January Jelly Beans 2014!

Thanks Delamere, Vtjess about the encouragements for the natural birth option. I'm trying to keep myself fit by yoga, pilates and walking daily. Weight gain is so far kept to a minimum so that's a good sign. Unfortunately, my pain threshold is average at best, I remember crying during my first derma facial.

Lucy, I also haven't done any baby shopping nor nursery decorating yet. We are only renting a 1BR flat and we're under contract till June 2014 hence baby is definitely going to sleep with us. I'm thinking of a Moses basket for baby's first bed.

Congrats on those nearing the V-week. I can't wait for mine.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! This thread is fun to keep up on. Baby seems to be moving a lot lately, it's funny because whenever I try to feel from the outside she stops...but she'll still move for hubby. He's been able to feel her a few times. I have an anterior placenta though so that's probably why we haven't felt a lot of movement from the outside. I haven't done a nursery, or bought pretty much anything yet, I'll probably start to panic at some point. The baby's room is a room we have used for storage since it's just us and a small house so I have to get that all cleaned out. Lots of stuff I have to get rid of because there's no space. I keep obsessing over a name and hubby really doesn't like anything I like, so it's rather frustrating. Everyone asks me if I've chosen a name and I'm self conscious of even saying the ones I like, so I just don't say anything. Not sure she'll ever get a name, boo. Sorry, just talking for no real reason here.

WolfQ, my baby too stops moving when I try to feel the movement from outside. She has started being more attached to hubby :)

I have felt baby move from the outside but he seems to not like it :shrug: he will be kicking away and then as soon as a hand goes on the belly he stops - I think he is shy :haha:

He has been more quiet than usual the last few days so I have been slightly worried so I got the doppler out this morning and found him straight away (although he kept moving away :dohh:) love that sound I could listen to him all day :cloud9:

Well just found out that my OH wont get paternity leave. He has is about 3 weeks short of the 26 wks he needed to have worked there to qualify :cry: :nope: I'm really sad cos he will only be able to be a home a week at most from his holiday entitlement. I was relying on him to help to take ds to nursery for a couple of weeks too. Will have to see if my dad can help out. I mean I might be ok to take him myself but last time I gave birth there would have been no way I could have done it but I did have a rough time and had a long recovery time. It's just all so full of variables that its panicking me slightly at the moment.

Nothing ever goes to plan does it? :dohh:

Del :hugs: I feel for you Hun my hubby is going to see about taking a week off if not we have to see about hiring someone to help am only getting three weeks off then back to work can take baby to work but we're still not decided on that yet either
But I don't have any other kids hope your able to get your dad to help

:hugs: I hope you manage to work something out

Thanks ladies. Think I'm just worried that ill have a long recovery like last time but I did see a doctor at my last scan who said that she doesn't think I'll need forceps this time around so I might not need stitches which is why I got a perineum infection so maybe it wont be so bad.I think I'm just going through a stage of not really being sure if things ATM. Got the second child worries and the whole uncertainty of when labour will happen (even though that's a while away). Pregnancy hormones are probably not helping.

I'm feeling quite impatient at the moment about meeting my baby boy! This second pregnancy is def not as easy as my first.

Sorry for the moaning!

Del, that stinks that your husband doesn't get any paternity leave. :hugs: I'm pretty much in the same boat as my husband will only be able to be home with me for about a week, which is actually better than last time though. He only has a week of leave saved and would legally be able to take up to 12 but that would be unpaid and we can't afford that unfortunately. I'm hoping my hubby can help take our older son to day care that week as well, though I'm considering letting him stay home that week too but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I hope you have an easier recovery this time!! My recovery really wasn't bad at all with my 1st son. I did have to have stitches on top and bottom but luckily no infection or anything. So other than being a bit sore I was just fine. I'm hoping this time is similar but I'm thinking this little one will be a bit bigger than his big brother so I may be in for a harder time. I tore with my little 5lb 4oz baby, so I dunno how I'll handle a bigger one! LOL

Sorry Del!!

I have had a hard few days too... just found out I do have gestational diabetes.

Del and Goldstns I am sorry you are having a rough time right now!
Del I hope you get things figured out a bit more so you wont have to much stress.
Goldstns I hope you get used to the treatment plan. I am sure once you are it wont be too much of a big deal.

Hugs girls!

Sorry to hear of your GD diagnosis, goldstns. :hugs: Hopefully you'll be able to keep your levels in the good range with diet and everything will turn out ok! Good Luck to you!

Goldstns sorry about your diagnosis, am sure you'll do great with what ever treatment you do hugs

Thanks ladies. I just feel scared to eat... which is also not healthy! I look forward to my up coming apts so I can figure it all out.

So sorry for those dealing with GD.
I have had TERRIBLE heartburn the last couple days. I never had any idea it could be this bad. I find myself actually afraid of certain foods, although so far it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink. Had a blueberry muffin for breakfast and had heartburn 20 minutes later. The last two nights I've woken up feeling like I'm choking on acid and can't swallow. It sucks.

So sorry for those dealing with GD.
I have had TERRIBLE heartburn the last couple days. I never had any idea it could be this bad. I find myself actually afraid of certain foods, although so far it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink. Had a blueberry muffin for breakfast and had heartburn 20 minutes later. The last two nights I've woken up feeling like I'm choking on acid and can't swallow. It sucks.

I used to keep a bottle of tums next to my bed when pregnant with my son because I would get it in the middle of the night!! I might have to do it again soon because its getting pretty bad for me too :(

Sorry bout your gd diagnosis goldstns. Hope the appt will clear some things up for you.:hugs:

Thanks for your support ladies, it feels good to get worries off my chest because I know you all have similar worries.

My heartburn seems to have settled ATM ( maybe I shouldn't say that!) but when it was bad I couldn't even eat toast with out getting it. I had it worse with my ds all the way through my pregnancy. Hope yours settles Melann have you tried sleeping propped up slightly? Used to help me when I had it at night. X

Sorry about the ladies not feeling too great. :hugs:

For what it is worth I find I get more heartburn when eating white bread, white pasta etc. So maybe changing these for brown might help... although they are not quite as nice in my opinion. :blush:

I am also finding this pregnancy a bit more challenging. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I also have a toddler, which I didn't when I was pregnant with my 1st. But I get quite bad back pain and also my lower region feels very heavy, pressure like... :blush: ... apparently all quite normal in subsequent pregnancies. I was glad when I read another thread about exactly this on here last week.

Other than that I am doing okay, next appointment is next week for the blood sugar levels...

Sorry about the ladies dealing with GD :hugs:

And the ladies suffering with heartburn :hugs: (keeping FXd that I don't get this nothing thus far :wacko:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->