January Jelly Beans 2014!

Jess,
Its the same for me. What I find funny is that what I hated before pregnancy is what I enjoy eating now and those which I loved pre-pregnancy make me gag now. MIL was shocked when she saw me gagging at apple when apple used to be my favorite before.
Guess its part and parcel of pregnancy

Thanks, Try Rocking and Despttc. It's a crappy part of pregnancy but at least I know it's not just me. :haha: I haven't found anything that I didn't like pre-pregnancy that I do now, though. Just stuff I liked that now I can't stand to eat. :( At least I'm still liking tuna! That's my favorite and I think I'd cry if it made me gag! LOL

I just felt the baby kick for the first time!! I've been feeling flutters for a few weeks, but this was three legitimate kicks! I'm so excited!

Does baby kicks feel like jabs? I have been feeling jabbing but its pretty low... like just about the pelvic bone.... you think that might be kicking?

My LO is quite active this afternoon. Makes me jump every once and awhile. When the movement is higher (my uterus is hitting my belly button now) I don't notice as much, but when it's low against the waistband of my maternity shorts it's very strong!
I ask my doc about carpel tunnel- although mine has not been painful, just hands falling asleep all the time. He said that it's perfectly normal- especially if you're experiencing swelling- as the tunnel for the nerves to go through is becoming small. He suggested wrist braces to keep wrists straight and the tunnel open. I haven't done anything about it yet as it doesn't hurt for me- just awkward. My mom had it horrible (due to work) and had surgery on both hands- doc said pregnancy carpel tunnel is super common and should go away once swelling lessens.

Those with swellings, drink water! Loads and loads of it! I had massively swollen everything when I was pregnant last time and only loads of water helped!

The kicks feel like a cross between jabs and a thump. Its surprising. And awesome.

Lauraclili- agreed on the water-but since nearly the beginning I've been drinking close to 100oz a day and still experience swelling if I don't spend enough time on my feet, or if I spend too much. All about switching it up I guess!

Yay for everyone feeling their babies moving! I have been too, and it's so cool!! :happydance:

Also, I looked again at how many boys vs. girls and wow, there are like double the amount of boys. I'm glad to be one of the pink jellybeans to help balance it out a little bit. Can't wait to hear from those of you looking forward to scans!
:pink: :blue:

Lauraclili- agreed on the water-but since nearly the beginning I've been drinking close to 100oz a day and still experience swelling if I don't spend enough time on my feet, or if I spend too much. All about switching it up I guess!

You need to talk to your doctor about that much water. Too much water can lead to electrolyte imbalance and make your health much worse. If your already retaining fluid that your body can't get rid if (causing worsening carpal tunnel) then adding a large volume of liquid to your already overworked system just backs it up and makes it worse.

I think my next purchase is wrist braces. I think Ill give it a few days to see if it was just aggravated because of the folding clothing. Maybe it will get better.

Is 100oz a lot? That's about 6 bottles of water. I easily drink that and more throughout the day. I never realized that was an alarming amount?

Goldstns,
Drinking water will not cause carpal tunnel and edema.(over-drinking is not possible as the more we drink,more gets excreted as urine in people with normal kidneys) Its just pregnancy that cause it. Another cause is hypothyroidism which aggravates this condition. I'm sure you'd have checked your blood before and thyroid might not be the case

I would recommend giving a little break for your wrist,like not folding much and all for some days. Also it'll do good for you if you can keep your feet elevated whenever possible.

As long as your blood pressure is normal,I would think there isn't need to worry about the swelling

We are team :blue:

Saw the little guy opening his mouth and sticking out his tongue A LOT!! He is also very active. The lady doing the scan had a hard time doing the measurements because every time she was about to freeze the frame he would move lol.

2013-08-20 16.01.10.jpg

Congrats, MommaBarry, on Team Blue! :) Those boy numbers keep going up!! LOL Doesn't give me much hope that I'm having a girl. :haha:

I felt the same as soon I as I joined this group and saw how many blues vs pinks lol.

I felt in my gut that it was a little man, but was hoping for another little girl since there will only be 14 months difference between him and my daughter.

My doc knows how much water I drink and he was fine with it. I have a 20 or 24oz water bottle and drink two while at work and 2-3 after I get home. I do drink skim milk and juice as well and am not worried about my balance. Simply mentioning it because for me lack of hydration is not the reason for my swelling. It's directly related to how much time I spend seated. I walked for hours on Sunday and wasn't swollen at all. Yesterday I sat in my office chair for much of the day and it was back. It does seem to be getting better lately though, perhaps just the changing weather.

I felt the same as soon I as I joined this group and saw how many blues vs pinks lol.

I felt in my gut that it was a little man, but was hoping for another little girl since there will only be 14 months difference between him and my daughter.

:) I don't have a gut feeling one way or the other. I'm just hoping girl as I already have my son and this will be my last baby so I'd love to have one of each. :thumbup: Of course I'll love my child no matter the gender but a girl can hope!! Though that hope is slowly dwindling.... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->