January Jelly Beans 2014!

The Chinese chart was wrong for me both times...Ariana is very much a girl and Bobby is a boy :haha:

Congrats on your 30 weeks, Srrme and Desp! :thumbup:

And good luck with your scan, salamander. At my last appointment my doctor mentioned that she wanted to do a growth scan around 32 weeks so I should be getting a slip at my appointment on friday! :happydance: I'm excited to see my little man again and know that he's still growing as he should. At this point with my first son, we found he was measuring small so I had to have some extra scans to make sure everything was OK. Luckily it was and he was just small...but I don't want to have to go through the worry again! :dohh: Hoping with my bp better controlled this time, this little guy will be bang on average. :thumbup:

Thanks! :) I am relieved to have made it this far! I want to make it to 36 weeks at least. It's funny, I recently realized I am going to be 35 weeks on December 10th, and that's my second son's birthday! He was 35 weeks gestation when born. :haha: Crazy.

Congrats to those hitting 30 weeks! I hit it yesterday. :)

AFM...I found out I failed my 1 hr glucose test despite already being on metformin for insulin resistance so I go Thursday for my 3 hr test. I also have an ultrasound that afternoon and it sounds like I'll be having a few more. My doctor is considering me high risk because of my blood pressure, so I'm already seeing him once a week and he said we will start alternating at the appt's between the NST and an ultrasound each week. Everything has been looking fine so far, he just wants to be extra cautious. I don't know how much my weight is coming into play here, but after developing high blood pressure and possibly sugar issues during this pregnancy, I will definitely be trying to get myself into much better shape after lo is born before we begin trying again. I had a pre-pregnancy BMI of 30, so I definitely want to get that lower and in a healthy range. My doctor, or my RE, never said anything about my weight being a factor but I'm only assuming it hasn't helped with my bp and sugar. The good news at this point is that the baby is doing great and measuring right where she should be, so I'm staying positive. Send me some positive vibes for me as I take my 3 hr test Thursday!!

Did anyone fail their 1 hr but then pass their 3 hr glucose test?

Happy 30 weeks ladies!

Hope he still has a penis!

The chinese gender predictor was right for my daughter and wrong for my son.

Sorry you failed Lindsay, hopefully you pass the next one :hugs:

lindsay, I was lucky and passed my 1 hour but I know it's very common for you to fail the 1 hour and then pass the 3 hour. So hopefully that will be the case for you! :thumbup: As for your BMI affecting bp and blood sugar, its definitely possible but I know people who are stick thin and have had problems with blood pressure and the same is true for blood sugar issues. So while getting into a healthy BMI is never a bad idea, it also doesn't mean you won't have the same problems or other problems. :) Just wanted to put that out there so you don't feel bad for not being some theoretical "Ideal weight." :hugs: I have a BMI quite a bit higher than yours and I'm definitely going to try to loose some weight after I have this little guy, but I don't think I'll ever get down to what's considered a "healthy BMI." I don't really think BMI is a good indicator of overall health.

@Lindsey, I failed my 1 hr by a single point and passed all four blood draws of the three hour by wide margins. Eat plenty of complex carbs today, avoid sugar the second half of tomorrow and if you can, take a walk or something before your test to get your metabolism going. And drink plenty of water. All these things can help, but obviously if you truly have GD, there's no fooling the test.

Congratulations to the ladies hitting new weeks!:happydance:

I had my latest MW appt yesterday. My first fundal height measurement was spot on and baby's heart beat was nice and strong. She said it felt like he was tucked up,low down which explains my feeling him low all the time and said there is still plenty if room for growth. I mentioned how I'm struggling walking far due to the pressure feeling but she said unfortunately as I have already had a baby my ligaments are just stretched more so looks like I will just have to tolerate it. Took my blood to recheck blood types and iron levels. Getting more real now as my next appointment is in 3 wks instead of 4 and then will be every 2 wks :wacko:
Got an appointment for my whooping cough jab next Wednesday. It's all appointments isn't it!?

