January Jelly Beans 2014!

Hakuna, I'm sorry if I missed the thread, I didn't know Ani wasn't well. Glad to hear she is better :) :hugs:

Congratulations despttc!

It's 1:36 A.M. and I have insomnia again. Ugh!

Happy Anniversary Des!

Fumfy is fine, she just had a very quick procedure on Wednesday. Her left tear duct was blocked, so the doctor performed a nasolacrimal duct probing - she had to have anesthesia to prevent squirming but the procedure took 5 minutes and she's absolutely fine. Her eye is no longer gloopy which is great. It'll prevent possible infections too. She was absolutely miserable pre-op and post-op but I gave her lots of snuggles and cuddles and she was back to her happy self later that afternoon. She was already playing with the dog again and being goofy :)

Sorry I haven't been around much on this thread :) I am a faithful stalker in the FB group though :thumbup:

Heidi's little girl is doing GREAT. She just turned one month old, and she is now 2 lbs and graduated from the main NICU to a less urgent NICU area. She's regulating her own body temperature and is thriving. :cloud9:

Hakuna, glad baby is fine :)

Had a bad event yesterday(Our wedding anniversary,of all days!). Slipped and fell while taking bath. Was taken to the ER and kept in observation. By God's grace,baby is fine and I was discharged. What started off as a very happy day ended up a little bad :( My back and hands(on which I fell) hurt like they're raw :cry: But I sure am glad that bubba is fine and we could come home.

That must have been so scary, despttc! Glad to hear baby is totally fine. :hugs:

Happy to hear DDs surgery went well, Hakuna! My little one needs surgery soon for his "boy parts" :( it should be a quick procedure but I'm still, of course, very nervous!

Thanks guys!

So sorry you fell Des :hugs: Glad you and the baby are ok. :hugs:

Mommy hope the surgery goes well :hugs:

goldstns- I would absolutely tell your OB that you know exactly when you ovulated. It’s way more accurate than any dating scan. You’d hate to get in a situation where they think you are overdue even though you really aren’t and then induce early when the baby isn’t ready to come out. As much as we’d love to have our little ones here, it’s safest for baby to come when they are ready unless you have some other medical condition.

Despttc- congrats on your anniversary and how scary! Glad you and baby are ok. Hopefully you won’t be sore for long! I am totally freaked out about falling with winter coming.

mommytobe11- Scary on the surgery for your little one! I hope all goes well. May I ask why he needs it? We aren’t circumcising and my only fear with that is that it will need to be done later for a medical reason and then I will feel even worse! I don’t know much about doing it later, hopefully it’s fast and painless for him.

goldstns- I would absolutely tell your OB that you know exactly when you ovulated. It’s way more accurate than any dating scan. You’d hate to get in a situation where they think you are overdue even though you really aren’t and then induce early when the baby isn’t ready to come out. As much as we’d love to have our little ones here, it’s safest for baby to come when they are ready unless you have some other medical condition.

Despttc- congrats on your anniversary and how scary! Glad you and baby are ok. Hopefully you won’t be sore for long! I am totally freaked out about falling with winter coming.

mommytobe11- Scary on the surgery for your little one! I hope all goes well. May I ask why he needs it? We aren’t circumcising and my only fear with that is that it will need to be done later for a medical reason and then I will feel even worse! I don’t know much about doing it later, hopefully it’s fast and painless for him.

The surgery is actually to remove fluid from one of his testicles. He's had it since birth but it should have been gone by a year and it's still there. We have an appointment today for him to get an ultrasound done to confirm it is just fluid and then we'll schedule surgery :( I was told it's only a 15 minute procedure, I just hate the thought of him being sedated!

