January Jelly Beans 2014!

Wrighty the drs had me in a panic so I got everything washed and surprisingly his bag is ready too :) I might need to get some pads but everything else is ready I just need a bottle rack and brush which I'm waiting on what my boss is giving me if not I'm going to buy them myself

@Lucy, at baby class last night, the nurse told us to not bother bringing any pads or diapers or anything as they'll send you home with extras. I bought a pack of overnight pads in the brand I'm used to for once I'm home, but she said to just ask for plenty at the hospital. It'll all work out! A friend of mine just had her baby yesterday at 38weeks 0days! (she wasn't induced and it's her first)

Melann I was going to start buying milk too since I won't be bf but was told not to bc the hospital gives you some to bring home :) and no diapers either didn't know about the pads thanks I guess I can leave them here lighten the bag a bit LOL
I'm going to ask today if they an give me a more estimated date she's my drs nurse and from what my dr said they review my notes everyday :/ kinda nice but I wonder what they say :haha:

My hospital is the same way. They provide diapers, wipes, maternity pads and even mesh underwear. Which is nice so you won't bleed on any of your own! :) I brought pads and diapers with me when I had my son and didn't even use any of what I brought. I may still bring some just in case this time but it depends on what I can fit in my hospital bag. :) As for formula, at my hospital, they wouldn't even let you use your own even if you brought some. I breastfed my son but I was a bit concerned at first that he wasn't getting enough so I wanted to supplement with formula. We asked the nurse about it in the hospital and they practially freaked out on me saying you can't use that! And then the pediatrician actually came in and suggested what we should use and gave me some. In the end I didn't end up giving him any but it was definitely an odd experience. I would think as his mom I should have been able to decide which formula I was going to give him as long as it wasn't anything bad (and it wasn't; it was a pretty popular brand of formula).

I still have so much to do before my little man gets here. It was actually my hubby who said the other day you only have 2months to get our room in order if you want him to sleep in there with us. Which is a change as before he kept saying we have tons of time. LOL I really should stop procratinating and get some things done. I'm off work tomorrow so after my dr's appointment I may come home and start getting things done. :thumbup:

Jess hope you can get things done soon, I felt stressed until I got everything done now I'm bored LOL can't do much now anyway but I still

Must be so hard bed rest Lucy. Frustrating I bet. You want to do things but you can't.

The hospitals here don't provide anything so you have to take pads,milk etc that you want to use. I suppose we can't really complain cos we have a NHS which is free.

Is anyone doing birth plans? I did one last time round but nothing worked out the way I hoped so didn't get to use it! I'm in two minds whether to bother this time and just go with the flow. Had a rough ride with my DS so want to try and be as open minded and relaxed about things as I can.

I did fill out the birth plan from the hospital. I thought of writing it up, but I figured the staff would be more familiar with the form from the hospital. I fully expect that everything could change, but I felt like it was a good exercise to talk with DH about the choices we could encounter. I got my own clothes to wear for labor, and maybe delivery, and want skin to skin right away, things like that, I figured as a FTM it was good to think about what would happen in an ideal world, even though some of my wishes may not be possible depending on circumstances.

Thanks, Lucy. I hope I can get some things done too. But acutally, I'm not really stressing at all, which kind of surprises me. LOL You'd think I have all the time in the world the way I'm feeling...but I know I don't. I just can't get motivated for some reason and I really need to or nothing is going to get done. All I feel like doing is sitting around and doing nothing! Which I'm sure you'd say really stinks! LOL I really need to find some motivation so I can get all of my little mans things organized and clean. I wish I would get some of this nesting I'm always hearing about though I never really went through that with my first son either. :shrug: I'm just going to have to force myself to do it! And I'm starting tomorrow! LOL

I never did a birth plan with my first son, and don't plan on doing one this time either. It's probably not a bad idea to have one but I know what I want and am pretty good to sticking to my guns. And I'm also willing to go with the flow when needed. So I just don't really find it necessary, I guess. Neither my OB nor my hospital ever mentioned making one to me either.

Even if you don't write a birth plan I def think it's well worth researching your options to give you more of an idea of what to expect. Knowledge is power!

Just been looking at my maternity notes and it said my DS was in the 12th centile. I never knew that. is that small? He was 7lb 4oz so pretty average. :shrug:

Even if you don't write a birth plan I def think it's well worth researching your options to give you more of an idea of what to expect. Knowledge is power!

