For those who haven't heard, Shelli had a C-section and in her words,

" He's here and doing well. Born at 2:06am
weighing 4lb5oz. Gone to NICU but
breathing on his own"

Congrats, Shelli :happydance:

Congrats on your baby boy Shelli thinking of you :hugs:

Lian, the dog incident was terrible. Glad baby and you're fine

Twag, happy 33weeks :)

Had my doc appt today. My blood pressure was normal after such a long time and she looked pleased. Bubba is doing well <3

Got my scan date today. Its on December 23rd,at 37weeks. Impatient to see bubba again <3

mommytobe and srrme, happy 34weeks :happydance:

babydino, happy 32weeks :happydance:

Thanks desp! :)

Crazy that I'll be 9 months in two weeks!! The countdown beginssss!

Happy new weeks to everyone switching over! :hugs: We are all getting so close. I'm sure we'll be seeing more babies born soon! :winkwink:

Congrats to Shelli!! Nate is a beautiful baby boy and I hope he continues to do well and you both can go home soon. :hugs:

And lian, that definitely sounds scary! I'm glad you are both OK, though. :hugs:

I'm glad to hear that your appointment went well, desp, and that your bp is good and so is baby! :thumbup:

I have my next appointment on Friday and I think my doctor said she'll be testing me for group b strep as well as checking my cervix then but I'm not positive. That might be the following appointment. So it may be an interesting appointment. :)

And Srrme, I can totally relate on the rescheduled appointments. My last appointment got rescheduled TWICE because my doctor ended up scheduling surgeries (I'm assuming c-sections) during both of my selected times. Hopefully yours won't get rescheduled again. Good Luck!

Lian:hugs: how scary glad your ok tho

I'm a pet owner but I know my dog can be stubborn and will bark at people I keep him on a leash when we go for walks and make sure to tell people not to touch bc he will bite, I hate going to the park bc there are people who let their dogs run wild and they run at you scares the crap out of me glad your putting a complaint in owners need to be responsible

Congrats Shelli! I'll continue to keep you and your lo in my thoughts for a quick recovery and nicu stay!

Lian - Omg, that would have been terrifying. I'm glad nothing serious happened and I hope they are able to force the pet owner to get their animal under control. I have a dog that is skittish of strangers but I would never let her run free anywhere. It is 100% the pet owners responsibility to make sure they are keeping other people and animals safe around their animal.

As for me, I already talked about my scan I had Monday but I forgot to add the pic we got! This was the first clear 3D picture we were able to get and she looks exactly like her dad. :) My next appointment is Friday for an NST, so I'm hoping it's smooth sailing and no more contractions. He also has me scheduled for a growth scan on Monday since it has been a month since they took measurements. I will continue to get weekly ultrasounds and NST's until Evie is born. I'm anxious to hear how big she has gotten. She was 3lbs12oz about a month ago and in the 73 percentile so I'm a little nervous to hear her size now since I've gotten a much more obvious bump in the last month or so. Hoping she's not a whopper, lol. :wacko:

Also, here is a picture of her nursery so far. We still have more organizing to do and her floor needs a good sweeping but it's coming right along! :happydance:

Attachments

• nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 11
  • babyboo.jpg
    babyboo.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10
@vtjess,
I have my next appt Monday at 35wk 1 day, getting the group B Strep done. I think they prefer 34-36 wks for that. I think my cervix checks start the time after that, but, hey, if they're up there anyway... ;)
My friend said the strep B test was horrible, I can't imagine it's worse than a pap though... anybody know? I know they usually do a vaginal and rectal swab, my doc just said vaginal, but maybe he didn't want me to panic?

The nursery looks great, Lindsay!

Melann, I didn't find the group b that bad. My doc was super quick with it. He did a vaginal and rectal swab.

Speaking of group b testing, does anyone know if you still have to get it done if you're having a planned csection? I'm assuming yes in case my body does decide to work for once and go into labor? It wasn't bad last time but I just hate the idea of someone going near the "back door" :(

Melann I haven't have the group B swab yet but I did have the swab to test for the chances of going into labor within the next 2 weeks and it wasn't a big deal at all. I'm not sure how different the strep swab would be but I'm thinking it can't be too bad? From what it says online, I think it is vaginal and rectal but I think the swab is pretty small.

Thank you! :)

I'm not sure about group B and a scheduled csection. I would assume yes just in case.

Do we have the group b swab here the uk? I have not heard or read about it in my midwife notes :wacko:

Lindsay she is precious. :) love the nursery coming along great

Does everyone get the group B strep check? I've not heard anything about it

From what I have heard only on BnB, it seems like the UK ladies don't get the group b testing. But I think majority of doctors in the US do it.

Mommy I might need to ask my dr about it then haven't been told anything about it.

I had a strep B test last time with Fumfy and will again this time with Bobby. Was negative last time, hopefully same result this time.

why it's done

Appointment is tomorrow! A lot of blood will be taking and u/s next week <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back