The anesthesia part was hard for me because Fumfy wasn't happy at all being held down and having a mask over her face, but the good news is it's quick :hugs: I didn't cry til after Fumfy was asleep because I didn't want her to see me upset and make her more upset. It's going to be a hard day but you all will get through it :hugs:

@despttc- Congrats on the anniversary, and glad you are okay after the fall! My DH is terrified of me walking around campus in Dec and early Jan (winter in WI) as the hills get VERY icy and I have fallen many times (not pregnant). He got me a pair of crampons to help, but I think after Christmas I will probably work mostly from home. Not that you can wear them in the bath, but alas! :)

Also, I can't remember if it was on this thread or the other I'm on that we were talking about knitting/crocheting (I think it was this one... @Lucy maybe?)< regardless here's my finished log and finger puppet forest family to go inside. The log is stuffed, but hollow with a hole as well, and I made a mouse, fox, squirrel, raccoon and rabbit. Now I get to move on to a little cardigan for baby!
Last monthly appt today and then it's on to bi/monthly! I get panicked that I haven't felt LO in a bit, but then I put my hand on my belly and feel her pushing back and forth. It's just not sharp movements. Hoping those still count as I haven't really worried about it. She did have a couple big kicks yesterday including one that made me call out. Not because it hurt, just because it was so sudden and powerful it startled me!

And... new fruit!

Attachments

• photo(13).jpg
    photo(13).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
mommytobe11- I have never heard of that before! I hope it goes smoothly and that you handle it ok as well! I'm sure it's difficult to see that, especially when they don't understand what's going on.

melann13- That is soo cute! The little animals are adorable, I'm sure she's going to love playing with them!

Mel - very cute!!

54 Days To Go!

Updated to do list:

- Finish my bedroom (donate some of my clothes & organize Bobby's)

- Christmas cards (take pic of Fumfy, order cards, mail)

- Sterilize bottles (even though I plan on BF)

- Buy diapers (going to wait til he's born, don't want to get newborn diapers if he's big, for example)

- Decorate for Christmas

- Finish wrapping (mostly just a few stocking stuffers for DH)

- Pack hospital bag

- Fill out c/s paperwork just in case

- Clean house and maintain within reason

What am I forgetting????

Desp, Happy Belated Anniversary! And I'm sorry to hear you had such a scare! I'm so glad you are both OK. Bathrooms can definitely be dangerous! :hugs:

mommytobe11 - Good luck with your son's surgery. I hope it goes smoothly. My son had a similar surgery when he was about a year old (about a week after his birthday actually). But for him, he had one undescended testicle and they went in and pulled it down. They also ended up cleaning up his circumcision as his urethra wasn't fully open. It's also a simple surgery but like hakuna, I was most worried about the anesthesia. My husband was the one who went back when they put him under. I don't think I could have handled seeing him like that. But luckily everything went smoothly. He was very upset when he came out of the anesthesia but after he saw mommy and daddy and we held him, he calmed down and was pretty much back to his normal self on the way back home (we had a 2 hour drive). He even ate some french fries on the way home. LOL I was worried about it making him sick but he handled them just fine. So I hope your son's surgery goes as smoothly as my son's did. I'm sure he'll be just fine! :hugs:

And hakuna, it looks like you have everything pretty much covered. I really wish I was as organized and had a list of what I need to do! Our house is a bit of a mess and really needs a good scrubbing on top of getting all of the baby things together. :dohh: It's just hard to do a lot cleaning when my 2 year old keeps pulling everything back out. LOL He tries to be helpful....but it would go so much faster and smoother without his help. :) So really my days off are the only time I have to get things done and unfortunately that's only every other Friday. Hopefully I have enough left to get everything done. :thumbup: And I haven't really gotten much for Christmas either. Goodness I need to get on the ball!!

I don't blame you Jess, it was super hard to watch :cry:

Fumfy puked a bit after! Glad your little dude held up so well!

Melann those are so cute you are talented my friend. Still working on my blanket, my hubby wants me to do a beanie for him so Wednesday well get yarn for him :) I want to do these cute booties too I guess we'll see

I read everything but I forgot what I read :( my brain is dying bc of none use LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->