January Jelly Beans 2014!

VTJess and Mommytobe11 thanks for your help with the test questions!
They always have a hard time drawing my blood, so I usually drink lots of water leading up to the appointments I know they will be taking blood. Do you think that would mess up the test results? They did say I didn't need to fast.

Despttc The Chinese gender predictor was right for us. I do know that different sites had different predictions though, and I can't remember what site I looked at.

Goldstns I am glad you guys are safe! Fun that your nursery will be done so soon! We have yet to even start on ours! Can't wait to see pictures!

:wave: Hello! Last day in Florida, flying home tomorrow. Will catch up soon. :hugs:

Just found this thread...I'm due Jan 20th, 2014. Well, so far, at my 20 week scan they thought I could be more like 18-19 weeks but not changing the due date yet. I think I'm team pink, though she only spent like a second determining gender, so hopefully she didn't miss something lol.

Welcome! Will add you very soon. :flower:

Thanks lucy, wrighty, writhearts, desp, salamander, twag..

Hakuna, can I get an update on the first page, if u find the time. Team blue at Jan 24.

Btw, I'm thinking of the birthing pool option. I love warm baths and I am just intrigued how it could help during labor. I wanna go all-natural but being already 30yo, i don't know how feasible it is. Fingers crossed no diabetes for me, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Thanks lucy, wrighty, writhearts, desp, salamander, twag..

Hakuna, can I get an update on the first page, if u find the time. Team blue at Jan 24.

Btw, I'm thinking of the birthing pool option. I love warm baths and I am just intrigued how it could help during labor. I wanna go all-natural but being already 30yo, i don't know how feasible it is. Fingers crossed no diabetes for me, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Lian, I had a natural birth with my ds and I was a week way from being 30. Ok o I had to be induced and ended up with forceps but it was still a natural birth. I think it depends more on your body itself as some aren't built for vaginal birth in certain situations etc and also I believe the fitter you are the better your labour. I really don't think age is a factor IMO.

Alia's room....

Attachments

• 47a3d734b3127cce98548cc8599400000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    47a3d734b3127cce98548cc8599400000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 47a3d734b3127cce98548cca599600000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    47a3d734b3127cce98548cca599600000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 65
  • 47a3d734b3127cce98548cd3d8bf00000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    47a3d734b3127cce98548cd3d8bf00000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 47a3d734b3127cce98548cce599200000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    47a3d734b3127cce98548cce599200000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 64
  • 47a3d734b3127cce98548cd7d8bb00000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    47a3d734b3127cce98548cd7d8bb00000038100AZMmTVk1asmeA.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 66
Goldstns that is so cute :)

I havent even started on the nusery as the room we are in at the moment will be her nursery but still need to decorate what will be our bedroom :/ hard to get it done with OH working and being so tired when he gets home :/

Goldstns- Did you paint that? It's so good! We'll be using wall stickers in our nursery because me and OH have no skill with drawing/painting :haha:

Wrighty- We haven't started yet either. Just moved in here a few weeks ago so we've been too busy decorating everywhere else. The nursery is still full of boxes we haven't unpacked yet and it's starting to make me sad I can't start getting ready for baby yet. Hopefully we can start soon. :flower:

Just found this thread...I'm due Jan 20th, 2014. Well, so far, at my 20 week scan they thought I could be more like 18-19 weeks but not changing the due date yet. I think I'm team pink, though she only spent like a second determining gender, so hopefully she didn't miss something lol.

Welcome! Will add you very soon. :flower:

Lian, I can do it when I get home, still in Florida :)

All set! :thumbup:

Please PM me if you need a front page update :)

Happy Monday ladies mine is sucky right now some people are so rude but not going to dwell on them

I am so jealous of you girls that have gotten your nursery going or done :) I'm still looking at wall decals like some am not very artistic so am going with the professional ones LOL
I was actually telling hubby how some of you girls are so organized and getting things for baby going so he letting me get some things ordered the crib and bedding might not be ordered until next month or maybe sooner if we get things cleaned out but that's a big maybe

lian, natural birth is definitely possible and I don't think age determines that. It's really your pain threshold than anything. I had my 1st son at 31 (6 days after my birthday) and I went all natural with no epidural. So I'm sure you can do it if you put your mind to it! I'm now 33 with number 2 and I plan on going natural this time as well as long as everything goes OK. :thumbup:

goldstns, I'm glad to hear that you are safe out there in Colorado! I knew there were a few of you ladies out that way and was hoping you all were doing OK!

Sorry that you are having a rough Monday, Lucy. I agree that people can be so rude sometimes; I just try to ignore them! :) Luckily for me I don't currently work in a service profession so I don't have to deal with people like that on a regular basis. But I have in the past and so I can relate. Hopefully your day gets better!! :hugs:

It's 23 weeks for me today!! :happydance: One more til viability. Yay! My little bean has been moving pretty good the past few days though still not all the time. He'll have his little spurts and then I may not feel him for a while. My hubby got to feel him move yesterday though which was nice. I wasn't sure he'd be able to as he wasn't really kicking...just moving around in there. LOL But my hubby did feel it! But then, being the joker he is, my husband grabbed my hand and put it on his stomach so I could feel his gas bubble. :haha: He was being silly. :) We don't have anything for a nursery set up yet either. Still not sure where we are going to put the little guy yet actually. My son is still using the crib as a toddler bed currently so we have to move him out of there first before we can decide where to put it. We are thinking of having the boys share a room so they both can be close to us. But my only concern with that is I don't want the baby waking up my older son. So I'm not sure what our plans are yet. We still have some deciding to do.

