January Jelly Beans 2014!

@Lucy, DH is actually on my case because a hat I made him some time ago is a little short and doesn't quite cover his ears. I'm going to attempt to pick up the edge stitches and add another inch or so, but I HATE picking up stitches, so I keep putting it off :) Plus he's been wearing it for over a year, so I'm afraid the wool make have merged a bit and the stitches will be hard to decipher. I'd much rather make little Felicity's turquoise cardigan :). I made a hat and mitts for her back at the beginning.

Melann couldn't you make him a new one? It might be noticeable if you add new wool to it after so long ( not son expert tho so who knows) I know what you mean I'd rather work on things for Ivan too but I might do a blanket for my new nephew and one for my niece, and my other nephew but he's older so I don't know if he'd like it or not.

@Lucy, I have more of the same wool left over, and it already has a bi-color border, so I think that if the edge is a little darker, it won't look strange. It's a dark grey wool in a waffle pattern, and the current edge is off-white with the gray in ribbed, so I was hoping to just add another inch or so in the straight gray and continue the ribbed pattern. If I get up the motivation to do it, I'll post a picture. He LOVES that hat, so I want to fix it so it's more useful. He also has a sweater I made him that he loves. I've always made him pick out his own yarn (within my specifications of course) because then only so much responsibility is on me :)

Yes def post a pic, I really want to learn to make things like that just bc it gives you something to do and it's even more special when it's hand made with love :) I can't believe you bade a sweater is it hard to do it?

melann, I forgot to mention that I thought you did a wonderful job on your woodland creatures for your daughter! You are quite talented. My last attempt at a blanket, which I haven't finished, is a bit crooked. LOL I keep meaning to go back and finish it but haven't made the attempt. I love hand made gifts. My great-grandmother loved to make blankets for all of us. I still treasure the one she made me. When I was about 12/13 she made each of her great grandchildren a blanket for Christmas (she had 11 or maybe 12 at the time). We all loved them and cherish them to this day. :) I wish I had inherited her talent. My aunts really great too and made my son (and all nieces and nephews) a matching blanket, sweater, hat and booties. Handmade gifts are the best.

@VTJess, thanks so much. I've been knitting 2.5 years. I've made 4 sweaters actually, 3 for me (1 is a cardigan that was my first, and I DON't like it) and the one for DH. This was my second set of finger puppets, the others I didn't use a pattern. THese are a little better. I haven't done a blanket, but I've probably done 12 hats (2 for me, 2 for DH, 8 or 10 for children/babies, 3 different kinds), gloves, mittens, a stuffed cat. It's most definitely a nice winter hobby and I mostly do it on the bus. I'm on the bus for about 50 minutes a day and I can't read scientific papers for work as it's too hard to focus, but knitting I can do!
I recommend Ravelry.com for anyone who wants to knit/crochet as the free patterns are endless and you can read others' comments and notes as you go to see if there's any issues you should watch out for. I taught myself how to knit, and YouTube helped A TON! If you go on Ravelry, my username is neuronerd and you can see all my projects there.

I need to start knitting again! I started blankets for Ani and Bobby and abandoned both :blush:

Melann I tried going on that site but it wouldn't let me :shrug: but I'll try again

Baby Boy is still breech. Know how I can tell? He's curb stomping my vag. :\

I hope everyone is doing well!

My boy has been kicking me so much in the cervix for weeks. It's def getting stronger now! It's not a sensation I particularly enjoy and it makes me want to pee! My sisters baby is already head down at 33 wks but it's her first and I know second babies can stay breech til labour.

I do not know how to knit at all :nope: :blush: but I would like to learn one day (maybe when I do not need to worry about studying and have free time :haha: I know I have a son coming there is no such thing as free time :dohh:) my Mum knits though and she has made Elliot - Blanket, Booties (based on Converse trainers they are so cool), beanie hat, cardigan and 2 cuddly elephants :thumbup:
But an old lady at work has knitted Elliot (bless her) loads of cardigans, mittens, hats & blankets <3

At my 28 week appointment Elliot was breach according to my midwife but tbh I cannot tell which way he is now :nope:
I get a lot of kicks and ouchie movement down LOW but then I get a lot up top just at my ribs too :wacko: apparently he is long :shrug:

Although when I use the doppler I do find his heatbeat down low so I do wonder if he has moved himself around to head down now :shrug: in which case he is thumping my bladder & cervix :wacko:

31weeks for me. Yay :yipee:
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Bubba is already head-down I believe, I get very strong kicks at the top and lots of elbow jabs in my pelvis

Happy 31 weeks desp !!!!

Twag wow that lots of knitted things for baby Elliot, in working on a blanket for Ivan but keep getting side tracked but soon I shall be gone LOL

TR - lol at curb stomping

Happy 31 weeks Des!

Twag - glad to hear baby is well. Definitely early enough where he will change positions multiple times before settling in.

I might try to knit today - would have to do it while Fumfy is napping or she would yank it out of my hands :haha:

I believe Felicity is head down already. When she gets hiccups (almost everyday) they're VERY low in my pelvis. I asked the nurse at my appt yesterday and she felt around a little bit and said she agrees, but that she could still move. I think she's already been like this for a week or more. I also have the big butt movements across under my ribs and she hangs out on my right side and feels like she's trying to push herself out over there sometimes.
Twag, I have lots of studying to do too, preparing to defend my preliminary dissertation proposal, but knitting is so calming, and once you get the hang of it, you can do it almost anywhere, or while reading, and I find it actually helps me focus on what I'm reading.

I ended up friday in labor and delivery because the doc wanted a stress test because baby wasn't moving much in the last 24 hrs. Turns out she is just fine, however they think she spun around to my back so her kicks and all are in my back now and are harder to feel. They said (if she stays that way) its good because that is the direction she needs to be to come out.

Good luck Melann with the dissertation - I have my final accounting exam on the 6th December on Advanced Taxation (7 different taex in the UK) and this I study at the weekends and work full time during the week I really just do not have the time or concentration to learn to knit and remember the tax stuff I am struggling with baby brain as it is :wacko:

Might be something I take up later in life get my Mum to teach me but I also know I am not a patient person so I will get bored if I do not see quick results :wacko:

I guess this is why paint my numbers is better for me :haha: :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"