January Jelly Beans 2014!

Mommy I might need to ask my dr about it then haven't been told anything about it.

Last time my doctor didn't mention it until the week before. He kind of gave me a heads up but didn't explain much about it. I only knew about it from BnB :haha:

Thank you Lucy!!

Good luck Radiance!

My hospital does the group b swab at 36 weeks, or at least that's what the nurse told me. My doctor hadn't mentioned it either but I know it's coming, lol.

Well here in Denver it is FREEZING (bellow zero) and very snowy. DH asked that I didn't go out on the roads in fear of an accident with Alia in my belly. So I told my work I would work from home... SO that is what I have been doing. However, I am thinking about taking the afternoon "off of work" and pack my hospital bag, put in a car seat and wash all of Alia's bottles. I can't wait ( I know it is a bit early... but why not!)

CONGRATS SHELLI! GLAD BABY IS DOING WELL AND HOPE YOU ARE TOO!

@vtjess,
I have my next appt Monday at 35wk 1 day, getting the group B Strep done. I think they prefer 34-36 wks for that. I think my cervix checks start the time after that, but, hey, if they're up there anyway... ;)
My friend said the strep B test was horrible, I can't imagine it's worse than a pap though... anybody know? I know they usually do a vaginal and rectal swab, my doc just said vaginal, but maybe he didn't want me to panic?

Yeah I wasn't sure what the correct time was for the group b strep test. I'll be 34+4 at my appointment on Friday so I wasn't sure if that was too soon. I thought I'd read that it was best done between 35-36 weeks but maybe I'll be close enough. I know I had the test with my older son and was negative but I don't remember it being bad...but I also don't remember any rectal swabs either. :shrug: So maybe each doctor does it differently? Maybe some do both and other's just do vaginal? I guess I'll find out at my appointment on Friday! :dohh:

And lindsay, your nursery is adorable! I really like the set you picked out for her theme. :) And cute pic!

And good luck with your appointment, Radiance. I hope all goes well for you. :hugs:

Happy new weeks ladies :happydance:

Got my beloved dogs ashes back this afternoon so feeling bit blue. It just makes it all so final but I'm so glad to have him home. Missing him so much the house is far too quiet :cry:

Congrats Shelli glad both doing well.

I've been feeling off all afternoon today, had upset tummy and was very sick early (to the point of missing my pregnancy class) very uncomfortable too..hope this isn't the start of anything like one of my friends suggested.

Big hugs Del :hugs: xx

Lian- That’s crazy!! I hope they do something against the owner!

Congrats Shelli!! Hope he continues to do well!

lindsayms05- Love the pic and the room 

I didn’t find the strep B to be that bad the last time around. I wouldn’t get too anxious about it! My midwife stressed that they really like it done at week 36, not sure how important that is, but she doesn’t do it until then.

Snow is getting crazy here. I still need to go into work. I hope the drive home tonight isn’t terrible. I hate that I can’t help shovel the drive. My husband was alone with our dd and couldn’t get up the driveway. Apparently she wasn’t helpful when he tried to shovel to get the car up. I hope I can convince him to hire it out this season so it’s not all on him.

Congratulations, Shelli! Your little boy is just adorable.

I have had two premature babies. If you need someone to talk to about the NICU, I'm here. :hugs:

Del :hugs:

Goldstns it's freezing here too

Tinkerbell hope it's just a one off thing

:wave: hi everyone else

Well didn't need to wait to find out about the strep B got it done here since am admitted they're checking everything. It wasn't bad actually it's just a swab they do vaginally and across the back and that was it. Took 8 biles of blood tho :( other than that it's just a wait and see

Thanks ladies for your hugs x

Another new week! Can't believe it, only 7 weeks til my baby is due! Where the heck has this pregnancy gone? I'm looking forward to cuddles with my little bundle though:happydance:

Awful weather here today with gale force winds and rain so we will be staying in today. I am out tomorrow though with my OH to the Manchester Christmas markets which I'm looking forward to just hope the weather improves. I have told him that it will be slow going having me with him, I can't walk far without my bump feeling really low and I've been having a bad stitch on my right. Plenty of rest breaks I think, sometimes I need to remember I'm 33 weeks pregnant and give myself a break instead if pushing myself.

:hugs: Del

Happy 33 weeks exciting to think only 7 more to go i know i can't wait

My baby boy has been getting a lot of hiccups i was worried as i hate getting them myself but apparently it is good for their lung development & Central nervous system but i am going to keep an eye on how long they last & bring it up with my midwife too!

i am pretty sure he is still not head down tho :dohh: i think he is more transverse but laying down low

:hugs: Del

Happy 33 weeks exciting to think only 7 more to go i know i can't wait

My baby boy has been getting a lot of hiccups i was worried as i hate getting them myself but apparently it is good for their lung development & Central nervous system but i am going to keep an eye on how long they last & bring it up with my midwife too!

i am pretty sure he is still not head down tho :dohh: i think he is more transverse but laying down low

My boy gets hiccups all the time. Esp at night! He wasn't head down at my last check 2 wks ago but he's my second and I read they can wait til labour to go head down and engage x

My last 2 he has been breech & midwife said he has until next one (next Friday) to turn but i am nt convinced he is going too i think he is stubborn like his mum & dad lol

My last 2 he has been breech & midwife said he has until next one (next Friday) to turn but i am nt convinced he is going too i think he is stubborn like his mum & dad lol

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Hun. He might turn yet still plenty of time. X

Del, happy 33weeks :happydance:

My bubba is Getting a lot of hiccups too. Am a little worried about it. Forgot to bring it up at yesterday's doc appt :-(

I googled it yesterday as he had 4 bouts of hiccups yesterday apparently it is all perfectly normal unless they last too long like over 10 mins & then could be a sign of cord compression so now i know to keep an eye out on how long they last but i am still going to bring it up to be safe

Morning ladies or afternoon where ever you are :) Del happy 33 weeks getting close :)

My first had hiccups all the time, never thought to worry. This one does every couple of days. I had been feeling them all the way down in my bum, but he did some major shifting Monday night and I started feeling them on my right side mid way up. Boo! I have my midwife appointment tomorrow. Interested to hear what she thinks.

I googled it yesterday as he had 4 bouts of hiccups yesterday apparently it is all perfectly normal unless they last too long like over 10 mins & then could be a sign of cord compression so now i know to keep an eye out on how long they last but i am still going to bring it up to be safe

Thanks for the info,I had no idea about the cord compression. Will def keep a check on how long the hiccups last x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->