January Jelly Beans 2014!

Hey ladies,

Just a quick post for the UK ladies. My sister was telling me that the local hospital trust we use (East Lancashire) have stopped providing formula milk. I'm not sure if it maybe depends where you are in the UK but it's recommended to take a formula feeding starter kit with you in case for some reason you can't bf. I saw some in Asda and there are lots if makes like cow and gate and aptimal. I think my sister found the information on the nhs website. Hope it's helpful, I had no idea about this.

My dr. said Zantac is okay to take during pregnancy. I take 75 mg twice a day. I wouldn't take that much if it were just heartburn...but I have an ulcer and pregnancy has made it go crazy and it hurts all the time otherwise. It still hurts taking that but it helps.

I think I take several tablets of Tums and another brand daily.. Said not to take for more than 2 weeks but what can I do, sometimes the reflux is just too bad.

Edit: i also take rennie and mylanta..

Delamere - it's all part of the "baby friendly initiative" which trusts apply to be part of. Our trust in Norwich does it too. It's all about supporting breast feeding.

Em xxx

Delemare I looked on my hospital website the other day and it mentioned taked your own formula too my hospital is in Surrey - I am going to buy some of those ready made ones (I was thinking 2) just in case but there is such a choice I really am not sure which is the best :shrug: :wacko:

I have my breastfeeding discussion with my midwife this afternoon :thumbup:

:( GD is annoying my appointment went well yesterday. I did all my blood gloucose checks through out the day all were below the 7.5 the nurse wants it to be so today i thought i would have the same breakfast as yesterday as numbers were fine and todays result showed 7.9 i had exactly the same amount so dont understand why yesterday it came out as 6.7 but today 7.9 :( guess thats off my list of what i can eat :(

Happy 30 weeks Wrightywales! What did you happen to eat?

I have my c-section scheduled in my 42nd week in case the VBAC doesn't work out. It's all getting so real! I loved that I was able to pick the day and therefore, the doctor, who happens to be one of my favorites.

Formula really depends on the hospital. I was BF Fumfy but she wasn't gaining as quickly as they had hoped so they provided some formula to supplement the feedings. You'll be surprised how much the hospital provides - much of the stuff I brought I ended up not needing or using - but of course it's better to be prepared and make either OH or a good friend haul all your goodies in :)

HM - I think the US hospitals provide a lot more than the UK ones who really do not :nope: :dohh:

How exciting for the date - do we get to know? :winkwink:

Museli with milk it was fine yesterday but today not so good been measuing it to make sure to keep to what they say is a portion so was the same as yesterday but total different reading:(

guess tomorrow i will try porridge instead that or couple pieces of toast

WW- I totally hear you! I feel the same way. some days I can eat some things and the next I can't eat it. Its really frustrating! I was told I was allowed to eat oatmeal (which I am guessing is the same things you are talking about) and I tried 2 times and it didn't work for me... so no more of that. I was also told as we progress with our pregnancy that usually we become MORE insulin resistant... meaning we have to consistently change our foods. They said it was something with the placenta getting bigger... can't totally remember. Stick with it girl... only a few more months and it will keep our little ones happy and healthy! I have good days and days that I am down too, all I think about is my little girl and it keeps me going!

GENERAL QUESTION: anyone been asked by your OBGYN to track babies kicks? Mine asked me to make sure she is kicking at least 10 times every 2 hours... if she doesn't then I need to drink a bit of juice or ice water or lay down. if still nothing then I have to call her ASAP. Anyways, question... how do I track that? You think just carry around a pen and paper? I feel like when I get busy I don't even think about her kicks, so I miss them often.

WW- I totally hear you! I feel the same way. some days I can eat some things and the next I can't eat it. Its really frustrating! I was told I was allowed to eat oatmeal (which I am guessing is the same things you are talking about) and I tried 2 times and it didn't work for me... so no more of that. I was also told as we progress with our pregnancy that usually we become MORE insulin resistant... meaning we have to consistently change our foods. They said it was something with the placenta getting bigger... can't totally remember. Stick with it girl... only a few more months and it will keep our little ones happy and healthy! I have good days and days that I am down too, all I think about is my little girl and it keeps me going!

GENERAL QUESTION: anyone been asked by your OBGYN to track babies kicks? Mine asked me to make sure she is kicking at least 10 times every 2 hours... if she doesn't then I need to drink a bit of juice or ice water or lay down. if still nothing then I have to call her ASAP. Anyways, question... how do I track that? You think just carry around a pen and paper? I feel like when I get busy I don't even think about her kicks, so I miss them often.

