January Jelly Beans 2014!

Sorry you're on bed rest, Ameli! A friend of mine had to be on bed rest for a month because of high BP but I have no experience myself.

Ameli I was on bed rest from 29 weeks until now still on limited mobility bc of section. Def talk to your dr about exactly what it means mine was strict I could shower, cook a bit, but nothing much or to strenuous huge hugs it's not easy I'm still worried about the financial things of it worse now that he's in NICU and we're far from home

Oh man! So much happens when I don’t get on over the weekend!

Yay Shelli! Glad you are home and doing well.

Radiance- I am so sorry 

goldstns- Cervix check is normally 36 weeks, but I know a few friends who said their OB started pushing it back a couple of weeks.
What kind of “flu” are you talking? Stomach bug or the actual flu? Stomach bug- stay hydrated and give it a few days, not much you can do other than that. Actual flu, I would just keep an eye on the fever.
I haven’t even thought about packing a bag since I have no reason to believe I’ll go early. If I go into labor early, I’ll just do it then.

Lucy- Ivan is beautiful! Love all the hair.

goldstns- Yay for the big boy bed  We have the crib and bedding set up too. Won’t use it for months I am sure, but it just feels more like his room that way. I think we will get baby clothes at Christmas, so I am waiting on baby laundry

Ameli- sorry about the bed rest 

Had my strep B test today. No biggy at all. Nurse asked me if I wanted my cervix checked. I said no. I figured it wouldn't tell me anything that exciting... I'd be surprised if I'm dilated at all... I told her that since we're close to the hopsital I don't really feel the need to be paranoid about how close it might be. I figure once Christmas is a bit closer I will have them check because I'm still planning to go to my parents' house (1.5 hours away, but winter in WI can be unpredictable) even though I'll be 37.5 weeks. However, if they find that I'm already 3cm or something in the days leading up to Christmas, I might be more hesitant, or at least take the weather forecast into account.

I also got my strep B test today. She also checked my cervix... well she found that I was about 2 cm dilated and 20% thinned out. OMG! She said it doesn't really mean anything yet because I could stay at that for a while.

She said spotting is normal after. I am for sure spotting but also had 2 little clots. Is this normal?? I think if it doesn't stop by morning Ill call them, but I think its fine.

@goldstns, it could be part of the mucous plug that got dislodged. IDK, I wouldn't worry unless it continues like you said.

And... I noticed I became a coconut today! Hope my little one is hairy like a coconut! It'll be fine if she's bald, but I picture her with dark hair. Both DH and I are brunette, although he was pretty blonde til about age 4.

Glad to hear the GBS test went good for you guys! I think the anticipation is worse than the actual test.

I didn't know they checked your cervix at 35 weeks! I wonder if my Doctor will end up checking mine at 36 weeks when I get my strep B test.. :shrug:

Ameli sorry you have been put on bed rest sweetie :hugs:

Sorry for the bedrest hun. Try to relax and enjoy having some time to yourself. :)

AFM, I had a growth scan yesterday with my BPP and they are estimating her to be 6 lbs 6 oz at this point! I know they can be off either way, but if it's anywhere near accurate, I'm looking at a 9lber if I go 40 weeks! Eeek. I didn't get to see my regular doctor but the midwife I saw said that my doctor will be talking to me about inducing at 39 weeks because that's what they do with high blood pressure mamas, and that if my pressure starts creeping up, possibly induction at 38 weeks. Given I'm now in my 35th week...that seems soooooo freaking close! I think I might start panicking a bit, lol.

It is coming up fast! I'm with you on the freaking out a little bit. lol.

Sorry for the bedrest hun. Try to relax and enjoy having some time to yourself. :)

AFM, I had a growth scan yesterday with my BPP and they are estimating her to be 6 lbs 6 oz at this point! I know they can be off either way, but if it's anywhere near accurate, I'm looking at a 9lber if I go 40 weeks! Eeek. I didn't get to see my regular doctor but the midwife I saw said that my doctor will be talking to me about inducing at 39 weeks because that's what they do with high blood pressure mamas, and that if my pressure starts creeping up, possibly induction at 38 weeks. Given I'm now in my 35th week...that seems soooooo freaking close! I think I might start panicking a bit, lol.

