January Jelly Beans 2014!

Great news Worried!

Good luck on Thursday Jess and Friday Shelli!

Same here Del, this pregnancy is flying with having another LO to care for, which is kind of nice not getting too caught up in the individual days of waiting.

Yay!!! For all the great scan good luck for the up coming ones :)

I'm getting excited for my next one two weeks one day but who's counting LOL
My little man has been moving tons since yesterday last night I felt a flip :D I think it was the chocolate and Mountain Dew I've been craving LOL can't wait for my hubby to feel him tho

I've decided that I'm going to finally tell my boss today that I'm pregnant and I'm a little nervous. LOL It really shouldn't be a problem at all as he was very excited for me when I told him I was pregnant with my son. He's a big family man and has 5 kids of his own. So I don't see it being an issue but it doesn't help my nerves! :haha: I just need to suck it up and go do it. My plan is to go in to see him right after lunch. :thumbup: Wish me luck! LOL

Hi Lucy! Yay for baby wiggles!

Good luck Jess! At the very least, from a legal standpoint, it's absolutely not a problem that you're pregnant :thumbup: Hopefully on a personal level, he'll be happy for you and supportive!

Good luck vtjess!
As for feeling your LO, it was shocking to me that once I started to feel her a little bit each day, within 3 days I was feeling her MULTIPLE times a day, and now it's VERY regular throughout the day, except when I think she's sleeping. I can't get over how strong some of the kicks are and how much stronger they must get as she gets bigger and bigger!

Thanks guys! And I know it's not legally a problem, but I'm still nervous about telling him for some reason. My stomach is currently in knots. :wacko: But once it's over, it's over and then everyone will know and I won't be hiding it any more which I think will be a relief. :)

As for movements for me, it didn't just start happening more and more (and still hasn't really). I first felt movement around 16 weeks...but I'd feel it one day and then nothing for days on end. And then around 19ish weeks I started feeling it a little more but there were still days of nothing. And even now, at 21 weeks, I don't feel him all the time. For the past week, I've felt him daily but even then it's only been once or twice a day. Yesterday I didn't feel him much at all until I got home last night from work. And I sit at a desk all day so it's not like I'm up moving and busy doing other things. I've felt him a little this morning but not too much. I think I just have so much padding on top of the space that it's all dulled out still!

I've been feeling movement daily, mostly in the evening. I keep staring at my belly because I want to see him from the outside, but I haven't been able to yet!

Jess, its the same with my LO. I feel her just 1-2 times a day. I guess its because of my thick abdominal wall

I could feel her kick from outside for the first time today :happydance:

That's great, Desp!! :) I actually felt one from the outside the other day too. I was laying in bed with my hand on my tummy and he must have kicked pretty hard because I was able to feel it with my hand as well. It's an awesome feeling! I'm hoping I can share the feeling with my hubby as well. With my 1st son, my hubby was the only other one who really got to feel him and that was only a few times. I swear he had stage fright because he could be kicking away but as soon as someone touched me, he'd stop! :haha: We'll see if this ones any different. But if my scan was any indication I don't think this one likes to show off either. He had his legs closed for most of the scan and his hands in front of his face! LOL

Finished work with my 20 week scan today. :) Everything's looking good and still :yellow: ;)

Baby has a cute little button nose but is already a fatty! Gulp!

Otherwise, she/he is measure on track and healthy. :D

Attachments

• Photo on 04-09-2013 at 16.36 #2.jpg
    Photo on 04-09-2013 at 16.36 #2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo on 04-09-2013 at 16.36.jpg
    Photo on 04-09-2013 at 16.36.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
Wonderful news, Laura!! :) I'm glad your lo is growing as he/she should.

Well, I did it. I told my boss. He didn't react as excited this time as he did the first time I told him but all is good. He just asked standard questions and we dicussed my leave plans which now requires me to fill out paperwork. Yuck! But it'll be all worth it when my little guy arrives. Last time I had trouble with this one nasty lady in my office, who for some reason doesn't like me. I had worked out my time off schedule with my boss but then she stuck her nose in and put up a stink and so I ended up having to use advanced leave. It worked out well for me in the end as I was going to work full time from home for a week before coming back but instead I got to spend the whole time with my son. So I'm not even going to try to do that this time. Just taking what leave I can and going with that.

Laura, glad your scan went well :thumbup:

Jess, my LO is a little shy too. He/she stops kicking when DH or I feel my abdomen. Plus she covered her face during scan(as seen in my profile pic). Poor sonologist had to probe a lot to make her move her hands away and show her face

Jess, it was a good thing you told your boss. That reduces a lot of tension. Good thing he is understanding. Maybe he would have been preoccupied while you informed him. As far as I have seen,male bosses show a lot of support throughout pregnancy

That must be a relief Jess :) How much time are you hoping to get off? Do you take advantage of the full 12 weeks with FMLA?

I would love to take the full 12 weeks allowed with FMLA, as I did with my son, but unfortunately I don't think that will work out this time. With the leave I had saved and my advanced leave I had enough for the full 12 weeks though I did work part time for the last week or so with my son. This time (I still have to figure out exactly but that'll depend on when I go into labor) it looks like I'll only be able to take 10, maybe 11 full weeks off. Unfortuantely, I can't afford to take time off without pay and that's what I'd have to do to take the full 12. I accrue leave each pay period (sick and annual) and unfortunately with having my son in day care he gets sick pretty frequently so I've never been able to save that much up (especially when I was down like 100 and some hours after I had him).

Hey ladies! Congrats on all the scans :D

I've been feeling little man amazingly well since about 20 weeks, he's moving constantly and *so* strong. I swear he's going to kick his way out when he's ready.

Glad telling your boss went ok jess.:thumbup: it's totally different over here for leave you get 9 months off with maternity pay. Obviously it's not the same as a full wage but its something.

Congrats on your scan Laura, great pictures and respect for staying team yellow!

I'm excited cos I'm 20 weeks today!! :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"