January Jelly Beans 2014!

I'm planning to have a private scan this Friday. My last scan was ages back,at 20weeks and my next isn't until 36weeks. Am desperate to see bubba,especially after my slip and fall this Sunday :(

Melann that's so beautiful love it :)

I get heartburn too I use tums which helps a bit. I'm not sure if I'd had hb or not but def RLP they are so uncomfortable especially trying to get comfy at nigh touch.I one thing I'm suffering which the dr believes it PUPPS :( OMG I'm cut up on my legs from scratching so much :(

I'm SO sorry to hear doctor confirmed it's probably PUPPS, Lucy :( :( I'm *praying* I don't get it this pregnancy because last time it was the worst thing I've ever experienced! I really feel for you. I do highly suggest the dandelion root, it was the only thing that worked for me. My doctor said he would write me a prescription for a steroid cream but I had read they usually didn't help at all so I said no. I had tried every cream at that point so I wasn't confident another one could work!
Oatmeal baths took some of the edge off also :hugs:

Cute nursery, melann!

I did not feel BH with my first, and none yet with this one. With my first my midwife could feel them when she was examining my belly and I still couldn't feel them, so i was having them and not even knowing it. She said that would serve me well when contractions started ;)

I've had lots of cervix pokes that hurt pretty bad. It doesn't feel like a kick though, more like he's stretching and pushing on it for a while and then it lets up. Hopefully it's his head doing the pushing!

I have had absolute horrible heartburn. It was bad with my first and even worse this time. I took zantac with my first and then would keep Maalox at my bedside. Zantac wasn't really working this time, but I realized the other night the bottle is expired, so it's probably not as effective. I bought a new one, so if it doesn't help then I will ask my midwife for a prescription for something stronger (she offered it a while back). I found out this time around that Maalox had factory issues a while back and suspended production. You can't find it anywhere. That stuff was magic, so I am pretty sad about it!!

Ok, so I used to laugh at all those "I pee when I sneeze since having kids" jokes that mommies make. It's not so funny anymore. It was never a problem during my first pregnancy and wasn't an issue after...until now. Anyone else having this issue? Not sure if there is anything I can do about it!

I never felt any Braxton Hicks with my first (if I even had any) and haven't this pregnancy either. So I think it's perfectly normal.

As for heartburn, the only thing I know for sure that you can use is Tums, which work pretty well for me. But I'm sure if it's really bad, your doctor or midwife should be able to suggest something stronger.

And I LOVE your nursery, melann!! :) It's beautiful!

As for peeing when you sneeze, I think I've been lucky and that hasn't happened to me. I've found it harder to hold my pee since having my son when I have to go badly but so far I haven't noticed that I've leaked when I sneeze or laugh or anything like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they suggest you do Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to help with things like that.

I am def in the peeing when sneezing club! It's a 3 sneeze maximum for me. Luckily I wear panty liners but it's still not very nice! I have been kinda bad since I had my son but pregnancy has def made it worse. I actually dread sneezing! :cry:

I had the sneeze/pee issue back at about 25 weeks for about a week. Stepped up my Kegel exercises, but I think that once I had another growth spurt, baby shifted and I haven't had a problem since. Knock on Wood!

30 weeks today :yipee: only 10 more weeks until I meet my baby boy I cannot wait :cloud9:

I luckily have not had any issues thus far with any pee escaping when I sneeze or cough - touch wood but I do my keagel exercises not as much as I should so I need to up these :thumbup:

Since yesterday I keep getting this weird feeling like I am being winded so I wonder if he is now up under my ribs

Ive felt my Braxton hicks for about 5 weeks now even had one yesterday at my MW appointment lol and this is my first i think everyone is different :)

Well had 32 week MW appointment yesterday a little early due to having a busy day next tuesday. Fundal height has gone down 1 cm for 34 to 33cms hope this is the effects of the diet as fluid was an issue so hoping its gone down abit. Good strong heartbeat didnt record this time as OH was with me or find out HR. Shes still head down but laying on her side so its her bum she sticks out of my right side lol and that is sooooo uncomfortable for me

Next week i have a scan on Tuesday at 11am followed with appointment to see my Obs consultant then parent craft class at 2pm OH wont be coming :( so his mums coming with me instead so wanted OH to come with me as he will be my birthing partner. On thursday i see my diabetic consultant again for her to check me numbers and see how im doing

Good luck with your appointments Wrighty :hugs:

Ive felt my Braxton hicks for about 5 weeks now even had one yesterday at my MW appointment lol and this is my first i think everyone is different :)

Well had 32 week MW appointment yesterday a little early due to having a busy day next tuesday. Fundal height has gone down 1 cm for 34 to 33cms hope this is the effects of the diet as fluid was an issue so hoping its gone down abit. Good strong heartbeat didnt record this time as OH was with me or find out HR. Shes still head down but laying on her side so its her bum she sticks out of my right side lol and that is sooooo uncomfortable for me