Wow, that does seem really soon!!! It's strange how varied different doctors procedures are. With my older son, I also had high blood pressure, which wasn't as controlled as this time. But my doctor always said she wouldn't let me go past 40 weeks b/c of it and would induce me then if I didn't go before. But I went into labor naturally at 39 weeks so I didn't have to deal with that. This time she hasn't said anything about inducing so I don't know what she plans. Everything is looking fine so far for me. My BP seems to be under control with the meds and my little guy seems to be right on track so no issues there. So I guess I'll see how things go from here on out! Good Luck to you, lindsay! :thumbup:

Melann- Way to wait! I don’t think I can manage to say no when they ask, even though it will just drive me crazy. Congrats on your coconut ;) I was picturing a bald baby for my first and got a full head of dark hair! It shouldn’t have been too surprising though because I was born the same way and it all fell out and came in blonde, just like my dd.

We are going home to Iowa for Christmas…a 4.5 hour drive. Really not looking forward to that, but it’s the first Christmas without my dad and I really need to be with family. My midwife said she’d check me earlier than normal, before I go to hopefully put my mind at ease! I’ll only be 35 weeks at that point, so hopefully it will be uneventful. Hoping the weather doesn’t make us change our plans.

It really is coming up fast!! I started some major nesting this morning. Tearing apart and organizing closets, and made a triple batch of homemade mac and cheese for freezer meals. Getting anxious to get some things crossed off the list!

34 weeks today :wohoo:

I seriously want to start nesting but by the time I get home from work I am just too knackered hopefully I will have time to sort all the stuff I want around the house before bubs arrives :thumbup:

Hello ladies, I haven't been on bnb for months. With full time manic work, a very ill relative needing care and a house renovation I feel like I've been living in a bubble!

So I'm off work today with an ear infection so actually get to catch up with the outside world and have a sit down :coffee:

Hope you're all enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy, I'm a bit worried that I've not done any baby prep yet apart from getting a crib and mattress and retrieving all my baby stuff from my two sisters whose kids are now 1 and 2.

Any other 2nd timers that just aren't as organised this time around?

Hello ladies, I haven't been on bnb for months. With full time manic work, a very ill relative needing care and a house renovation I feel like I've been living in a bubble!

So I'm off work today with an ear infection so actually get to catch up with the outside world and have a sit down :coffee:

Hope you're all enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy, I'm a bit worried that I've not done any baby prep yet apart from getting a crib and mattress and retrieving all my baby stuff from my two sisters whose kids are now 1 and 2.

Any other 2nd timers that just aren't as organised this time around?

:hi: meeee! Lol I barely have anything done. I washed and organized his clothes and set up the pack and play in our room but that's it. We have the crib but it's not set up (I blame hubby for that one!). There's just too many other things to do with another little one running around.

Glad it's not just me, think I'd better at least unpack some newborn clothes before Christmas!

Happy 34 weeks twag!!

It all seems to be coming round quickly now due dates are next month!!

I think we're pretty much sorted now, hospital bag is almost done. Clothes are washed, bedding will be done by the end of the week!

Hubby blew up the birthing ball last night! It's really comfy!

Em xxx

I'm another second time mom, who's been very unorganized. :dohh: I do have the pack-n-play set up in our room and have unpacked some clothes but that's about it. I still need to wash everything and get the crib set up, which we can finally do since we just transitioned our 2.5 y/o to his big boy bed. :) I still need to pack my hospital bag and get a lot of other things organized. I just never seem to have enough time. Nesting hasn't kicked in for me in the least, though I'm not really expecting it too; I'm just not that kind of gal. LOL Hopefully this weekend I can get some more things done, though it may have to wait until next Friday when I'm off work since my son keeps me busy most of the time. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->