January Jelly Beans 2014!

Forgot to mention, our baby class lady told us that the hospital will give us an aspirator, thermometer, bathing brush, a halo sleep sack (fleece for WI winter babies), hat and some other goodies... although she said to just throw away the aspirator when you leave the hospital because the ones they give you can't be cleaned well and have "hospital germs." The little grooming pack I picked up has a nice one in it anyway, so that's fine.

I will try the oats tomorrow thanks ladies will see if that will keep my levels around normal if not i guess its gonna be toast for breakfast for the next 10 weeks lol

Just to be clear wrightywales, I am not GD. I'm just suggesting that homemade oatmeal instead of instant packets has A LOT less sugar. Still obviously full of carbs as it is an oat. My GD friend (37wks) eats Bran for breakfast everyday.

Gavsicon and Zantac are both great for heart burn. I have had it both pregnancies. Tums did absolutely nothing for me.

For swaddlers we used summer infant brand ones and they were amazing. We had a couple of halo sleep sacks as well, but I like the summer infant a lot better.

The stomach flu hit our house Monday and has yet to leave! Ugh. My daughter has had it since monday, I feel so bad for her. Hoping she is better by tomorrow. So hard to see her like that and extremely difficult to take care of her and myself when the whole house is sick. So over it!!

I have my glucose test on Monday. Hopefully everyone is healthy by then!

GENERAL QUESTION: anyone been asked by your OBGYN to track babies kicks? Mine asked me to make sure she is kicking at least 10 times every 2 hours... if she doesn't then I need to drink a bit of juice or ice water or lay down. if still nothing then I have to call her ASAP. Anyways, question... how do I track that? You think just carry around a pen and paper? I feel like when I get busy I don't even think about her kicks, so I miss them often.

Wow, every 2 hours? If I had to do that I would have to call my OB every day. :dohh: My little guy isn't much of a mover and I know I can go for 2 hours and not feel him. But that's normal for him and was for my first son as well. My OB just asks if I feel him daily and she did ask if he had a certain of day that he was most active. And he doesn't even have that as it changes every day. I think its more important that you know your baby's behavior and base movement on that. But then again I'm not a doctor. :) Anyway, I don't know if you have an Android Phone but there is an app called Kick Me where you can track your babies movement. There's probably other ones out there to. So that might be one way you can do it instead of carrying around pen and paper. I think that would work better for me.

Sorry your family is so sick Acorn. My family got that last Christmas which I can say was NOT fun so I can feel you! I hope you are all better soon! :hugs:

Good Luck to those with GD. My hubby is a diabetic so I know how difficult it can be!

I was told that if I thought baby wasn't moving as much as usual to drink cold water, eat something sweet and lie on my left side. Then to feel for 10 kicks in 2 hours.

I wasn't told baby should always kick 10 times in 2 hours.

Em xxx

I was actually told 6-10 kicks per ONE hour. I haven't been counting, its hard especially at work but I do feel her throughout the day. I would start counting if I hadn't felt her for a while but lately she's been moving a ton (maybe because of the halloween candy :blush: ).

I was told that as long as he's moving its fine, he's not a big mover but he has his days.

Thanks Ladies :)

Hoping we make it 5-6 more weeks. How is everyone doing?

Acorn hope your family gets better soon seems there is so stomach bug going around every where :(

I was told to begin counting kicks at 28 weeks, and all I need to do is count 10 in an hour once a day. My boy kicks about 50 times in an hour. :rofl:

My baby has def quite need down these last two or three days. I still feel him but it's much less than it was. I have counted the ten movements like they say but it makes me a little uncomfortable that he's gone quieter. I have midwife tue so I'll mention it if is still the same. He could have moved position I guess but it's still a concern.

Just got back from my routine doc appointment.. Can't believe that I don't have GD (after almost collapsing and throwing up during the glucose test), my blood results are all normal. The doc said that baby is also probably head down already, but with like 5-10% chance that she's wrong. So far, so good.. Maybe except that I needed to slow down my weight gain. I asked whether I should continue with my daily pilates and weights routine, and she said that I could do any physical activity I want except bungee, sky diving, motorcross, and other kinds of extreme sports. This is really a relief since my mom has been bugging me everytime to slow down and stop using my dumbells during pregnancy.

I also got prescribed Zantac.

Glad your appointment's went well ladies :thumbup:

Deleamare I went on the Count The Kicks website and I found it really useful I have a bracelet and when I feel him move I move the dial on the bracelet - I know my boy moves at least 12 times a day this is not just 12 kicks in one hour this is counting movement patterns throughout the day - his pattern does change on occasion normally due to whatever I am doing - like today he has been quiter today but I have felt him 5 times already :shrug:

So I had my 28 week appointment with my midwife Friday I do not need to have the GTT test :wohoo: bump is measuring at 29 weeks and apparently my boy is chunky and very long!! Also he is breach at the moment but she said there is plenty of time for him to move into position still :thumbup:
I had my Anti-D injection which wasn't too bad and tomorrow I am having my flu & whopping cough jabs :thumbup:

My SIL delivered a baby girl via emergency Caesarian section just minutes back. :wohoo:

I'm officially an aunt now :happydance: :yipee:

Congrats desp. !!!!!! :happydance:

Lian glad your apt went well :)

Twag YAY!!!! For not having to do the GTT I didn't do it either :) glad lo is growing well

:wave: everyone else

Glad your appointment's went well ladies :thumbup:

Deleamare I went on the Count The Kicks website and I found it really useful I have a bracelet and when I feel him move I move the dial on the bracelet - I know my boy moves at least 12 times a day this is not just 12 kicks in one hour this is counting movement patterns throughout the day - his pattern does change on occasion normally due to whatever I am doing - like today he has been quiter today but I have felt him 5 times already :shrug:

So I had my 28 week appointment with my midwife Friday I do not need to have the GTT test :wohoo: bump is measuring at 29 weeks and apparently my boy is chunky and very long!! Also he is breach at the moment but she said there is plenty of time for him to move into position still :thumbup:
I had my Anti-D injection which wasn't too bad and tomorrow I am having my flu & whopping cough jabs :thumbup:

Thanks Twag for your info. That's a really great idea. My boy seems to have been a bit more active but mostly at night. My bump is still feeling really low and uncomfortable. I'll take a look at the website you mentioned. I have MW tomorrow so I'll be interested to know what position he is in as I can't fathom it out at all! Lol

Congrats on being an Aunt Desp :happydance:

Delamere no worries I had a day when I was really worried about not feeling him and the website helped put my mind at ease and having my bracelet really helps me keep track!
I have noticed he has moved up as I am getting movement up top (which can be quite uncomfortable at times) but he still kicks down on my bladder :dohh: so he is long :wacko:
I have started to notice where he is due to my bump being really hard so what I can only imagine is either his head or his back :wacko:

He has been quite quiet today but I have started to notice that he too does not like Monday's :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->