January Jelly Beans 2014!

January is almost here! How exciting!

I'm kinda hoping that my babe will be here early as my DH has a 3-week Xmas leave from work. He just started working for his company 5 months ago and can't qualify for paid paternal leaves.

Oh well, baby's safety is still our priority. :baby:

Tried :sex: but no labor yet. Must keep trying! :winkwink:

Bobby is probably nice and cozy in there.

Anyone else's oh refusing to dtd?!! I never thought this would be an issue!!!

My dad and stepmum are coming down today so we are going out for a curry tonight. I know it might not work coz it's still early, but I can always hope!!

Em xxx

goldstns, I probably would have done the same in your shoes and declined the sweep. As long as there's no indication of a problem, it's probably better to let her cook a little longer. As far as I know, I don't have any experience with them myself so I can't say if they hurt or not. But I've always wondered if my doctor did do one without me knowing the Monday before I had my son (He was born early Friday morning). I had my regular OB appointment that day and she checked my cervix. After which I had a good bit of bleeding and I was never sure if it was just from her checking or if she had in fact done a sweep. She never said she did or was going to but who knows. :shrug: If she did actually do one, it wasn't any more uncomfortable than just a cervix check for me. But like I said, I can't say for sure if I actually had one. :dohh:

Still not a single labor sign for me though I'm not rushing my little guy to get out yet. I may be uncomfortable but I want him to stay in as long as he needs to be completely ready. :) I'm at work today with not much to do and not many others around so I plan on making a list of what I'm going to pack in my hospital back, which I'm very late in putting together. LOL I think I'll make a separate list of things I need to pick up At least then I feel like I'm getting something done and maybe this weekend I can actually start packing. :thumbup:

Last week I was convinced that LO was going to come early because of terrible pelvic pain, loose stool etc. The pelvic pain has pretty much subsided, stool is more normal and overall I'm only uncomfortable.
My DH was VERY leery about DTD, but I convinced him it was okay. It was definitely a little awkward and not our best, but mission accomplished. I didn't have any contractions after. I have only been having a couple painful BH per day, most are just the tightening. My next appt is 38.4 and that's when I'll have my first cervix check. Not sure if they'd offer to do a sweep or not, I may be okay with it since I'll be so close to 39 weeks. Depends on how I'm feeling by then I guess!

I agree with the others that 37 weeks seems very early for a sweep. Personally unless medically necessary I would not have one done until due date. I am having lots of strong BH and am generally in quite a bit of pain with my pelvis etc., but the thought of giving birth pretty soon is starting to get to me. DS1 was born at 38+3, which would only be another 9 days.... eek!

I should mention that we didn't DTD in an attempt to jumpstart labor, we just know that it's going to be awhile once the baby comes...
We did know that it could be a risk if my body was ready though, and so we pushed it off from Christmas morning since we were headed out of town. I don't think that any of the "tricks" will work unless your body is almost ready anyway, I think they may just help push it over the edge.

goldstns - I agree with the other ladies i think 37 weeks is a little early. Im due to be induced in 2 weeks and hoping they will give me a sweep next week but i will be 38+3 I wouldnt ask for one before 38 wks. I so want her to come as naturally as possible so thats why i will be asking as not looking forward to being induced.

Well Im 38 wks today woohoo

I can't believe I've reached 35 weeks! Our baby's room is ready and clothes have been washed and put away, now I just need to pack my hospital bag... I'm already symptom spotting, although I really hope she doesn't appear before her due date! I have got pelvic pain, increased CM and horrendous acid reflux, not sure if these are getting ready signs tho...

We are getting so close girls!! I'm actually in full blown get ready mode today. The house has been cleaned, aside from the tub which I'm hoping the hubs will clean tonight for me! Clean bedding is ready for the guest room. All the baby gear is setup and in place. Well, at least where I think I want it all, lol. I just have to check my bag one more time tonight and we will be ready to roll tomorrow! :happydance:

I've pretty much accepted that I won't be coming home from l&d tomorrow without a baby in tow! I'm doing my 24 hour urine test today and in my previous tests, I needed two jugs and by this time in the day, my first jug would be close to 3/4 full. And today, despite drinking just as much fluid as before, I barely have an inch of the jug full. Wth the huge decrease of urine output and high BP, regardless of amount of protein they find tomorrow, I think they will go ahead and induce. I'm a weird mix of scared, nervous, and excited right now! :wacko:

Good luck Lindsay! Exciting!

I am not full term yet, so definitely not trying to evict. We have been DTD once a week or so, more now that we are off work for the week, ha ha. It's a little difficult, but I am happy we still are. I do have contractions after the big O, but they do go away, so I am not worried about that. We DTD quite a bit towards the end the last time around. My cervix was extremely soft and I kind of wonder if that helped. Who knows, but it's worth a shot, ha ha!

Good luck Lindsay!!

Emily- DH won't DTD with me either! :brat: he is weirded out by the whole human in my belly thing :rolleyes: he told me about a week ago that he was sexually frustrated, I told him I was READY and WILLING!! But he still declined. Psh!

As far as Braxton hicks, is there an amount that is "too much"? I never experienced them with DS, or if I did I didn't have enough to notice. I get quite a few a day and not sure if I should be looking out for an alarming amount? Hope that made sense!

My DH and I haven't properly DTD since I was 24 weeks. From my history, I seem to go into labor immediately after DTD so we're putting it off a little bit longer. :haha: I don't want to force my little one out before he's REALLY ready.

I get Braxton Hicks daily. Sometimes I can get more than 5 in 1 hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->