January Jelly Beans 2014!

Oooh I hope so! This will be my last baby so I want as many pics etc as possible

Happy new week to you ladies and welcome to 2nd tri.:).

I have a stuffy nose almost every day and the reflux is killing me I wake up each morning for a tums but read this is normal

I have a question. At my last appt my doc asked about the Downs screening etc. I had said no with my other three but said yes this time. I know it involves bloodwork and a scan. I had a scan at 9+6. I read online that the nt scan is done between 11- 13+6. Is that true? Do i have another scan coming my way??!! Say yes! Id be so excited!!

I think it just depends on what tests your doctor is running. I said yes to the screenings, but my doctor does not do the NT scan...just a big blood work up at my 18 week appointment. When I I had my intake appointment with the prenatal nurse, she gave me a list of tests and NT wasn't one of them. Im in a small town and I think it may have been the test that I would have to travel to a bigger city for, so I declined. :shrug:

I agree with lindsay. I wasn't offered an NT test either, though not sure why. I'm guessing my doctor just doesn't do them or maybe only if you meet certain criteria. :shrug: But I will get bloodwork done at my next appointment which tests for downs and such. I'll be 17+4 at that appointment so I'll also get my slip to schedule my anatomy scan. :happydance: Maybe you'll get lucky and get the NT scan, SBinRI, but it sounds like if you do, it'd have to be within the next few days. So you might want to call your doctor just to check.

Im seeing the doc today instead of tomorrow anyways for my reg appt so I'll be asking. Ill prob just outright ask for an extra scan. Ive been with her since she started her practice 10yrs ago sk wechave a great rapport.

So bad news... My allergic reaction thing was more likely bed bugs!! Where I live we don't really have them, I had no idea what they'd look like. We didn't see any in our hotel room, but my bites look EXACTLY like what you'd expect for bed bugs I guess. I went back to work today and my boss took one look at my feet and said "bed bugs!" Now I'm terrified that we brought them home. The hotel was very nice, but I know that doesn't matter. I called them and told them what room I was in etc and they said they'd have a professional check it this afternoon and call me back. No word yet. I'm washing everything we took in hot water and am drying it in hot, we slept in our bed last night so all the bedding is in trash bags until the washer is available. I looked over our suitcase and things- I put the suitcase in the garage for now until I can examine it closer and our shoes are outside in the sun until I figure out what to do about them. I think I found a partial exoskeleton on one of my shirts, so I'm really worried.
UGH!! I can't believe this happened! So much for a relaxing second tri vacation. :(

Eeeek! Guess they aren't kidding when they say don't let the bed bugs bite :haha: Hope you didn't bring any home with you :hugs:

:argh: Yikes, Bed Bugs! Hopefully there are NONE in your house.

Yeah, this is a nightmare. We're on load #6 of laundry, making sure everything (even the stuff that isn't supposed to go in the dryer) goes in for 40 minutes to get nice and hot. My husband had already put some unworn clothes back in the dresser, so we emptied two drawers into bags for laundry. The things that we can't wash (suitcase, shoes) are in trash bags to sit in the trunk of the car in the heat, or get put in our extra freezer for a few days. I'm seriously considering making room in our -20 freezer in the lab and taking my suitcase (still in a bag of course) to sit in there for awhile. I may be going overboard, but I just don't know. If we brought home even one we probably won't know it until the population increases. I will be SOOO mad if we have to have an exterminator come.

Oh wow! That really stinks. I hope you didn't bring any home with you! Good luck. I don't have any personal experience with bed bugs but a friend lived in an apartment complex & the whole place ended up infected. She had to throw out her whole mattress. Yuck! Needless to say she moved out right after that experience. So I hope you don't have to go through anything like that. :hugs:

Eek! Sorry about the bed bugs. Hope you didn't bring any back with you :flower:

PEACH! :happydance:

It sucks that it's hot and I have to keep my legs covered because I'm so embarrassed of all the bites. The hotel is having the room inspected this morning and is supposed to call me with the results. But what motivation would they have to be honest with me? My bites are healing and hopefully will be faded by next week, but I counted over 100 on my legs. Since getting pregnant I have noticed that my body reacts more strongly to mosquito bites, swelling and itching more than before, so I'm sure that's why my pain and itching from the bed bugs had me in tears. My husband has only a few marks on his feet.
I just feel like it has such a stigma of being a dirty person problem. Here we paid to go to a family reunion out on the east coast, stayed in a nice hotel (a chain which we frequent often), but I guess out there it's just so common that it doesn't matter where you are. Our hotel doesn't show up on the registry online as having Bedbugs reported, but the whole state of MA is covered in red for the stats. I just hope that running all of our clothes and bedding through hot laundry cycles was enough. Our suitcase and shoes are still in trashbags outside. I plan to take 100% ethanol home from the lab today to spray down my toiletries etc that are still in the suitcase. Apparently it takes at least 90% to kill them. I'm just happy I have access to this stuff.
I've never known anyone with this problem before. I guess it's just another reason I'm happy to live where I do.

melann so sorry that you are going through that, I went through a similar thing a few years back we had to end up moving from the apartment complex because the whole place was infested, ended up throwing everything away, they were even in our TV's :( we have not had them again since, we never found out where they came from

Salamander congrats on Peach !!!!

Hotel claims that the exterminators found nothing, but my MIL just called and said that she was at the Dr. for a physical and he said that the "mosquito bites" that she got while we were in MA are either bed bug bites or fleas. It was a pet friendly hotel, so I guess either is possible... but this just confirms that it was something at that hotel...

I'm sure the hotel would prefer not to say if they are infested with bed bugs or fleas for that matter. Oh well, I hope things calm down for your little family!

Also, I have been feeling strange sensations for the past couple days. I really think it may be the baby moving, but everything I read says that it's too early for that especially with it being my first baby. What I'm feeling is really low and in the area where the baby would be. It's not like anything else I've felt before, and it very very slight. I only feel it at random times when I'me either sitting or lying still. Anyone else think they might be feeling it this early - I'm 15 weeks. Do you guys think it's possible?

Absolutely possible at 15 weeks! :dance:

I drink a little orange juice before bed so I can feel LO dance :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"