Just been looking at my maternity notes and it said my DS was in the 12th centile. I never knew that. is that small? He was 7lb 4oz so pretty average. :shrug:

Was that fundal measurement? could just be you had less fuild then average doesnt always mean small baby as obviously at 7lb 4oz he wasnt that small :)

Was that fundal measurement? could just be you had less fuild then average doesnt always mean small baby as obviously at 7lb 4oz he wasnt that small :)

Actually it was on my fundal height chart page so you could be onto something there. Think it was 3300g so that sounds like what it was. You learn something new everyday.

Today was a very lonnnnnnnng day for me but it ended up going very very well! My 3 hr glucose test went well except for the last draw which bottomed out at 51. My doctor said I definitely don't have gestational diabetes although there is some sort of metabolic issue that should be looked into after I give birth. I have a feeling it was my insulin resistance kicking in, but we already knew about that before pregnancy. The baby is measuring 3 lb 12 oz and is the 73rd percentile meaning my highish blood pressure has not restricted any growth. My fluid looks good and the baby scored an 8/8 on the biophysical profile so doctor was super pleased. We got some cute pictures, but no 3d. She said they would try 3d at 35 weeks, though everythingi read online says that's kind of late to be trying. Oh well, we'll see her soon enough! :)

HM - glad to hear from Facebook that your little princess is all ok :hugs:

melann13- Definitely post pictures of your log when it’s done! That sounds adorable. I have tried to learn to knit. Being a leftie makes it harder to learn from someone. I’d love to learn though!

Delamere19- I feel you on feeling like your nagging, but panicking to get things done. My DH and I work split shifts so we don’t have to do daycare. It’s great, but it doesn’t leave either of us with much free time and I feel like we have tons to do still. He wants to finish our bathroom in the basement and it’s really not a priority for me so I am always struggling trying to get him to do what I want done.
You get tons of pads at the hospital. A friend of mine actually told me depends (adult diapers) work great for the heavy bleeding and are better than the bulky pads. She just had a baby and didn’t use her whole pack, so she gave the rest to me to use. I wouldn’t bring any diapers to the hospital as they will give them to you there, but I will have a TON stocked up at home. They go through them so fast and the last thing you want to do after having a baby is to send someone out for more.

vtjess423- I am sure nesting mode will hit and you will go crazy ;)

I did a birth plan last time and I felt like it helped the midwife on call and nurses know what my expectations were. Even if things don’t go the way you planned at least they know what you had planned and can help you deal with it. Last time I wanted discharged after one night in the hospital as everything was going well and I was uncomfortable in the hospital bed. The nurses freaked out as I was a first time mom and didn’t think I should go. This time I will be putting in my birth plan that as long as everything is well with baby and I , I fully intend to leave early. Hopefully that way they can mentally prepare themselves, ha ha.

Lindsay- Thanks for the sand art brownie idea.... I made them last night and attached a $25 gift card to a restaurant with it and said "enjoy dinner and dessert on us!". Ill give them to the 3 hosts tomorrow at the shower!

Question: So I have switched around docs for this pregnancy. So I am guessing ALL of my records never really got fully moved around. My current doc just took my LMP and said my due date is Jan 10th (putting me at 31 weeks) . However, I have always had irregular cycles that are usually more like 40 days. I tracked my O date and I Oed about 8 days after the normal "14" days. Therefore, my due date should be more like 18th of Jan (putting me at about 29 + 6 days). Ultrasounds were putting me in the middle of the two. I do have a US on wed where she is doing lots of measurements, so maybe that will give us a better understanding where I am. However, I let her think I am 31 weeks and never told her about my irregular periods and the fact that I don't think Im that far along (Iv told my other OB's before her, but havent told her). Do you think this is an issue and I should tell her, or just let it go and trust the US measurements and docs calculations?

goldstns, I would explain to the doctor that you know exactly when you ovulated and therefore your due date is whatever you calculate it to be. I personally wouldn't trust and go with the measurements of the next US as dating scans are really only accurate up to around 12 weeks. After that the babies are too curved and also don't usually fit onto the screen completely anymore to get an accurate measurement. Also, at later stages they grow at too different speeds. Like our LO was measuring around 2 weeks ahead at the last scan, but the doctor said it is quite common for them to go through growth spurts one week and then hardly grow another. Alternatively you could use an online reverse due date calculator with your known due date, which should then give you an "amended" LMP, which you could give your doctor telling him that you got confused with the dates. ;)

I also have long cycles and as I had quite a lot of hassle during my 1st pregnancy with people using my real LMP and sending me for scans 4 weeks early etc, I decided that for this pregnancy I adjust my LMP accordingly, which is what I have done and my recorded due date now matches my calculated due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->