January Jelly Beans 2014!

I'm sorry that your heartburn is so bad, melann. :hugs: Especially with it waking you up in the middle of the night like that. I know my sleep is precious and I hate waking up to pee let alone heartburn. My hearburn definitely seems to be worse this time than when I was pregnant with my first son, though not so bad its waking me up at night so far (FX!!!). It started out that I'd just get it in the evening after dinner and I'd be taking a few tums before going to bed. But lately I've been getting it a work during the day as well so I may break down and buy a bottle just for work. It's happening pretty frequently lately when I'm taking tums a few times a day now, though not quite every day. But it definite sux!! I hope those who've avoided it so far can continue to do so and others who are suffering can find some relief!

Congrats, salamander on your little boy!! Welcome to Team Blue!! :)

Just stalking a little. Im never on bnb anymore! Also having a boy. And already he's got me thinking that I'll be massive (tho I've only gained 9lbs so far) and that he will be def be here before new years... just trying to get things done and ready before holidays and certain bed rest come in a handful of weeks!

Sal and SB congrats on team blue!!

SB I may have missed you saying this already, but what is making you think you will have bed rest and deliver early? (I think I'll be early, but that is based off of intuition and my mom being early with her babies, so nothing too definite).

Stretch marks!! :-( and so many!

From nowhere,they've popped up :cry: Mom hadn't developed any on both her pregnancies. So I had hoped same would be my case :-(

That sux Desp.. Are you putting any kind of lotion/cream/oi/butter? I'm not sure if they work but I thought it can't hurt to get moisturised.

My mom has heaps of marks, I'm getting scared. I also had some on my buttocks from my teenage growth spurt years. Used coco oil and butter on them and seemed to be fading.. But who knows what will happen in a couple more weeks as I ge bigger.

We found out on Monday that we are having a little boy :) very excited now! Almost 22 weeks and last night had my first leak from my nipple... Was a little different!!!

Hope everyone is well! :)

Congrats, boozlebub :)

Thanks, lian. I wasn't applying any moisturizer :-( . I should have started way back,now that I think more about it :-(

Will start applying today itself,hope that'll prevent or atleast reduce future marks, sigh

I have been using Bio Oil I love it I have been lathering it on for weeks I have old stretch marks from when I was a teenager but no new ones yet :wacko: both my Mum and my sisters got awful stretch marks so I am hoping to minimise this :wacko:

Bio Oil should help minimise the appearance of any stretch marks you have too :thumbup:

:hugs:

Hi ladies. I am late to the game, but was wondering if I might join you? I am due Jan 26th with my second. Found out last week we will be having a boy!

Heartburn has been worse my 2nd pregnancy. I take Zantac when it's really bad as I think tums don't really do much.

I didn't get any stretch marks with my first....on my belly. I got them plenty of other places I didn't treat. I used bio oil in the morning and burts bees belly balm at night. They don't make the belly balm anymore...it's belly butter now. Definitely not the same stuff. I was convinced that's what helped the first time around, so I guess I'll be doing a little experiment :p

We found out on Monday that we are having a little boy :) very excited now! Almost 22 weeks and last night had my first leak from my nipple... Was a little different!!!

Hope everyone is well! :)

COngrats on being team blue xx

Hi ladies. I am late to the game, but was wondering if I might join you? I am due Jan 26th with my second. Found out last week we will be having a boy!

Heartburn has been worse my 2nd pregnancy. I take Zantac when it's really bad as I think tums don't really do much.

I didn't get any stretch marks with my first....on my belly. I got them plenty of other places I didn't treat. I used bio oil in the morning and burts bees belly balm at night. They don't make the belly balm anymore...it's belly butter now. Definitely not the same stuff. I was convinced that's what helped the first time around, so I guess I'll be doing a little experiment :p

Congratulations and welcome to the thread xx

Congrats to the new team blues! :) There sure are a lot of us. LOL

As for stretch marks, I got a few with my 1st son though not too bad. And I did use some cream but I wasn't religious about it. And I didn't really grow much of a bump or gain much weight with him so that might be part of why I didn't get many. My mom got some pretty bad stretch marks after having 3 kids; I'm not sure if they got progressively more with each pregnancy or not. I'll have to see how I go with this one. I haven't noticed anything yet. I should probably get myself some cream too so I can try to prevent getting too many! Good Luck to everyone trying to prevent them. :thumbup:

Hi to our new members and congrats on team blue :)

As for stretch marks I've only seen the ones from when I was a teen get bigger but nothing else major except my bbs hich upsets me bc my bbs haven't really grown :( but looking at the bright side I fit in my reg. bras :) LOL

Few more hours until my scan I'm covering for my boss this morning and is swear some people I'm officially over this opening mornings

I use Burt's Bees oil at night (Lemon scented which I like) on my belly and chest, and Burt's Bees Belly Butter in the morning. I started the regimen quite early, mostly because it just felt nice and kept my skin from itching. I probably started using it around week 7.
No stretch marks yet, but I don't think my mom has many either. I know that there's a STRONG genetic component. We had strong thunderstorms last night and I woke up around 4am. LO decided that was her cue to start kicking like crazy. Not complaining, just kept thinking, yeah, in a few months, this would lead to a screaming infant :)

Melann we had a few horrible storms come through last night, it was horrible the thunder and lightning luckily I was able to go back to sleep it seem we're going to be getting more storms today :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->