see anything clearly hehe

Such a cute pic Lola :)

I had a bit of brown blood a bit ago gone no though calling my dr in the am and see what she suggests we had planned a picnic/fishing trip tom up at a remote lake but were going to wait til tom

What a cute pic Lola.

Good luck Lindsay.

Afm, i think today I'm officially in the 2nd trimester. :yehey: I'm just overjoyed.. Drs appointment next Monday, hopefully to talk about birth options.

I'm in 2nd tri today today, need to change my ticker cos I got moved forward 3 days at my scan.

Feeling bit miserable this morning cos I was up loads last night with my nose. Constantly having to blow my nose. It was making me feel quite rough. I proped myself up eventually which seemed to help but boy,what a long night. Wondering if I have pregnancy rhinitus. X

15 weeks today, woohoo and the baby is now the size of a navel orange.

I have a question. At my last appt my doc asked about the Downs screening etc. I had said no with my other three but said yes this time. I know it involves bloodwork and a scan. I had a scan at 9+6. I read online that the nt scan is done between 11- 13+6. Is that true? Do i have another scan coming my way??!! Say yes! Id be so excited!!

I have a question. At my last appt my doc asked about the Downs screening etc. I had said no with my other three but said yes this time. I know it involves bloodwork and a scan. I had a scan at 9+6. I read online that the nt scan is done between 11- 13+6. Is that true? Do i have another scan coming my way??!! Say yes! Id be so excited!!

Yes, there will be another scan as the NT scan needs to be done within that time frame. Make sure that you get it before 13+6 though as afterwards it is too late as the baby is too big by then. I had mine at 13+5, so I'd give them a call if I was you just to confirm as I was told it could not be done any later than 13+6 or I think 84mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->