January Jelly Beans 2014!

my plug has come out I believe. I am having pressure on my pelvic bone. However Doula and Doc has said this doesn't really mean much. Which I am A-OK with because Id like her to wait until Jan.

Hi mums to be! Iv not really posted here since 15 weeks. Hope your having happy and healthy pregnancys. Iv not got long to go now. Still on course for jan 6th but have been told by midwife it could be anytime now. Head is engaged and the pressure in my pelvis is becoming unbearable! We found out as soon as we could that we are having a girl. Even though we've known for sometime we are still no closer to a name. We have however agreed tonight that if she is born between 20th-27th dec we will name her Robyn. We wanted something Christmassy but still quite unique. I finish work next Friday (yay) can't wait to just put my feet up and relax xx

mel- did you get your strep B test results back? I haven't gotten mine back yet, not sure if it takes a while to get back or if they haven't called because its neg. I think Ill call them tomorrow, I just keep forgetting about it.

@goldstns- My doc said the results wouldn't be done for a week (for HcG and glucose I had results either same day or next day, so they must be sending this one out). They said they would just tell me at my weekly appt next week since it just means antibiotics during labor, nothing to do about it now anyway.
I had my phone conversation today with my insurance lady (i'm part of a program where they call me once a trimester). Apparently I was a little bit off on my insurance travel rules. She said they don't want me going more than 40 miles from the hospital after 37 weeks. I'll be 37.5 weeks at Christmas and I really want to go home to my parents which is 80 miles away. I guess I'll give in to them checking my cervix at my last appt before Christmas, take a good look at the weather forecast and make the decision from there. Also, my grandmother died on Monday (not a shock, she was 99.5) but the funeral won't be until the 21st, once again, 80 miles away and I'll be 36.6. I would think that I wouldn't be going that early with our first, but baby has definitely shifted down. My maternity shirts barely cover the bottom of my belly. I'm not sure how much time that gives me...

melann- Sorry to hear about your grandma. I traveled to Iowa (4.5 hour drive) at 37 weeks the last time around. My midwife gave me my records just in case. Honestly, 80 miles doesn't seem to far to travel. Even if you went into labor, you could probably just drive back. Unless of course there is a blizzard, then all bets are off. I am most worried about the weather. We traveled through a blizzard last year and it was not a smart decision. I won't be doing that again.

Random thought of the day: Anyone ever had a Durian fruit? Man that thing looks ugly (and apparently smells) :p

@Acorn, I haven't, but I know one of the last fruits in the ticker is a jackfruit which DH ate frequently when he lived in Thailand. He also ate durian there. I don't think he liked it, but he said you never prepared it yourself because getting through the husk was a skill that as an American he just didn't have. :)

Omg had an eventful afternoon. Went to town with my sister who had a MW appt. Arranged to meet her at supermarket after but she rung to say her heart and babies heart was too fast so she had to get her bags and go to birth suite ASAP. I was in middle of shopping with my three yr old and couldn't go with her as I have no one to look after ds. She's 38+1. Just got a message from my mum to say babies heart has slowed but my sis still has a fast heartbeat and a temp. She has to see doc. I have never walked so fast home (even being 34 wks pregnant!) taken me ages to cool down! Phew!

On a different note it's another new week for me! :happydance:

Congrats on new week, Del :happydance:

That sure was an eventful day!

Wow hope your Sis will be OK Del

Happy 34 Weeks :happydance:

Happy new weeks ladies

Im 36 wks today :D cant believe Ive made it this far and im closer to the time when i will finally meet my little girl :)

Have final scan on Tuesday and appointment with obs consultant straight after. I will hopefully get my induce date If not i will be kicking up a storm as i dont think i will be seeing him again until i give birth and GD consultant doesnt want me to go past my due date.

Happy New Weeks Ladies :yipee:

Hope you get your induction date WW :hugs:

Wrighty, happy 36weeks :happydance: Hope you get your date soon :)

I have my 34 week midwife appointment today see which way this little boy is I am pretty sure he is transverse and not where he is meant to be at all :dohh:

Happy new weeks, ladies! :)

And good luck with your appointment, Twag. :hugs: Hopefully your little guy turns into the head down position soon. As far as I know my little one is still head down; at least his movements still make me think he is. :) I don't have another doctors appointment until next Friday when I'm 36+4. I'll get my group b strep test done then and I have a few questions I want to ask my doctor. I just hope I don't forget them when I'm there. :dohh:

So my boy is head down and also apparently engaged :wacko:

Hope your sister is ok Del!!

Vtjess- I almost always forget my questions when I am there and remember hours later. It drives me nuts!

I think baby is currently head down as well. I will find out on Monday.

Twag- Yay for engaged baby! I was told that 2nd babies don't engage as early, or at all until labor so I am going to try and not get down if he doesn't soon.

Twag, yay!

My bubba is still in a moving stage,head down to breech and back(or so I believe). At 32week scan he was cephalic,but at my 34week doc appt,breech. Even now although I feel his hiccups inside my pelvis most of the time,I do feel them inside my tummy at times

Hope he makes up his mind soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->