Jess happy 23 weeks !!!!

I get off at two and the morning rush is almost over then I just have to clean the breakfast room and answer phone calls
I have a drs apt this afternoon and am dreading it they are going to take my blood :( and check my sugar level I have a feeling am going on insulin soon I hate going to the clinic they make you wait for over an hour and then she comes in for 15 mins then you wait another 30 to get checked out :(
We're sharing our room with bubs but gotta get rid of things to make room but I can't lift any of the boxes my hubby would kill me if I tried so gotta get him in the mood to get them out LOL my hubby tried to feel Ivan yest but he stops moving lol
U/S on Thursday and we might get to see him in 4D so excited can't wait :)

Hit up that consignment sale this weekend. Major success. Jogging stroller, swing, pack'n'play with bassinet option, ergo carrier, baby bjorn, moby, nursing cover, piles and piles of clothes, snowsuits (She will be born in January in WI afterall) shoes, hates, mitts to prevent scratches (I'm a bit paranoid as I have a small scar on my face from when I was 3 days old), a boppy, carseat cover, receiving blankets, bibs, and more I can't even think of. $300. I added up the cost of these items new and it was about $1200. My mom's a little annoyed that I seem to already have everything to clothe this little one, but it's making me feel good to have so many practical items (T-shirts, sleepers etc) that are getting a second use. Since I only paid a dollar or two for several sleepers, if some never get worn I won't feel bad.
We still need to finish building the tree in the corner of the room. After that I'll post pictures.

It's 23 weeks for me today!! :happydance: One more til viability. Yay! My little bean has been moving pretty good the past few days though still not all the time. He'll have his little spurts and then I may not feel him for a while. My hubby got to feel him move yesterday though which was nice. I wasn't sure he'd be able to as he wasn't really kicking...just moving around in there. LOL But my hubby did feel it! But then, being the joker he is, my husband grabbed my hand and put it on his stomach so I could feel his gas bubble. :haha: He was being silly. :) We don't have anything for a nursery set up yet either. Still not sure where we are going to put the little guy yet actually. My son is still using the crib as a toddler bed currently so we have to move him out of there first before we can decide where to put it. We are thinking of having the boys share a room so they both can be close to us. But my only concern with that is I don't want the baby waking up my older son. So I'm not sure what our plans are yet. We still have some deciding to do.

We are in a similar situation. We only have 2 bedrooms so the boys will definitely have to share at some point but for the first 6 months or so the new baby will be with us in our room. I'm very conscious of him waking up my eldest son too, esp as he will be starting nursery in January when the baby is due so he will no doubt be shattered and need his sleep. He is quite a heavy sleeper so I'm hoping that will work in our favour!

I've started to have little moments of panic thinking of having a newborn and a 3 yr old! Things like what if I'm breast feeding the baby and my oldest wants the toilet or something. How am I going to split my time between them? I know how demanding newborn babies are but I am very much wanting my oldest to know that he is still important and give him attention too. I know women have been having 2 or more babies for ages but the reality is a bit daunting just now!

We are in a similar situation. We only have 2 bedrooms so the boys will definitely have to share at some point but for the first 6 months or so the new baby will be with us in our room. I'm very conscious of him waking up my eldest son too, esp as he will be starting nursery in January when the baby is due so he will no doubt be shattered and need his sleep. He is quite a heavy sleeper so I'm hoping that will work in our favour!

I've started to have little moments of panic thinking of having a newborn and a 3 yr old! Things like what if I'm breast feeding the baby and my oldest wants the toilet or something. How am I going to split my time between them? I know how demanding newborn babies are but I am very much wanting my oldest to know that he is still important and give him attention too. I know women have been having 2 or more babies for ages but the reality is a bit daunting just now!

If its time to nurse, bring a potty chair into room where you are nursing. That way you can help. Bows a good time to teach him how to pull down his pants by himself if he can't already :)

Yeah I'm really worried about that as well. I don't want my older son to feel like mommy's abandoning him or something. I agree millions of women have done it but I haven't and so I don't know what will work for us. I plan on trying to make him feel like he's mommy's big helper and have him bring me the things I need so he can feel involved. No idea if this will work but I'm going to try! :thumbup: We haven't even started potty training yet (we've tried but he's just not interested yet and we don't want him scare of it either) but I'd really like to have him out of diapers by the time the baby's here. Just don't know if its feasible at this point.

Samuel just turned 3 and he's not potty trained. He just isn't quite there. He will sit on the toilet but he hasn't done anything yet. Thinking of cracking on this week with it cos I would also like him out of nappies by the time the baby comes. He will have lots of change already. He's gonna be going into a proper bed from his cot, starting nursery and getting a new brother. A lot for a little one to take on.

That said for the first time today he showed interest in my sisters bump and touched her tummy when her baby kicked. His face was an absolute picture.:thumbup: it was so sweet and my sister was in tears. He usually takes things in his stride x

Yay! I'm 23weeks today! :happydance:

Congrats,Jess on 23 weeks :thumbup:

Girls with baby#2 on the way, :hugs: on all your concerns. Although this is my first baby,I can imagine the thoughts running through your minds

Del,I'm sure you felt wonderful when Samuel touched your sis' tummy :) I would have loved to see the expression of his face then

Bub's been moving a lot lately <3 <3 DH was home past 3days, and I noticed baby moves a lot more when DH touches me or talks to her :)

Leg cramps were killing me till yesterday,somehow feeling better after DH's massage. Missing him already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->