Hope everyone is well x

Glad your midwife appointment went well Delamere :thumbup:
I got my whooping cough jab yesterday and I will say to get it in the arm you use the least & do not sleep on because ouch my arm feel bruised and because I had the flu one at the same time in my left they had to do the whooping cough one in my right and I am right handed :dohh:

I am 29 weeks today :yipee: 11 more weeks until I meet my baby boy :cloud9:

Congrats twag on 29 weeks !!!!!

I'm supposed to be getting my shots this week I think too

Congrats on 29 weeks, Twag!! :thumbup:

I got my flu shot last friday which wasn't bad at all. I was going to get my whooping cough as well but they had just run out. The nurse said they were getting more in this past Monday. So if all goes well I'm going to go get it on Friday after my OB appointment. Not looking forward to the shot...but it's worth it to keep my little guy healthy. :)

I had a strange episode this morning that I don't know if it has anything to do with my pregnancy or my cold (runny nose and cough) but I can say I did not like it! :nope: I was lucky and have avoided morning sickness (knock on wood) though I did have a few times I was nauseous and I've gagged while brushing my teeth. Well this morning, and sorry if this is TMI, I had just finished brushing my teeth and I started coughing due to post nasal drip. Well next thing I know, I'm gagging and retching like I'm going to throw up but nothing came up. It was kind of violent though and now my throat really hurts. :( Ugh. It didn't last long but it made my eyes water. I felt fine, besides the sore throat, afterwards but it was not a fun experience! I'm hoping it was just a combination of my sensitive gag reflex due to brushing my teeth and my coughing and it doesn't happen again! :dohh: And I hope this sore throat doesn't last. It was hard to eat my breakfast this morning because of it.

Our baby shower is Saturday!! cant wait. Anyone have a good idea for a gift for those throwing the shower for us? I was thinking a restaurant gift card.

Jess hope you feel better soon Hun

Goldstns- you can never go wrong with a gift card that sounds great or just a visa gift card that way they can use it where ever, that's what I always get takes the guess work out of it

Thanks for the advice ladies!! My doctor did give me a specific diet for the 3 days leading up to the test and I have gotten in all the complex carbs so far that he wants, so we will see. I'm going first thing in the morning for my 3 hr test, then my ultrasound and OB appointment in the afternoon.

Goldstns - I'm having 3 different showes with several different hostesses so I was researching quite a bit to find some unique hostess presents and I ended up doing these super cute brownie jars and put them in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon and measuring spoons for each of my hostesses and then put something specific to each one. One I did a gift card to target, one to olive garden, and two others are getting a bottle of wine with a cute note that says, "Make the brownies with the kids, and drink the wine with your hubby!" I've given out two of them so far and they have loved them. It wasn't too expensive to do, either, which is a major plus.

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/sand-art-brownies/

They were pretty easy to make and ended up looking super cute! If you're in the states, I found cute 1 liter jars with lids at Big Lots in the Christmas stuff. They did have a snowflake on the side, but you couldn't even see it once it was filled, but will be super cute to reuse for the upcoming holidays in someway. I have yet to hear how the actual brownies were but the reviews look pretty good online, lol

Twag :wohoo:

Jess :hugs: Hope the sore throat doesn't last

Goldstns :thumbup: on the baby shower

Hey ladies. My DD is still sick :( Took her in again today and they ran up a bunch of tests. They were pretty upset at her weight loss mostly because she was super small to begin with (5th percentile for weight). I feel so bad for her. I really hope they figure something out soon!

I had my gestational diabetes test on Monday and passed, so I was pretty excited about that! They did my normal appointment as well. Midwife couldn't tell if he was head down or not. She could feel but wasn't sure which was the butt and which was the head. With DD, they actually thought she was head down, but at an ultrasound to check growth found out she was breech. I guess my babies have bony butts, ha! It am freaking out now that if I don't get another ultrasound at some point I will not be convinced that this baby is really head down. I had to have a version with dd and I really don't want to go through all of that again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->