Thanks Hun. Yeah i will stick at it Peanut needs me too. Its only 2nd day of checking blood glucose level so i am still learning with 'trial and error' as the nurse put it. Ive found a few things that i can eat for lunch and dinner just struggling with breakfast. Will try something else tomorrow. I know toast is fine but dont fancy having just toast for breakfast for the next 10 weeks would be nice to find something else to enjoy :) she did say breakfast was the hardest to keep under control but i so want too dont fancy going on tablets for it.

No my MW hasnt mentioned monitoring movement but have read a lot online and of here about it.

Mine hadn't asked but maybe it's because mine don't stop moving much lol. Baby A is now quieter but still very active. Baby B is trying to push her way out of the top of my belly lol

WW- breakfast is also the hardest for me. It is the ONLY meal I am on insulin for! Try omelets or protein bars. Also I have been doing protein shakes. In the US you can find them as a powder at the grocery store, GNC or like walmart and mix it into milk or water or something like that (sometimes a bit of fruit). Also, they make them pre-mixed so you just have to buy the drink mixed already. I like a brand called Muscle Milk. they have it in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and cookies and cream. I like the chocolate one and mix it in milk with ice and blend it up. Sometimes Ill add peanut butter or banana. I have also found some frozen breakfast sandwiches work for me. They have to be the healthy brands that are under 35g carbs and have some protein in it. Also, if I have bacon or eggs or protein drink with it, I can eat 2 little waffles from like egg-o (as long as they are WG, if you have that brand).

:hi: Just thought I would drop in for a quick update.

I made it to 29 weeks (which was longer than I made it with my first, woohoo!). At my last appointment (26.3 weeks) my cervix was measuring only 2.7 cm which was concerning to me, but not much my Doctor. :shrug: It was apparently "long and closed." I am trying to take it as easy as possible in hopes that it doesn't shorten anymore! Ugh. The baby on the other hand was doing well and his estimated weight at the time was 2 pounds 5 ounces! :happydance:

We moved from the country back to the city and we're probably 10 minutes from the nearest hospital, yay! I'm actually switching providers to that location and will have my first and next appointment on the 15th of this month. I went to that clinic during my last pregnancy and they were wonderful. :) The NICU at the attached hospital was nice too. I would have stayed with my current OB but I don't feel like she's taking the necessary steps to help me get to full term. :shrug:

Anywho, I can't wait for my next appointment to see what's going on now! I hope all you lovely mama's are doing well!

I haven't been asked to count movements, although the doc just says "you feel her everyday right?" Last night she had the hiccups for a good 20 minutes. It was quite annoying, but they were very low in my pelvis, so hoping that means she's upside-down already?
I used to get really worried if I hadn't noticed movement in a bit, but then I realized that I usually just wasn't "noticing it" and if I put my hand on my belly and really paid attention, she was moving just fine.

Sorry to the ladies struggling with GD. I make myself oatmeal every morning, but I don't use the packets as they are high in sugar, I use real oats, skim milk, a bit of brown sugar, walnuts and cranberries. Keeps me full and has LOTS of fiber.

I haven't been asked to count movements, although the doc just says "you feel her everyday right?" Last night she had the hiccups for a good 20 minutes. It was quite annoying, but they were very low in my pelvis, so hoping that means she's upside-down already?
I used to get really worried if I hadn't noticed movement in a bit, but then I realized that I usually just wasn't "noticing it" and if I put my hand on my belly and really paid attention, she was moving just fine.

I think it's annoying when my boy has the hiccups too, haha. Surprisingly, I felt hiccups very low down with my second son and he was breech the entire time! :dohh:

She has had hiccups about 3-4 times in the last 1-2 weeks. I was just told yesterday that she is head down already. So in my situation the low pelvic hiccups did mean she was flipped. However, I am no doctor to say about your baby.

Sorry to the ladies struggling with GD. I make myself oatmeal every morning, but I don't use the packets as they are high in sugar, I use real oats, skim milk, a bit of brown sugar, walnuts and cranberries. Keeps me full and has LOTS of fiber.

Thanks Mel. Ya I was using real oats (1/2 Cup) and basically the same stuff as you. However, I also tried healthy cereal (Koshi) and it also didn't work for me... so I just have to pass on those things for now. Enjoy it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->