January Jelly Beans 2014!

Lucy!! He's beautiful! So much hair! Congratulations. Just gorgeous.

Thanks ladies just wish they took me off this darn iv so I could easily go see hi but bc I'm still considered high risk I can't :(

Oh Lucy he is adorable (super broody now I seriously cannot wait for my boy to arrive :cloud9:)

Despttc - congrats on being in month 9 :wohoo:

Congrats Lucy!!!

Anyone else pack their hospital bag this weekend? I got nervous with already a few births from this thread. I figured it can't hurt. If you packed it already... what did you put in it?

Lucy, Congrats again! I'm so glad Ivan is doing well and he's just too precious!! :hugs:

And congrats to making 9 months, Desp! :happydance:

I hit 35 weeks today!! :happydance: Everything is going good so far. I had my latest OB appointment on Friday and no group b strep test yet. My OB said that they usually test between 35-36 weeks and I was still a bit early so she'd wait until my next appoinment. Which was a bit annoying as I had to get undressed for nothing basically. But I go back on the 20th and she'll do the test then. I'm sure she'll check my cervix at that appointment as well since I'll be 36+4. But heart beat was good (between 140-150) and my fundal height was measuring at 35 weeks so pretty much right on track. I'm getting excited to meet my little guy but I still have a lot to do. Around 5 weeks to go! I need to get on the ball! LOL

We finally put my older son in his "big boy bed" this weekend. We gave him my hubby's old twin bed; got him a new matterss and whole Disney's Cars bed set. He was in heaven. I think his favorite part was jumping on the bed, though. LOL My hubby is putting the crib back together today so once I wash Ryker's bed set I should at least have that all set up though it'll be awhile til he sleeps in it. I think I'll just feel better to have that out of the way. I also still need to wash all his clothes and pack our hospital bag. :dohh: I think I'm WAY behind! :)

@goldstns, I've been slowly packing mine. I have a list off of this site I think that I'm using, but I have: my L&D clothes (I didn't want to wear the hosp gown, so I got some really cheap stuff off Old Navy.com, a sweatshirt material skirt and a nursing tank). I have a swimsuit top to wear for L&D in case I want to take a shower or bath (I bought it during the pregnancy to fit these massive BBs :)
I have LO's going home outfit, hat and mittens and socks (its' cold here!), a receiving blanket to send home with DH for the cats to sniff. Nursing cover, my Moby carrier, some PJs with button down tops for after, snacks, money for vending machine, clothes for DH, my cord blood kit, birth plan, socks, nursing bras, couple magazines, toiletries, a bath towel (the hosp ones suck apparently). Baby book is on it's way so that I can get the hand and foot prints right away, still need to make an ITunes playlist and put a few seasons of Friends in the bag for the DVD player during labor. It's my comfort show. That's all that comes to mind... I just googled a couple lists and printed the most helpful one. Our hopsital keeps you at least 2 days after a vaginal birth, at least 4 after a C section. It's a nationally ranked baby friendly hospital, so they keep you longer to do a lot of education before sending you on your way, so that's why I have a couple days of clothes for me and DH. We only live 15 mins from the hospital, so he can go home and switch things out too if needbe.
Hope that helps!

Happy 35 Weeks

I started washing baby stuff this weekend and will finish it next weekend and hopefully make a start on our hospital bags as I want these sorted before Christmas madness arrives :wacko:

Glad you girls are getting things packed, I had everything that I needed thank a God bc i ended with an extended stay still might be here til Wed.

I knew Ivan would be little but he's def preemie sized so might get him few outfits once I can go out and about and just wash them at a local laundry mat as I'll be staying at either a motel or the house that the hosp has for parents just depending on room

I hope you can both go home soon, Lucy! :hugs: I'm sure it'll be nice to sleep in your own bed but that's nice that the hospital has a place for parents to stay if needed.

And my son was 5lbs, 4oz at birth, so a little bit bigger than your Ivan but even he was in preemie clothing for a few weeks. None of the newborn stuff I bought him before he was born fit and I had to have my sister run out and pick me up a few things before we left the hospital or he would have been coming home naked! LOL

Glad you girls are getting things packed, I had everything that I needed thank a God bc i ended with an extended stay still might be here til Wed.

I knew Ivan would be little but he's def preemie sized so might get him few outfits once I can go out and about and just wash them at a local laundry mat as I'll be staying at either a motel or the house that the hosp has for parents just depending on room

If you buy him clothes to wear at the NICU, they will wash them for you (or they did at the hospitals my boys were at) as long as his name is on the tag. :)

35weeks for me too :happydance:

Congrats on 35weeks, Jess!

I was put on bed rest today. This came out of nowhere. My blood pressure was up too high. Anyone else experienced this? I am so worried about my job and all of things I have to get done before the baby gets here. Does bed rest really mean I can't do anything?? Just lay around? :cry: I am in shock about this. Everything has been going great up to this point.

Ameli, I'm on bedrest too. Was found to have high blood pressure while admitted for my leaking waters. I was advised to be on bed the max possible time. After I started taking rest,my blood pressure is under control,an average of 110/70 to 120/80 everyday

Sorry you are stuck on bed rest, Ameli. That really sucks. :hugs: As for the rules, you should probably ask your doctor/midwife what they expect of you. I know there are times when they want you to do absolutely nothing and others somethings are allowed. My blood pressure spiked during my last pregnancy and I was put on meds but was never put on bed rest, though I'm sure if had gotten worse she would have put me there too. She was about to sign me off from work, but then I went into labor and had him so it never got to that. This time I'm again on meds but my BP seems to be undercontrol for now. *knock on wood* Hopefully you can find something to keep you busy and it helps your bp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->