January Jelly Beans 2014!

@despttc, congrats on being an auntie! What's the name?

Yesterday I felt like I hadn't felt LO in a bit, so I did what they tell you, just laid down on my side for a bit and actually paid attention. She had moved 10 times within 20 minutes or so, so I think I was just too busy to notice before that.
I washed piles of clothes yesterday (up to about 6 mos), including the moby and my delivery clothes, boppy cover and receiving blankets, so a lot of my weekend was spent ooing and ahing over all her tiny things.
DH and I also cleaned the house pretty thoroughly, I baked about 5 different things to freeze and cooked a couple dinners for the freezer too.
So completely TMI, but DH and I tried to DTD last night. We failed. It was depressing. We've only been DTD about once a week anyway, partly because I don't have much drive, and partly because we've been SUPER busy. We tried a number of positions and I just was SO uncomfortable and we couldn't get anything going. I cried about the fact that I wasn't ready to be "done" til 6 wks after she's born. That pretty much killed the mood... We did sit and talk about what to try "next time" since we both realized it just wasn't happening last night.
Bah.

Well done with all the washing Melann I am hoping to start washing bedding etc this weekend. We did put up our nursery furniture this weekend though and I got out the moses basket mattresses to air (new ones) :thumbup:

Well done on the :sex: front for trying we have not dtd since we got preggo DH will not and tbh I do not have much drive :shrug: obviously we have not gone completely without just not done the whole :sex: :wacko:

I hope you find a position that works for you have you googled it? I think there was a thread in either 2nd or 3rd tri about positions might help :shrug:

Wow melann! You're so organized, send some of that energy over this way! ;)

DH is too weirded out that there is a human in my belly that he won't DTD :growlmad: we didn't DTD much in my last pregnancy either, just a bunch of "fooling around". I wish he would just suck it up! I miss the intimacy.

Congrats on becoming an Aunt, Desp!! :happydance: I hope your SIL and new niece are doing well.

I've reached 30 weeks today!! Yay!! :happydance: It's crazy to think I only have 10ish (give or take LOL) weeks left til I'll meet my new little man. I still have so much to do before then!! :wacko:

As for DTD, we haven't much since finding out either. I think only once actually. And it's really not for lack of wanting to on either of our parts (mostly not anyway) but really just timing. With my active 2 year old, we really only have time at night when he's a sleep and unfortunately for us, my hubby goes to bed about the same time our son does due to his work schedule. So we never seem to have the time. And on the weekends, he still goes to bed early and our son is always up bright and early so that's usually out as well. We really need to find some time for just the two of us! :dohh:

We have :sex: more this pregnancy than with my ds but that's still pretty sporadic. Like once in a week then none for few weeks or a month. I don't really have any desire in that respect tbh,a little sometimes but not much! I have my son all day and my oh works full time so by bed time we are both shattered and I've been going to bed when my son does cos I feel more comfortable in bed by that time. Pregnancy with a toddler is exhausting!!!

We haven't dtd either- don't feel bad- oddly enough I do have my moments of really wanting it- but DH is a little weirded by the baby thing. But the lack of physically intimacy is made up for by the fact that we are connecting emotionally on a whole new level and that's awesome- he sees me as a goddess lol I love it :)

Melann, niece's name is Liana :)

Jess, SIL and niece are doing fine. SIL had been planning for a natural childbirth and there had to be an emergency Caesarian. She took it well although she wasn't prepared

At her 36weeks scan,she was told baby weighed 5.5lbs, but at 40weeks baby came weighing 8.15lbs <3 <3

We have :sex: very infrequently now and when we do, DH goes all extra gentle saying he doesn't want to hurt our baby. Haha

Chinese calender proved to be right for my SIL(It was true even for her first pregnancy which miscarried at 5months). Did any of you find that baby gender was consistent with Chinese calender prediction?

Jess congrats on 30 weeks. !!!

Desp cute name glad they're both doing well :)

As for dtd we used to do it every night ( not exaggerating) my hubby has a high sex drive, we have slowed down some but still do it pretty often. Now that I'm on bed rest we try to skip more days in between just to be safe

Chinese gender calendar was right for me.

We did google positions and came up with a couple ideas to try... just getting more difficult.

Glad they are both doing well, desp! :) And I love the name; it's beautiful.

The Chinese Calendar has been wrong with both of my boys. It said girl both times and they are boys. :) Though with this pregnancy it was a little harder to determine as I conceived right around my birthday (little before or after not sure exactly) and so I was never sure which age to put in. LOL Can't remember if changing my age gave a different sex or not. I'll have to check it again.

I only had one predictor say boy the rest said girl, I always check at every u/s well I did I get them twice a week now I'm pretty sure he's staying a boy LOL and the techs might get tired of me asking too :haha:

My Chinese gender was wrong. Said girl and we are having a boy. My sisters is right though (up until now! )

Mine was wrong it said girl but we are having a boy :shrug:

30weeks for me!! :yipee:

A tiny part of me wishes that Chinese calender comes true for me. As SIL has got a girl,all of us would like me to have a boy as that would mean one of each for our family :) But girl or boy,we'll all sure love our baby to pieces <3 <3

Had my 30week doc appt today. Found I've gained only 6.6lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. But baby is weighing and measuring normal. Am happy about that because I was overweight pre-pregnancy itself and didn't want to gain too much weight,in case I can't shed those off post-labor :) Bad news is,my bp was a bit high at this appt too,so my medication dosage was doubled :-( For now,it doesn't matter for me as baby is fine :)

My chinese gender prediction was wrong too.

I have my 28 week growth scan tomorrow :thumbup: So excited to see bunny again and to see how fat he's gotten! My mother in law scared me by mentioning he could be 10lb so I'm hoping he's still measuring average :dohh: I'll be checking he is still a he as well. The hospital I'm at was wrong with my sisters second child so I want to double check he's still a boy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->