Next week i have a scan on Tuesday at 11am followed with appointment to see my Obs consultant then parent craft class at 2pm OH wont be coming :( so his mums coming with me instead so wanted OH to come with me as he will be my birthing partner. On thursday i see my diabetic consultant again for her to check me numbers and see how im doing

I agree that everyone is different with respect to BH, well with everything in general really. :thumbup: But I don't think there's anything to worry about if you don't feel them any more than I do for those who do feel them. Everyone's body handles pregnancy differently so the same applies to BH. :)

Good Luck with your scan and appointment next week, btw. That stinks that your hubby can't come with you but at least you have someone to go with you. :hugs:

I have just scheduled the growth scan that my OB ordered. I'm all set for 2:45 on Monday. I was hoping for something a bit later so my hubby can come but I'm hoping he can get off work a bit early to go with me. FX!! Either way I'm looking forward to seeing my little man again and seeing how he's growing in there. :haha: He's been moving pretty good today so I'm not concerned about anything. But it'll be nice to confirm that my BP isn't causing any growth issues this time around. It was about this time during my pregnancy with my older son that my BP spiked and I went on meds and he ended up quite small. Since my BP has been medically controlled this whole pregnancy, I'm hoping I don't have to worry about his growth as well. I feel like I'm bigger this time than I was last time, but we'll see. :flower:

Melann the nursery is beautiful!

I feel so behind, we haven't even started on the nursery as yet. We're supposed to start priming/painting this weekend.

I *think* I felt my first braxton hicks this morning. It felt like low period cramp, but kinda lasted a while.. maybe 20 seconds.

And she's kicking really hard again... back to normal, I am happy about that.

I *think* I felt my first braxton hicks this morning. It felt like low period cramp, but kinda lasted a while.. maybe 20 seconds.

And she's kicking really hard again... back to normal, I am happy about that.

Goldstns, yay to baby kicks :happydance:

Twag, happy 30weeks :wohoo:

I can't actually believe I'm 30 weeks today! Ten more weeks and I'll meet my baby boy. Still no name for him at the mo though. Really really struggling to find something I'm excited about.

Had a really busy day and I'm shattered now. Bathed my son, which is def getting harder me leaning over. My oh is meant to be doing it when he gets in from work but something always seems to get in the way or he's late home so I've ended up still doing it:dohh:. Did all my housework jobs then walked to town with my ds and sister for her latest MW appt. She is 34 weeks and I love getting to go with her to hear the babies heartbeat. There was a student MW in who was struggling to tell which bit if baby was where but they concluded that she is back to back :dohh: she's head down but really tucked into my sisters right side hence why she is getting a lot of rib pain, babies bottom keeps sticking in there. She has been told to get a birthing ball and sit in a certain position whilst bouncing. Apparently slouching when you sit encourages baby to be back to back cos the weight of the bump pushes baby into the back to back. Really hoping for my sisters sake she moves but there is still a chance she may have to have c section as she had placenta previa (sp?) but she has an appt in 2 weeks to check if it's changed. Walked home and then took the dog out and the dropped my son off at my dads for tea and ended up going for a walk with his dogs too! Glad to sit down now. Had loads of bad stitch pain in my left side again when I walk. It stops me in my tracks sometimes.

Sorry for long post! Hope everyone is well and congrats on new weeks! X

I'm still giving DS baths and DH is supposed to be doing them, too, Delamere. I rush through it to get it over with quickly because it hurts! DH will do it if I ask but I usually forget to ask because I'm so used to doing it! :dohh:

I'm still giving DS baths and DH is supposed to be doing them, too, Delamere. I rush through it to get it over with quickly because it hurts! DH will do it if I ask but I usually forget to ask because I'm so used to doing it! :dohh:

Think that's part of my problem. I still do everything on autopilot. I even pick him up and I know I shouldn't. I love his cuddles and closeness even though he's started telling me to stop kissing him! Lol

Think that's part of my problem. I still do everything on autopilot. I even pick him up and I know I shouldn't. I love his cuddles and closeness even though he's started telling me to stop kissing him! Lol

Lol aww! I don't get many cuddles these days! :( DS is going through the phase of hating diaper changes (again!) and I have to protect my stomach so he doesn't kick me there! And I think he's getting molars so he keeps wanting me to pick him up an carry him everywhere. Pregnancy with a toddler is not easy, that's for sure!

I feel so HUGE! I'll have to take some time to do a bump pic later, but it was like this with my daughter too. I get big fast and then I grow super slow for the last 10 weeks. I look full-term and I feel it too. No sleep for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->